HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

Yes I relocated to Houston from Northern Virginia/DC area. I see more than a few NT'ers are in the area. The title says it all. Also I have some inside info I'd like to share. Who else on NT is in the area?

Just moved here from San Francisco last week. welcome sir
smokin.gif

You there a year early tho.
nerd.gif

But uhhh I jut visited there over my spring break. I didn't see too much stuff (was with family,) but I'd recommend:

- Going to the art/museum district. I'm a big fan of art and it was incredible. There are a bunch of different museums all within walking distance, and I think gen. admission is free on Wednesday or Thursday, so you should check them out.

- House of Pie. That place...
pimp.gif

- Galleria (of course.)

- Katy is cool too... I didn't like it too much but it was alright to visit, and it's easy to get there.

Stay away from the SW!!!

**EDIT**

Real answers(I'm on lunch now).

OP, you're a Kappa, right? You'd like Scott Gertner's Skybar.
Downtown is pretty on point, also. Just know most clubs have STRICT dress codes. Don't even try sneakers.

There are some slick litter bars on Montross, just know that thats the "rainbow" part of town, so you might see some wild stuff.

Also, any "SPA" thats open past 12, aint givin messages.
wink.gif

What both Tr1ll & 'Yeah' said
laugh.gif
Try to hit up Pearland and certain parts of Downtown too.

So far I been to The Woodlands area, Galleria, South in the Kemah area, Downtown, and Willowbrook area. I live NorthWest. Where is their good spots to hoop and all of that? Yes and the Kappas will be here for the Konklave Summer 2013!!!

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Stay away from the SW!!!

**EDIT**

Real answers(I'm on lunch now).

OP, you're a Kappa, right? You'd like Scott Gertner's Skybar.
Downtown is pretty on point, also. Just know most clubs have STRICT dress codes. Don't even try sneakers.

There are some slick litter bars on Montross, just know that thats the "rainbow" part of town, so you might see some wild stuff.

wink.gif

lulz at the "dress code" growing up coming out here, your guys swag is awesome...no sneakers...however kenneth cole square tipped shoes are fine
laugh.gif

im now all the way out in south houston/pasadena, so downtown is a mission and a half
frown.gif

Montross is the fruit stand district, however living in San Fran for the last 8 years........

I remember having a mini summit way way back in the day, Joe(megadeath?), Kevin (kb) and a few others...
pimp.gif
you guys still on here?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

So far I been to The Woodlands area, Galleria, South in the Kemah area, Downtown, and Willowbrook area. I live NorthWest. Where is their good spots to hoop and all of that? Yes and the Kappas will be here for the Konklave Summer 2013!!!

There's really not a lot of places for free to hoop(plenty of places to play soccer, though.)Fonde Recreation Center. Everywhere else I've been to, cats be on some more stuff(e.g.: "That don't count, I fouled you!")But bring you A+ game.

I know they be hooping at the 24 hour fitness somewhere on the north side at around 6..idk which one though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

wink.gif
If they aren't giving messages, what are they giving 
happy.gif
happy.gif
??
Ditto to 'damn its me' about Montrose. I'm usually in that area cause certain stores have some bomb ^@% food over there.

I used to avoid Montross like it was the pleague, but I went out with some friends once and it was actually pretty cool.

Theres this one place around Montross, its like a house that someone turned into a resturant. They have the most excellent breakfast ever, I was just too sloshed to remember the name or where exactly we were.

My dudes, I appreciate the info greatly. Also I'm down to meet up if we can get organized. I act a little silly here on NT, but I'm really a laid back down to earth type dude that gets along with dang near everybody. Oh, I went to Maxwell's that club near Reliant. I was borderline ratchet, but not all that bad. Saw a few dudes with the huge belt buckles and cowboy boots.

If you like beer, food, and can tolerate some hipsters wonder on over to The Hay Merchant on Montrose.

Ill add more here when I have some time.

Well the main thing about Houston is that it's soooooo spread out.  If you're here you have to refer to your area/city because it can take literally an hour to get from one end of the city depending on distance and freeway.

Just a few randoms...

