How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

Don't care what they think and dont get nervous/embarrased if you mess up just keep it rollin

Don't care what they think and dont get nervous/embarrased if you mess up just keep it rollin

Honestly your best bet in situations like this is just "not give a +#@$" seriously...... your not gonna be shot if you make mistakes and most people in the room our worried about their own presentation and know how difficult it is. Also it helps if you take pride in the work you do, if you know you have a good speech or even thouroughly know your information it should be a breeze

Honestly your best bet in situations like this is just "not give a +#@$" seriously...... your not gonna be shot if you make mistakes and most people in the room our worried about their own presentation and know how difficult it is. Also it helps if you take pride in the work you do, if you know you have a good speech or even thouroughly know your information it should be a breeze

Playing basketball all my life in front of crowds made me not care. Plus I love when the attention is all on me and I have to perform at my peak level. For me it just came naturally.

Playing basketball all my life in front of crowds made me not care. Plus I love when the attention is all on me and I have to perform at my peak level. For me it just came naturally.

^ same here but the best thing about your speech is its "your speech." You know it better than anyone so when you write it become comfortable with your material.

^ same here but the best thing about your speech is its "your speech." You know it better than anyone so when you write it become comfortable with your material.

Here's the best advice I can give coming from a person who used to sweat and was terrified of public speaking, now I live for presenting..

Just dive in head first... If you know what you are talking about why worry?? Why be nervous if you know what you are doing?? The crowd will not boo or heckle you. If you are confident it will show.

I go into every speech thinking I know what the %++* I am talking about, and no one in this room would be able to give this presentation better than I can...

Once you realize that or convince yourself of that, you will not be nervous anymore, and it will greatly improve your presenting skills.

Also if you can't remember what you are going to say next do not say ummmmmmm... Or ever use the word like..

Maintain eye contact with every part of the room..

Remember all that, and you will be able to present on the fly (which is what I do)...

Here's the best advice I can give coming from a person who used to sweat and was terrified of public speaking, now I live for presenting..

Just dive in head first... If you know what you are talking about why worry?? Why be nervous if you know what you are doing?? The crowd will not boo or heckle you. If you are confident it will show.

I go into every speech thinking I know what the %++* I am talking about, and no one in this room would be able to give this presentation better than I can...

Once you realize that or convince yourself of that, you will not be nervous anymore, and it will greatly improve your presenting skills.

Also if you can't remember what you are going to say next do not say ummmmmmm... Or ever use the word like..

Maintain eye contact with every part of the room..

Remember all that, and you will be able to present on the fly (which is what I do)...

Speech isn't a requirement in my program, thank goodness because I don't know how to write anything but papers. My speeches would be the most boring in history ---> instant fail.

Speech isn't a requirement in my program, thank goodness because I don't know how to write anything but papers. My speeches would be the most boring in history ---> instant fail.

i'm actually taking a speech class this quarter. i gave a speech last week, didn't even rehearse it. ended up being a pretty good speech.

i just try to have that 'i don't give a *%#$ what ya'll think' mentality. works for me when i'm in front of the class.

i'm actually taking a speech class this quarter. i gave a speech last week, didn't even rehearse it. ended up being a pretty good speech.

i just try to have that 'i don't give a *%#$ what ya'll think' mentality. works for me when i'm in front of the class.

Knowing your material helps a lot... I had the typical nervousness whenever I was about to go up, but once I go up there I felt fine because I went over the material enough times.

Knowing your material helps a lot... I had the typical nervousness whenever I was about to go up, but once I go up there I felt fine because I went over the material enough times.

I loved all my comm classes.

When presenting, I always talked about my adventures when being under the influence, or my addiction to sex and sneakers.

I'm a virgin, though.

I loved all my comm classes.

When presenting, I always talked about my adventures when being under the influence, or my addiction to sex and sneakers.

I'm a virgin, though.

i always go last when giving a speech, love it when everybody knows its your turn and you get up there and spit hot fire.

i always go last when giving a speech, love it when everybody knows its your turn and you get up there and spit hot fire.

I !#+$+%! hate public speaking...but i'm not gonna run away from doing it. It probably the one skill I really want to work on this year. I'm fine when talking in small groups of 10 or less but a whole classroom makes me feel like i'm gonna pass out.

I !#+$+%! hate public speaking...but i'm not gonna run away from doing it. It probably the one skill I really want to work on this year. I'm fine when talking in small groups of 10 or less but a whole classroom makes me feel like i'm gonna pass out.

Kinda weird, I never had too much of a problem but I was kinda unprepared for my final and my anxiety was through the roof. I ended up getting hammered right before and I MURKED my final
roll.gif
. Best presentation ever
laugh.gif

I don't recommended that tho
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom