How Are You A Fan of A Team that...

Only non-Michigan team I root for are my Chicago Bulls. My cuzin got me into this cat named 23 when I was 6 years old and I have been obsessed with him and the Bulls ever since. Never got off any of my teams bandwagons and never will.
what's this 23 guy's name?

j/k

Tupac Jordan wrote:
caliwestcoast you probably from a part of the bay that ain't even a factor. i notice people that rep the bay the hardest is from obscure places
Yeah, I live around the peninsula and its bugs me how everyone is a 49er, SF Giants, and Warriors fans (even though they might be gone now)
sick.gif
. I have always been the exact opposite.
grin.gif

I love going to Lakers vs. Warrior games suited and booted.
pimp.gif

i don't agree that it's lame to just follow your hometown teams..i was born to like a lot of bay area teams. started following the warriors and 9erssince i was little pretty much by watching their games on TV, and Cal Bears football especially once my brother went there for college...although i AM a fan ofrandom teams because of players they have like the Buffalo Bills

mine are really simple

I like unc basketball and chicago bulls basketball because of MJ. first game I ever watched on tv was a bulls game. it just kinda stuck.

I like Miami football because I used to like the pelican that was their mascot.

I live in LA, so I'm a Saints fan and hornets fan

simple.

O MY GOD, Is that homemade?
sick.gif

is that the team tat you was talkin about when you made that thread a few weeks back ?
tired.gif

but for you guys who aren't fans of your hometown teams...were you ever a "fan" of those teams?
Never. As a matter of fact I have always loathed the Lakers, Dodgers, & Raiders when they were here.

Yup...it is the team I was talkin about, I do know these things are permanent (typical iggle fan
tongue.gif
) and no it"s not homemade
laugh.gif
... its a horrible picA)taken on a SK3 and B)taken with the same arm its on thereby throwin off all kinds of angles... But yeah just didnt want my "fanhood questioned"lol...now u can question my sanity...

I was raised to be a Celtic fan, mainly because my dad and uncle were rooting for them before I was even born. I live in Canada, and tried to root for theRaptors as my 2nd favorite team since they're Canada's team now, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't. Probably because I don't want toget lumped in with their fanbase. They're an enthusiastic bunch, but are probably the least knowledgable since most of them are below 20 years old andonly started watching ball during the VC era. Hence the silly predictions such as "Jose Calderon has a chance to be the next John Stockton","TJ Ford plays like Kevin Johnson", and my new favorite, "Moon looks like he might be the next Shawn Marion.".

Originally Posted by Tupac Jordan

caliwestcoast you probably from a part of the bay that ain't even a factor. i notice people that rep the bay the hardest is from obscure places

actuaLLLY...im originaLLy from LA then moved up here in the bay...yeah too bad i really dont rep the bay that hard...i hate e-40...i hate keak the geek andi aint even down with this hyphy movement and too bad san jose isnt a obscure place son...so san jose isnt a factor in the bay?..make sure you know ur factsbefore you state them aiight kinda how you say niner fans are gay...we aint gay son and why do hate on the niners?! we aint even in the same division as theraiders and we pLay you guys once every 3 or 4 years come on now...its gayder fans Like you are just jeaLous cos niners have the LEGACY the raiders just donthave and onLy reason u hate the niners its cos we own you guys and btw u guys take our guys ex: jerry rice..ronnie Lott roger craig..so u say the niners aregay which means that the raiders are too
laugh.gif
...w/e man im not gonna go onwith this its useLess taLking to you because you're def one of those one ear out the other type of people

I'm a Rams fan but I'm from Anaheim. I remember when they were in LA, I would always go to games at the ol school Anaheim stadium. When they left, Icontinued to follow them.

Steeler Nation>>>>

Only team i know that i can go across the counrty and find a STEELER BAR!!
When i first moved to ATL i thought i was screwed cuz i would miss the games...Then little did i know theres about THREE bars dedicated to the steelers on sundays...i was in heaven
The Nation is everywhere.

And that tat.......wow. I don't think I could ever care about a company enough to do that (especially when they don't care about me). Butcool........
embarassed.gif
?

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

They are either bandwagon fans, or were brought up to like that certain team cause their parents liked the team (ie. Cowboys, Yankees, Lakers, etc).

OR they happened to like a particular player and eventually stayed loyal to the team through thick and thin.
pimp.gif

GOSUPES!!!
laugh.gif

Easy...I live in Philly right now, but I was born in Dallas...why should I switch teams because my family chose to move and take me with them? The Cowboys are my team, and anyone who questions that on any basis can look at my right arm for verification. Besides that is the fact that ill do whatever the %@@$ I want, lol
Yeah I live in Philly and like the Cowboys too so I know what your talking about. Then I have to go through the story or take a few of my betterfriends down to a game and they know its not a game and I'll never switch teams. I love Philly (best city in the US in my non humble opinion) though as acity like none other

i'm from the illinois side of saint louis, which may make sense to some of you.

i like the cardinals and the blues of course. i hate the rams and love the bears. when i was getting into sports it was the drought where we lost the footballcardinals to arizona, and my dad always had bears gear on. now, as for basketball, i'm an atlanta hawks fan, for that's where i've lived the lastfew years. growing up loving basketball, and not having a team in my city, made me appreciate having one in atlanta, even though they USED to be terrible,they're coming back this season though.

Back
Top Bottom