How Are You A Fan of A Team that...

I'm from Oakland.....i'm a die hard A's fan

Growing up in the Bay Area, the 49ers were the only team we had, they had great teams and won rings, I stayed loyal to my niners and didnt jump ship when theRaiders moved back to Oakland.

I'm a Kings fan, been down since 98. What really did it was Chris Webber. I have been a Webber fan since he got drafted, and I fell in love with the Kings.

I'm a San Jose Sharks Fan because theyre the only Hockey team in the Bay(yes, I do like hockey) and I think the rest of the Bay should support them becausetheyre the only team actually doing something!

People always try to get on me about mainly bieng a a Niner/A's fan even though they were in the same boat as me about 10-15 years ago......just gottasupport your team, thats what makes you a real fan!

What really irks me is someone who is a fan of the city's rival in sports.

A Green Bay Packer fan in Chicago???

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

and just why do u have to like a team in the city or state you live in?
Im not from Orlando, I stay here now. do I have to like the magic?
Im not from Virginia, but If I move there do I have to like UVA or Virginia tech?

it should bug you that the only reason u like and support a team is because u live in the same city/state as them. not because u like the organization, or u like certain players or u like their style of play, but because they rent an arena where you live.

Im from NY, who am I supposed to like, Jets? Giants? Knicks? Yankees? Mets?

with ESPN, NBATV, NFL Ticket, and ESPN Gameplan is it so far fetched to believe that a fan can like teams outside of their city or state boundaries. I just dont follow this type of thinking.
I hear you Jay, but what do you do if your out of state teams wins a chip? I grew up in the MJ Bulls era and I know what its like to celebrate achampionship with a city. Going to the parade, being out on the street the second the game is over to celebrate with everyone on your block.

I'm not saying you have to root for the hometown, but its nice

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Whatever, just don't be switching once they start sucking
nerd.gif

that's what gets me the most.

no pro teams here, but tons of Bengals, Titans, Reds, St. Louis Cardinals (AAA team used to be here), Pacers, Colts fans.

but for you guys who aren't fans of your hometown teams...were you ever a "fan" of those teams? like Gunna for example, from NY, but a Ramsfan...did you ever like the Jets? i would think that if we had an NFL team, i would have grew up watching them, hence becoming a "fan."

im a Cowboys and Bulls fan and im from Michigan. Ive always stuck with my team during the good and bad.

I guess if that makes me a bandwagon fan so be it.

I'm a Laker fan because I was raised in a Laker family.

Not to mention that Laker home games are televised in SD. Word to the OG Prime Ticket.

I always wonder this...as y'all should know I'm from Ohio, but I have friends from OH that are Pistons fans, Tigersfans, Lions fans, but still like Ohio State...makes no damn sense to me...I cheer for the Cavs, Bengals, and Indians along with all my Ohio college teams alongwith OSU.

<--- Born in Houston, grew up as a Rockets fan.

Moved out to the Bay when I was a young'n and grew up here. As a result, rooted for the Warriors as well. Like 90% Rockets, 10% Warriors.

..that is until they traded away J-Rich.

Now it's 100% Rockets, 0% Warriors.

i really dont see whats the big deal about rooting for pro home teams.
i could understand college and down cause most of them are from your hometown....but you damn near never see pro's anywhere or involved in anything in yourcity. so it really doesnt matter.

a lot of people like the 49ers because they are gay and their dad is bi. how do people choose to be a giants or jets fan in NY?

but for you guys who aren't fans of your hometown teams...were you ever a "fan" of those teams?
I kind of remember being a Cavs fan many moons ago, but as I got older, it became more about favorite individual players to me. Now I'm aHornets fan 100%.

I always rooted for both Ohio State football and West Virginia football growing up, but I guess it was mostly because I felt like I had to like OSU. Now Idon't care for them.

I've been a Cowboys fan since I came out of the vagina; never even remotely been a Browns fan.

Gonzaga was the first (and really only) college basketball program I ever followed.

