Houston School Bans Hispanic Students from Speaking Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Theres Texas...and then Austin"
he-ain-t-lyin-o.gif

But they couldn't pull this in h.i.s.d. or even in SWAT, lol
Galena Park and Pasedena honorable mention lol

Parts of the south have a real problem. Especially Texas, they out there trying to omit and redact slavery from history books and **** :x :stoneface: :smh:

Now this. I guess they think they'll be able to tell who are the immigrants if they're not speaking English.
what ever its still CA > NY on ANY day of the week
cant even spell america without CA :pimp:
So what, NYC > America. Country wouldn't survive without us.

As far as stop and frisk goes, while it may be racially motivated they're really profiled by how they're dressed. A black man in a suit isn't getting stopped the same way a black man in a hoody would. Still wrong but it goes to not every poc being targeted. Overall, it's just a bad policy.

Last edited:
Parts of the south have a real problem. Especially Texas, they out there trying to omit and redact slavery from history books and **** :x :stoneface: :smh:

Now this. I guess they think they'll be able to tell who are the immigrants if they're not speaking English.
what ever its still CA > NY on ANY day of the week
cant even spell america without CA :pimp:
So what, NYC > America. Country wouldn't survive without us.

As far as stop and frisk goes, while it may be racially motivated they're really profiled by how they're dressed. A black man in a suit isn't getting stopped the same way a black man in a hoody would. Still wrong but it goes to not every poc being targeted. Overall, it's just a bad policy.
:lol:
yes we could
**** CA can be its own country with our economy
NY is just a shell of its former self
yall still holding on to the past

ridiculous. half of the school is hispanic, how could anyone think this was going to go over well?

Only on Nt can we go from the core situation/discussion to an argument over the greatest city,lol

they actually had this at my job... nobody is allowed to speak spanish... there was 2 people at my job always talking to each in spanish and i guess people got insecure :lol:

I approve. Why should they be allowed to have secret convos in class? Speaking spanish does not improve their learning experience and can be distracting to other students.

I get what you're saying. I really do understand your point of view, but may I ask: are you bilingual or do you speak in a foreign tongue in and around your household?
If so, you understand why it's completely natural and supports a healthy bond between peers.
There's nothing more discriminatory than telling an individual, a child no less, that you can't speak a language you were taught from BIRTH. Not school, but amidst your family and friends.

I'll reiterate: I understand where you're coming from. Working in Miami, you have a plethora of various identities. The Cubans/Dominicans/Brazilian/Haitian etc. that speak Spanish/Creole at my job can be a little distracting..simply because they're fraternizing with each other and it can get a little noisy. However, I have no problem with it because it is a part of their IDENTITY. I don't butt in to their discussions, and if I do, they gladly welcome me in to the group and they begin to speak English. However, I don't like it when my supervisors speak Spanish to other Hispanic co-workers if it's about WORK AND INVOLVES ME. That is some of the most unprofessional and rude ish I have experienced. There's no reason in a predominantly English speaking company that you're discussing logistics in SPANISH amongst those that clearly do not. That's where I give a damb. Other than that, let them speak to their people in their native tongue. You can't stifle someone's heritage people.

Last edited:
And if you feel uncomfortable with it, pick up a book and learn a thing or two. Engage with them and surprise somebody. Stop crying.

yes we could

What?

CA is BROKE man :lol:

The only thing they got going for them is Silicon Valley. I've been CA a few times. I liked it a lot.

I just don't realistically think the world would be the same without NYC, let alone the country to the global economy.

i could've sworn i commented in this thread..

anyway, so many states  intimidate these hard working folks, they feel as if they have no rights and noone will fight for em.

hence why you never hear about migrant workers suing for making them work in harsh conditions and for terrible pay.

they are so afraid to speak up for fear that they might be deported.

they are also told that if they don't like the rules then leave..
mean.gif

this kind of stuff is widespread, arizona seems to be the one that sets the bar pretty high when it comes to blatant racist laws and rules.

from sherriff joe and his posse roundups in poor neighborhoods to profiling them when they drive.

the new voting rules in states such as south carolina were put in place to keep these kinds of people from going to the polls on voting day.

its messed up that the country relies so heavily on these people to clean up after them, cook for them, pick their fruits and vegetables, work the slaughterhouses, build our streets, schools, houses, then they implement laws to make them feel out of place..

i think these states are just upset that these people are coming in from some of the poorest places finding multiple jobs and ultimately living the american dream.

meanwhile the citizens of these states are lining up at the welfare office complaining that there are no jobs and they want free money.