Food: Frenchy's Chicken (the original by UH/TSU), The Breakfast Klub (breakfast soul food), Chacho's (late night spot post club), Mai's Restaurant (asian spot in Midtown)

Malls: You're closest to Willowbrook but also hit Memorial City and First Colony.  Avoid Sharpstown Plazamericas at all if possible.  Greenspoint's bark is bigger than it's bite but get the hell outta there when the sun goes down. 

Butt Nekkid: I don't go to the "Gentlemen's Club" often but The Men's Club is top notch.  I prefer the ebonys at Fetish, Ice Cream Palace and Harlem Knights.  The best are usually the hole in the wall joints though. 

There's always things to do in certain spots, just depends on your preference.  I take the dip shopping in Montrose and Rice Village when she's earned it, and I chill w/ my patnas in 3rd Ward and 5th Ward and sometimes Sunnyside and South Park but I gotta be itching to get away from the burbs when that's the case. 

As far as hoopin, I never hoop outdoors anymore.  My main indoor spots are the Recreation center at U of H and the YMCA in the Galleria Area.  We used to run at the Fitness Connection at Greenspoint too but I haven't been in a few years.

And that mini summit, yeah I remember going to Live & it being a nice lil chill affair.  I tried to mack on Jen from PG but I ain't have confidence in my game then
frown.gif
.  Amazing to see the spectacle the sneaker summit has become...

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Well the main thing about Houston is that it's soooooo spread out.  If you're here you have to refer to your area/city because it can take literally an hour to get from one end of the city depending on distance and freeway.

Just a few randoms...

Food: Frenchy's Chicken (the original by UH/TSU), The Breakfast Klub (breakfast soul food), Chacho's (late night spot post club), Mai's Restaurant (asian spot in Midtown)

Malls: You're closest to Willowbrook but also hit Memorial City and First Colony.  Avoid Sharpstown Plazamericas at all if possible.  Greenspoint's bark is bigger than it's bite but get the hell outta there when the sun goes down. 

Butt Nekkid: I don't go to the "Gentlemen's Club" often but The Men's Club is top notch.  I prefer the ebonys at Fetish, Ice Cream Palace and Harlem Knights.  The best are usually the hole in the wall joints though. 

There's always things to do in certain spots, just depends on your preference.  I take the dip shopping in Montrose and Rice Village when she's earned it, and I chill w/ my patnas in 3rd Ward and 5th Ward and sometimes Sunnyside and South Park but I gotta be itching to get away from the burbs when that's the case. 

As far as hoopin, I never hoop outdoors anymore.  My main indoor spots are the Recreation center at U of H and the YMCA in the Galleria Area.  We used to run at the Fitness Connection at Greenspoint too but I haven't been in a few years.

And that mini summit, yeah I remember going to Live & it being a nice lil chill affair.  I tried to mack on Jen from PG but I ain't have confidence in my game then
frown.gif
.  Amazing to see the spectacle the sneaker summit has become...
same one im talking about?
nerd.gif

My cousin has a home in Pearland and, as whole, Texas has an ill major-city lineup. Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio, you CANNOT lose in any of those areas. Houston and ATL are mirror images of each other in my opinion! H-Town women? Goodness gracious! Lone Star State love from a Florida Boy! Respect!

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I know they be hooping at the 24 hour fitness somewhere on the north side at around 6..idk which one though
ohwell.gif
It's the one on Jones and 1960.
I stay on the NW too, OP. I'm gonna have to come back into this thread later on today to contribute, though.

Welcome to Houston, btw.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by d e beatup

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real, though it has gotten a bit easier over the years. It's funny that you could live here forever and still not even see half of these areas. Before I started chilling with my friend at his
parent's house a couple years ago, he was always like "Yea, come on by, it's on Little York and [whatever]". I'm like "where the &@^# is that at
laugh.gif
???"

In the SW area so, Westheimer, Rice Village, Washington Ave, Downtown, like someone said Scott Gerners, House of Blues for shows.. Meh its so widespread.. But welcome doh

I've been here for two years and I'm just now starting to see the city... I'm in NW too. Real close to Cypress... I have no clue what's out here

nice to see some fellow H-Town NTers 
pimp.gif

im in the SW (Alief) to be exact.  I'm always down for a meet.  Lots of things to do in the city and the women are 
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom