How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

Kinda weird, I never had too much of a problem but I was kinda unprepared for my final and my anxiety was through the roof. I ended up getting hammered right before and I MURKED my final
roll.gif
. Best presentation ever
laugh.gif

I don't recommended that tho
laugh.gif

Worst class ever and I will avoid it at any cost

Just the thought of knowing I had to stand in front of class and present my stomach feels like it's on a rollercoaster
laugh.gif

Terrible feeling

Worst class ever and I will avoid it at any cost

Just the thought of knowing I had to stand in front of class and present my stomach feels like it's on a rollercoaster
laugh.gif

Terrible feeling

a couple things

have a few shots before class or

take a adderall...for some reason i talk more when on it

or take some vicodin...

seriously.

a couple things

have a few shots before class or

take a adderall...for some reason i talk more when on it

or take some vicodin...

seriously.

It's really not that big a deal. 

Just realize that 80 percent of that class is prolly nervous about giving speeches too. 

Just get through it. 

I'm not saying it's easy.  I'm not really comfortable in front of lots of people myself but I made it through college speech class.  You can too. 

If you want a tip just find a bunch of people that look like they're paying attention and focus on them.  If you lock eyes with the wrong people (those who look bored and not paying attention) you'll get discouraged. 

Also if you're uncomfortable with locking eyes with people in general just look over their heads.  It'll give your teacher the impression that you're making eye contact when you're really not. 

It's really not that big a deal. 

Just realize that 80 percent of that class is prolly nervous about giving speeches too. 

Just get through it. 

I'm not saying it's easy.  I'm not really comfortable in front of lots of people myself but I made it through college speech class.  You can too. 

If you want a tip just find a bunch of people that look like they're paying attention and focus on them.  If you lock eyes with the wrong people (those who look bored and not paying attention) you'll get discouraged. 

Also if you're uncomfortable with locking eyes with people in general just look over their heads.  It'll give your teacher the impression that you're making eye contact when you're really not. 

man up. Im a {()} when it comes to speaking in front of people & i got a A. Just walk in that @*@+% like you own the room & everyone in it & give your speech. 9 times out of 10 no one is even paying attention to you besides the professor because they are worried about their own speech. 

man up. Im a {()} when it comes to speaking in front of people & i got a A. Just walk in that @*@+% like you own the room & everyone in it & give your speech. 9 times out of 10 no one is even paying attention to you besides the professor because they are worried about their own speech. 

Thanks for the tips
I just completed my 1st speech, my swagg was on a hunnid!!!!!!
I got a B on it because was kinda short
but, overall it was pretty easy im ready to do more speeches to get better it just boosted my confidence alot

Thanks for the tips
I just completed my 1st speech, my swagg was on a hunnid!!!!!!
I got a B on it because was kinda short
but, overall it was pretty easy im ready to do more speeches to get better it just boosted my confidence alot

Originally Posted by yankeesking92

Try going first. Once you're done, not only will you have accomplished what you needed to do but you can also kick back and relax and watch everyone else.

Good ##% advice. No one is really paying you any attention because they're worried about going next...

Originally Posted by yankeesking92

Try going first. Once you're done, not only will you have accomplished what you needed to do but you can also kick back and relax and watch everyone else.

Good ##% advice. No one is really paying you any attention because they're worried about going next...

Yo I am talking a speech class this semester and yesterday was my first class. We have to present a speech everyday and then a group presentation 3 people final for 20 minutes. I am all for speaking out but I can't stand in front of a classroom and talk about certain things. I get nervous. He drops the bomb on us first class and everyone has to stand in front of the class for 2 minutes and talk about their culture. Some people were shook and I realized I wasn't even the worst at it so I figured I'd be good. I plan on drinking 2 shots of jack before every class btw

Yo I am talking a speech class this semester and yesterday was my first class. We have to present a speech everyday and then a group presentation 3 people final for 20 minutes. I am all for speaking out but I can't stand in front of a classroom and talk about certain things. I get nervous. He drops the bomb on us first class and everyone has to stand in front of the class for 2 minutes and talk about their culture. Some people were shook and I realized I wasn't even the worst at it so I figured I'd be good. I plan on drinking 2 shots of jack before every class btw

I didn't have any problems with public speaking prior to the class so it was easy.

PowerPoint is your friend. %!!*$ great for filling up time. Don't overdo it tho, there's a fine line...

I didn't have any problems with public speaking prior to the class so it was easy.

PowerPoint is your friend. %!!*$ great for filling up time. Don't overdo it tho, there's a fine line...

Back
Top Bottom