Last edited:
i could've sworn i commented in this thread..

anyway, so many states  intimidate these hard working folks, they feel as if they have no rights and noone will fight for em.

hence why you never hear about migrant workers suing for making them work in harsh conditions and terrible pay.

they are so afraid to speak up for fear that they might be deported.

this kind of stuff is widespread, arizona seems to be the one that sets the bar pretty high when it comes to blatant racist laws and rules.

from sherriff joe and his posse roundups in poor neighborhoods to profiling them when they drive.

the new voting rules in states such as south carolina were put in place to keep these kinds of people from going to the polls on voting day.

its messed up that the country relies so heavily on these people to clean up after them, cook for them, pick their fruits and vegetables, work the slaughterhouses, build our streets, schools, houses, then they implement laws to make them feel out of place..

i think these states are just upset that these people are coming in from some of the poorest places finding multiple jobs and ultimately living the american dream.

meanwhile the citizens of these states are lining up at the welfare office complaining that there are no jobs and they want free money.

yes we could

What?

CA is BROKE man :lol:

The only thing they got going for them is Silicon Valley. I've been CA a few times. I liked it a lot.

I just don't realistically think the world would be the same without NYC, let alone the country to the global economy.
The whole US of A is in debt if u wanna get technical
just admit yall fell off
everything about NY is over-rated

Seems to me, the teachers have no control in the classrooms. There shouldnt be any talking while class is in session. Regardless of the language, if theres talking while class is in session, it will be a distraction.
Bad teachers, bad principal and bad rule.

Seems to me, the teachers have no control in the classrooms. There shouldnt be any talking while class is in session. Regardless of the language, if theres talking while class is in session, it will be a distraction.
Bad teachers, bad principal and bad rule.
this

The whole US of A is in debt if u wanna get technical
just admit yall fell off
everything about NY is over-rated

Say that to all the investment bankers, lawyers and pretty much any white collar professional. NYC is the place to be if you want to make money. This city is operating 24 hour a day and if this city shut down, the whole world would go in a frenzy. Same way if USA went away, the world would go coo-coo for coco puffs.

75% of the people living in NYC are not from NYC. How is this city over-rated when people from all over the world come here?

When I tell people I'm from NY, they go nuts and look at me as if they saw a unicorn or something. Then they proceed to ask me where the best place to eat ____ food is :lol:

Last edited:
Texas is da neew Florida? Why is English not da official languages of america

Our education system's purpose is to teach the English language along subjects like History, Math, and etc in English.

I have no problem with the school enforcing this rule. To be honest this country butchers the English language everywhere you go. Don't blame the principal for getting fed up.

I'm bi-lingual myself.

dont understand this...as long as they know english...why cant they speak spanish?

i hate it when people in positions of power/responsibility try to enforce their preferences intead of policy...
This

I'm sure this school just pulled this policy out of thin air because they hate Hispanic people... not because, you know, there was a problem that this policy would directly apply to and allay. Heaven forbid half the school (the school is 50% Hispanic) commit bullying and/or plan crimes underneath the nose of the staff without the staff being able to catch it in advance to prevent it from culminating in who-knows-what because it was done in a language they couldn't understand.
hold up. hold up right there

you're assuming things

you're assuming spanish is being spoken between students in order to plot violent crimes

to most rational thinking people that puts you in a real racist light

are you racist RubirosaGGatsby? do you have something against spanish-speaking people? do you harbor feelings of fear toward spanish-speaking people?

please inform us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom