Houston Rockets Thread 2024/2025 - NBA DraftTime, Sheppard On Deck

Aaron Gordon is *** but it is what it is. As far as Victor Oladipo he's def being moved and hopefully its to the Heat because they are looking bad right now.

Didn't see the news til after I posted that, but AG will be out 4-6 weeks so there’s zero chance they’d make that move.

As for Beal, I’m a fan of his, but I just don’t know how much he truly moves the needle for a team like this. Idk, just looking forward to future moves, but right now they need a big badly cause you can’t have Cousins playing 30 minutes and such. Yea such a volatile player both health and temperament wise.

Didn't see the news til after I posted that, but AG will be out 4-6 weeks so there’s zero chance they’d make that move.

As for Beal, I’m a fan of his, but I just don’t know how much he truly moves the needle for a team like this. Idk, just looking forward to future moves, but right now they need a big badly cause you can’t have Cousins playing 30 minutes and such. Yea such a volatile player both health and temperament wise.

Agree and I like Beal a lot but not sure if he moves the needle at all.

Just gonna reiterate that I still feel like there’s an active foul mandate on the Rockets due to Harden’s time here. They get called for some of the most bs ticky tack stuff and on the other end receive nothing. You would think the Spurs have Lebron the way the whistles are going for them.

That game was trash with all those weak fouls. Spurs players just ran to the basket and got a whistle. John wall, nwaba, and Eric Gordon looked great though.

If Oladipo isn’t gone by the deadline I will be very disappointed

That game was trash with all those weak fouls. Spurs players just ran to the basket and got a whistle. John wall, nwaba, and Eric Gordon looked great though.

If Oladipo isn’t gone by the deadline I will be very disappointed

Yea I just don’t know what’s with Dipo. Not sure if it’s just not being acclimated yet, but he’s just so inconsistent. Please LaVine and Lauri me, and if that takes Dipo, PJ, and Mclemore, let’s do it

Have to try to stay afloat until Christian Wood gets back into the lineup. Have to at least split these b2b games but not be able to take them both if wall and Oladipo don’t rest

Welp that’s an automatic L. I’ll be surprised if the offense cracks 75 points tonight :lol: :smh:

At least my boy Mason Jones guaranteed to play:pimp:

F1407971-C22F-49B2-B6F8-760B21E25A20.gif

Only been able to watch since the end of the third, but it was 87-87 not too long ago. It makes no sense how they can drive to the basket, get nothing, and on the other end the other team can just tell or fall on the ground and there’s a whistle for more than likely an and-1.

Wall
Wood
Tate
Nwaba
Brown
Rookies

That’s who the Rockets should be focused on. Everybody else, do what you have to do

Wall
Wood
Tate
Nwaba
Brown
Rookies

That’s who the Rockets should be focused on. Everybody else, do what you have to do

I think Nwaba and Brown are replaceable, but I like them being cheap role options going forward if we can keep them. Also adding Kevin Porter Jr.

Tucker, McLemore, Oladipo should all be gone by the trade deadline. Gordon is the only questionable piece. He has value and is under contract at a reasonable rate for his production and defense. I wouldn't mind keeping him or trading him tbh.

If I did the numbers right, you could theoretically create two max-salary slots (60-70M total, so it depends on who the guys are) to pair with Wood/Wall. I've mentioned this before, but I think we need to swing for the fences the next 2 years while Wood only makes 13M. once his salary jumps after this contract, it'll be hard to add talent around him. the problem is that there aren't great upcoming FAs, so we need to find some disgruntled stars or teams looking to sell.

Beal looks content in Washington but I think the formula stays the same. Find a team with youngish players that wants Oladipo, send the young players to a third team, third team sends us the player we want. For example, Dipo to Miami, Herro/Nunn/Olynyk + picks from Houston to Chicago, Lavine/Markannen to Houston. That would be the general framework imo. Other "bigger names" I'd love to see us chase would be Nikola Vucevic or Karl Anthony Towns. Alternatively, you add one max-slot salary and have Wall/Wood/3rd star, and divy up the rest of up the cap on above average players in the 10-13M range.

It's ugly now but the rockets actually have multiple options to diversify the roster now with no expectations to win + the influx of draft picks from brooklyn.

That was such a Rockets ending to the game. 2 defensive stops and allow offensive rebounds back 2 back. Terrible. Knicks on Saturday

Sign me up for just handing the keys to all the young guys. I just can’t deal with PJ’s spot not being upgraded already.

Yeah I rather lose with some young talent on the court.

Rockets have to take these next 2 vs the Knicks and the wizards. After that it’s 76ers, Mavs, and pacers which I’m penciling the rockets in all for L’s :smh:

Another game where the lead is cut to 5 and then we just get blown out in the 4th quarter. No point in watching without Christian Wood playing, but I will continue to :lol: :smh:

Danuel House has been trash lately. Trade everyone from the harden era. House, Tucker, mclemore need to go plus Oladipo and I’ll be satisfied with whatever outcome

Another game where the lead is cut to 5 and then we just get blown out in the 4th quarter. No point in watching without Christian Wood playing, but I will continue to :lol: :smh:

Danuel House has been trash lately. Trade everyone from the harden era. House, Tucker, mclemore need to go plus Oladipo and I’ll be satisfied with whatever outcome

I feel like Silas may be getting some advice from the front office about tanking, cause some of the decisions have me baffled. They cut the lead to within 5 at 79-74, then guys who cut the deficit were subbed out. They appeared to be active tanking while attempting a o appear competitive.

Another L. Rockets won’t win a game until Christian Wood gets back. Their season is basically over.

Back
Top Bottom