HOUSTON TEXAS, CHECK IN...SPOTS, THINGS TO DO, PLACES TO GO, ETC.ETC.

Midtown, montrose, Upper Kirby, The Heights, and the Galleria area are all locations I'd look at. As soon as I'm done with school in Austin i plan on looking for something in one of those areas myself.
Aight cool, thanks. gonna look up those places

anybody here went to or go to UofH. what you think of it?
I graduated from UofH in 2007. I enjoyed my years there even though I never lived on campus. I really have no complaints about the school, I'm sure the parking has gotten better the last couple years

I graduated from UofH in 2007. I enjoyed my years there even though I never lived on campus. I really have no complaints about the school, I'm sure the parking has gotten better the last couple years

No.....it hasn't. They're doing so much construction around there it's gonna be even worse when school starts.

moving in on friday... throw me some tips nt fam :nerd:

staying on campus? unless you're square, you'll end up getting real cool with the people who live in your dorm. but don't just stick with one group of people.

my advice would be to go out, try new things, and even think about going greek, all which will be MUCH easier since you live on campus and not too far from poppin' spots in central Houston. go out to where the greeks and other orgs will be tabling and try to find your niche. since UH is a commuter school, most people just go to school and go back home. that ain't no way to be living. :lol: if you go greek or join another kind of organization, you won't regret it. i guarantee your social, professional, and most importantly, your academic life would increase significantly by joining an organization at a school like UH.

say wassup to the fam over at Alpha Psi in Gold and White, if you get a chance. 8)

Last edited:
Man I helped my cousin move into her apt this past weekend at UH. Seeing all those wide-eyed faces took me back :lol:

moving in on friday... throw me some tips nt fam :nerd:

staying on campus? unless you're square, you'll end up getting real cool with the people who live in your dorm. but don't just stick with one group of people.
my advice would be to go out, try new things, and even think about going greek, all which will be MUCH easier since you live on campus and not too far from poppin' spots in central Houston. go out to where the greeks and other orgs will be tabling and try to find your niche. since UH is a commuter school, most people just go to school and go back home. that ain't no way to be living. :lol: if you go greek or join another kind of organization, you won't regret it. i guarantee your social, professional, and most importantly, your academic life would increase significantly by joining an organization at a school like UH.
say wassup to the fam over at Alpha Psi in Gold and White, if you get a chance. 8)

It is?? I thought a big school like that in a big city wouldn't be a commuter school. I wouldn't expect it to be like A&M or UT, but still

Last edited:
i consider it a commuter school, and I think other people would agree. i go to UT, and they're quite different. i think it's the location and because houston is so big, really.

i consider it a commuter school, and I think other people would agree. i go to UT, and they're quite different. i think it's the location and because houston is so big, really.

I dont feel UofH is a commuter school I'm at UH-D and thats most def a commuter school. We have no collegiate teams and no on campus housing. St Thomas has on campus housing and has a few collegiate teams but no school spirt. That school is most def commuter. They go to class and leave.

I will say most of UofH students are from Houston but they are more willing to show back up for school functions.

I'm getting out the army this year and will be 23. Ive been accepted into Texas tech and UH but I'm leaning more towards UH since Lubbock is out there. I'm originally from San Antonio but lived in Houston for a lil while

Another Houston nt'er checking in. Bout to start my second year at tsu. Living off campus this year so I'll get to experience more of the city. Ashamed to admit that I lived down the street from frenchys and I didn't go once. 
mean.gif
 Any other tsu students on here?

I dont feel UofH is a commuter school I'm at UH-D and thats most def a commuter school. We have no collegiate teams and no on campus housing. St Thomas has on campus housing and has a few collegiate teams but no school spirt. That school is most def commuter. They go to class and leave.

I will say most of UofH students are from Houston but they are more willing to show back up for school functions.

well we have slightly different views about what a commuter school is. i'm not saying there's no school pride/teams or student participation, but campus/university life is very different from bigger schools.

I'm getting out the army this year and will be 23. Ive been accepted into Texas tech and UH but I'm leaning more towards UH since Lubbock is out there. I'm originally from San Antonio but lived in Houston for a lil while

please, do not go to lubbock. :x

you will enjoy your time more in Houston. i'd think a UH degree is better than, if not equal to, a TTU degree, in my opinion, anyway. not bashing TTU, just my opinion.

well we have slightly different views about what a commuter school is. i'm not saying there's no school pride/teams or student participation, but campus/university life is very different from bigger schools.
you will enjoy your time more in Houston. i'd think a UH degree is better than, if not equal to, a TTU degree, in my opinion, anyway. not bashing TTU, just my opinion.

Texas Tech would have more recognition Nationally. UH would be better if you were staying in the Houston area.

Texas Tech would have more recognition Nationally. UH would be better if you were staying in the Houston area.

yeah, this is what i was trying to not discredit them of but couldn't put it into words. my bad.

If I were you I would start at HCC, if you come to Houston your money will go alot farther starting at HCC. Its about 170 a class at HCC. Not sure what it is at UH, but at UHD its 600 a class and I know thats cheaper than UH MAin. Plus, I find UH Main to be a mad house. Parking is terrible and I commonly here peps say they have to get to clas a hour before class because of parking. This was before the all the construction.

Last edited:
So what are the crackin spots in HOU? Im still very much college age, where does UH party lol?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom