how did u guess initially feel when you first ever seen a pair of foamposites?

#+*%, i wish i had a pair, that was my initial thought. In 97 that price scared a lot of parents

I was a freshman in HS, saw some kid with the blue pennys, thought they were UGLY AS ****. Some of the older guys in my building had them too, felt the sameway then. It wasn't until 1998 when i saw the White foam pro / Pippens, when i said " Damn, i gotta get these". Since then, they've been a goin my book.

first reaction
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

reaction now
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

It took me, and I'm sure many others, a while to take them all in. They were like nothing I'd ever seen before.

i felt like a small child that got ahold of some of my redneck daddy's chewin' tobacco. it was strong, rough, and it made me sick at the same time. butsomething told me i had to have it. yum.

Originally Posted by cs02132

first reaction
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

reaction now
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
similar to me. i'm still looking for my first pair for cheap, and see what all the hype is about. but look wise......not the greatest imo.

Originally Posted by cs02132

first reaction
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

reaction now
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Foams are like some big practical joke, right ?
Like as soon as we "come around" and admit the aren't garbage, you'll tease us for being weak minded......

right?

right?

When I first saw them it was in 8th grade and a dude passed me in the hall wearing them. I thought they looked aiight
but were overpriced cuz at the time they cost more than Jordans. I saw them again early last year and instantly fell
in love with them and knew I had to have them. I found out that they had been retroed in late 07 so I scoured ebay
to find a pair in a sz 13 for a decent price but I never did. I will be getting the eggplants on RD for sure tho.

When I first saw them I was just like "what the hell are those" but became to like them more and more. I saw the foam pro's, don't rememberseeing original foam ones.

my 1st time seeing them were in march '97(my senior year of high school) during the ncaa tournament. mike bibby was rockin' em before they dropped injune. at that time,and still to this day i had never seen a shoe so advanced.also,the penny line was real strong back then,and making these a penny sig justsealed the deal for penny's legacy of signature shoes. not to mention that penny straight up went bananas in the 1st round of the nba playoffs against theheat in these babies! ahh,the memories....holla.

ced b.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Where were you dudes years ago when foam pros were the only joints dropping. damn bandwagoners, rant over.
word...NYC been gettin a steady stream of foamposite releases since the 2000 space jam retro...

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Where were you dudes years ago when foam pros were the only joints dropping. damn bandwagoners, rant over.

i hate the pro's thats why i never copped

i loved penny as a kid but when i first saw them i was like....+$!* are those...then i put them on

My cousin had og penny foams, from the moment I held them in my hands all I could do was
eek.gif
, I dont know what it was about them but they were magnificent. Maybe it was thefirst time seeing foamposite or maybe it was the royal blue but ever since 96 they were a grail for me
smokin.gif

They looked so unusual to me that i wanted to try them...... but it was at a time when i didn't have $$$ to spend on shoes i wasn't %100 sure on.

Got them 6 months later for half price.... to this day i'm STILL not sure about them, but i'm glad that i got the chance to have them.

They've held up pretty well too. Can't help but wonder if the Retro Foam One is as durable.

i know i wanted them and i remember my sons mother would not let me buy a pair

not because of the price because she said there an ugly shoe

she also did not allow me to buy a pair of the og black/red 11's

damn @%%%+

years later I got 2 pairs of 1997 og blue foams

I sold one pair a week before word was released about the penny blue's re-retro

but i did get a pair of the white foams in december 1997 at foot locker for $99.99

they were perfect. something out of the this world you cant crease them them they mold to your foot.

i was in love since day with any thing POSITE on it ESP the pennys and pips.

I never really liked foams before, but I'm slowly coming around to them. I'd like to get a pair on my feet to see what I really think about them. Justnot for $200.

Back
Top Bottom