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

a lot of people like the 49ers because they are gay and their dad is bi. how do people choose to be a giants or jets fan in NY?
i think people who like the gayders are gay and so is the gayder team because even though we have the same record 2-7...the gayders are still gaycos the niners put it up their*!!$+% when they play each other and the gayders can go lick the 5 championships the 49ers have who are the ONLY AND REAL NFLTEAM IN THE BAY AREA!!!

anyways i'm a Laker fan cos of eddie jones big shaq then of course the mamba and i hate the warriors aLways wiLL...49ers fan FOREVER because of steve youngand jerry who cares what the gayder fans say because this niner country...aLso im big on the a's(bash bros) and dodgers(mike piazza) and i Live in the bayarea...yee

caliwestcoast you probably from a part of the bay that ain't even a factor. i notice people that rep the bay the hardest is from obscure places

I was just trying to figure out yesterday how did all these cowboy fans get in D.C.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I think blondsoccrplyr (from Indiana) was a fan of The Green Bay Packers, Men's Duke Basketball, Women's UConn. Basketball, and Texas Football. Son posting at the very end of the game with a picture of himself throwing up the horns with a Texas shirt on.
smh.gif
I forgot what his NBA affiliation was but it was probably like...the Spurs.
eyes.gif
That right there is that grade A bull +%*+.
laugh.gif
He was also a Yankees fan.

As for me, I'm a fan of the Celtic Football club, despite not living in Glasgow, for ethnic-religious reasons.

I live in Seattle but because all my relatives live in Chicago and I lived there for a short period times, I root for Chicago teams. Mainly Bulls and Cubs.Okay, also Fire and Blackhawks 'cuz Seattle ain't got no MLS team (we are getting one, though!). No Bears because I can't root for the team whoplays same league with my team (Seahawks) and White Sox just because they are White Sox (their jerseys are ill, though)

Steeler Nation>>>>

Only team i know that i can go across the counrty and find a STEELER BAR!!
When i first moved to ATL i thought i was screwed cuz i would miss the games...Then little did i know theres about THREE bars dedicated to the steelers onsundays...i was in heaven
laugh.gif

roll.gif
@ all these bandwagoners writing manifestos trying to justify why they are.

Scary that some people can't even be real with themselves.
smh.gif

Well, I was born in NY, and raised to be a Yankee fans

Moved to NC....and if you're from NC you know its either Duke or UNC.....

NC is ACC country...and I grew up watching the 'Noles (Shout out to Bar None)

So all my teams are a reflection of the area that I grew up.....

I don't really care too much about NBA/NFL teams....Hence the reason I am not a Giants,Jets, Hornets,Bobcats or panther fan....I follow players...

I prefer College sports....

They are either bandwagon fans, or were brought up to like that certain team cause their parents liked the team (ie. Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc).
never considered myself a bandwagoneer, but the cowboys was all i seen growing up. I just liked errything about them, and happened to stick withthem from the 3 rings, to the quincy carter days, to the steve smith playoff manslaughter, to now. And my dad hated the steelers so grew up hating thesteelers and still do. I guess being a true fan pays off.

COWBOYS FOREVER BABY

My mom put me onto the Knicks and Gtown for hoops

With fball..

When growing up with only 3 TV channels

ND and the Jets were always on for me, so there's that

I'll admit to being an Indians fans when I was like 9 (95) cuz they had a nice team...but I've stuck with them, so if thats bandwagoning, so be it

laugh.gif
I'm laughin at all the people that think you're a bandwagonfan if you don't come from that city. Take a look at my teams. I live in Oregon, Dolphins and Cubs just scream bandwagon don't they?

Bottom line is people pick who they want to root for because they can make up their own damn minds. Why would I root for a bunch of losers in Oregon, becausewe share a zip? Please. I was born in Long Beach, grew up listening to Chick. WGN was my friend growin up, drunk!%%! Harry on the mic. Dan the Man Marinohad me in awe whenever the Phins had the ball. And the U was all swag. They played the game and didn't give a $%** what anyone thought. THAT is how anopen minded young boy picks his squads as he grows up.

For all those bandwagon guys, if you live in New York today and you a Jet, Met, and Knick, what you gonna do when your job moves you Dallas? You gonna switchreal quick to the Cowboys, Rangers, and Mavs? Why not, you live in that city now right? Shouldn't you root for the city you live in? Yeah, thought so.

So If I live in Austin, TX who am I "supposed" to be a fan of? San Antonio, Houston, Dallas? What if there is NOTHING about those teams I like, butthere is something in an LA, NY, Boston team that I do. What If I attend UT -Austin, but Vince Young goes to a Tennessee or Kevin Durant goes to a Seattle. AmI not allowed to be a fan of those teams because I don't live there? Yeah, that makes sense
eyes.gif

Yes I'm mad
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom