how did u guess initially feel when you first ever seen a pair of foamposites?

Love at first sight. I forget which mall I was at when I first saw them, but I was just amazed when I walked past them.

when i first saw them?

maaaan i hated them, straight up. i didnt like them for years.

my little brother, who was only in elementary at the time, thought i was crazy because he loved them at first glance.

like many, i eventually grew to love them, not because everyone else did, because... **** i dont even remember why. its like i had an epiphany and realizedjust how dumb i was for sleeping on these.

i still need a pair of the pennys but the USD to CAD conversion rate is murder on the wallet these days.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

NYC THE FOAM CAPI OF THE WORLD!

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

exactly

My homie from Bmore was the first person I ever seen them with, back in 97, 98.

I was like $200 for sneakers, damn. There was a reason they were called "dopedealers"

I wuz n 9th grade back n 98 n it wuz like april or may n I saw dis senior with the penny foams n wuz like damn those r tight...den I saw "He GotGame" n saw Ray allen with the withe foams n I wanted dem sooo bad.....I still have the Eastbay with the white foams in it........

I cooped the OG Penny foams on release day, but came to my senses over that weekend when I wore them to see "Sunset Park" and I saw the Bred 11slowtop coming out the next Wens...I realized I only had a couple shirts to match the Penny Foams and Wensday morning I took the Pennys back for the 11 lows anda couple jordan tees.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by Untitled

any info on these foam ones? never seen em before

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/dariecewhite/?action=view&current=yorajah_foam_one.jpg

famz...u can't tell a pair of OG foamposite royals wit mazola oil yellowed soles when u see one?
nah man never seen a pair that OG yellowed meaning the soles, eyelets, swoosh, etc.. they looked like a voltage foamposite one lol
grin.gif

If you thought those looked like voltage foams then you haven't seen voltages either.

Originally Posted by s dubl

To be honest, when I first saw them (or noticed them at least) I didn't like them. It was somone here on NT that posted their fit with the royals after the '07 release and for some reason that pic made me
eek.gif
after that I knew I had to have a pair. After I got em and wore them I fell in love. The way they feel on my feet is like no other shoe.

Call me a newb to the foam game, but I'm in it for the long run. I guess I'm somewhat of a late starter due to not much hype for foams in Cali.
same, i just haven't pulled the trigger on them yet. i've been really close on some dooms, cactus's (or "cacti" if i need touse proper NT grammar). i was disappointed to see the clogposite get dropped, that was pending as my first pair. soon though, the deal will come...

Originally Posted by Chewvenile

There was an ad in Slam magazine where the shoe was just against a white background weeks before the release.

The first time i saw them as well. I remember calling that 1-800# too
and hearing "lil penny". The price had me shy away since i was only
15 at the time, but I thought they were one of the coolest looking
basketball shoes I'd seen.

any info on these foam ones? never seen em before

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/dariecewhite/?action=view&current=yorajah_foam_one.jpg

LOL look closer - it looks like homie painted over the yellowed soles - ta-dah! Custom Royal Blue Voltages - not a bad idea if the yellowing is piss yellow& you want to bring them back in a unique way

My initial reaction? "Whoa..."
eek.gif
pimp.gif
then the price tag (in Canadian dollars, no less) hit like a sledgehammer
eyes.gif
- only way I've been able to cop Foams or Foam Pros is lucky stealson ebay & local clearance pickups....
pimp.gif

i loved the royals. unfortunately couldn't scrape up enough money to grab them but was able to swoop the white/black when they went on clearance december97. remember it like it was yesterday.

first saw them on eastbay catalog back in '97..i was like there's now way im gonna spend $185 on shoes
laugh.gif

then i saw mike bibby wearing them in the ncaa championship game against kentucky. they were
pimp.gif

10 years later here i am owning a pair of the penny foams
smile.gif

my very first pair were the black foam pros back in '02. they were stiff at first, but when u break them in, they are
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

^^yup they played that NCAA championship game @ the United Center in Chicago and Penny personally gave Mike Bibby a pair.

Those were the days, as a kid we used to catch the el to Niketown all the time to get players autographs

honestly, i'm an OG in the shoe game, but i gotta keep it real. i thought they were ok, but didn't like them enought to actually cop. back then, theONLY thing that mattered to me were jordans.
smh.gif

oh, how things ahve changed.
laugh.gif

first saw them on bibby's feet back in late 96 or early 97 (?). no matter what though I bought them as soon as they came out ($275+taxes canadian prices). people thought I was crazy, there was alot of hate on the shoe (neon royal). say they look funny. but forreal they were comfy and I liked them (also had someorlando replica ball shorts). got rid of them though when I was tired of them, cut the sole, claimed a defect and till this day I regret doing that cause I donot remember what nike sent me back for them (it was two pairs of shoes and some apparel). my regret came from not being able to but a pair of the retros whenthe shoe was retroed..........................

I first saw these when Bibby rocked them at Arizona on the way to the National Title. He was straight killing it on the court that year. I was in the 8th gradeand boy ended up getting them for a graduation gift. $180 was way too much for my parents to spend on sneakers for me in the 8th grade. My boy said the giftwas split up between his mom and dad, $90 a pop, and i rememeber thinking, "Damn, i wish my parents were divorced!" for like two seconds. They soldthem at Sportlane on Jamaica ava and I remember seeing one of the employees rocking them. Back then I didn't like people who rocked ball kicks casually. Iknew i could take this cat, and he was like 5 yrs older than me, on the court and I was tight that he had them and i didn't. He didn't play ball.Missed out on all 3 releases of the royal foams. And the foam pros are straight garbage in my opinion. The swoosh on the side ruined the shoe. Hopefully i canget the eggplant joints. Peace ya'll.

my brother opened up a box and inside were the white pro (pearl) I was amazed because I had never seen anything like that before.
then i did some research and seen the other colors and it was game over for me.... Also i read on how good they were to play
basketball in so that made it even better for me. (cant wait for eggplants)

When i first saw them? i was like WTHell. I loved, never seen nothin like it. When i found out my mom was getting them for his b day, the whole fam flipped.Great lookin shoe, one of my all time favs.

First time I saw em was in an eastbay magazine, and I didnt care for what I saw, not over the other styles at any rate. I still dont much care for them, I havea pair of total foamposite maxes but none of the foamposite line makes my top 25 list. They were ahead of thier time tho imo, and since shoe-wise im sortacaught in the past I still wouldnt wear em over most things in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom