How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

Honestly,

If you're prepared and know the topic your presentation is on, you will do better than you think.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by diew its james

have a good outline. say something sarcastic and hope people laugh. have visual aid. if you know your subject well then it will be easy to present. if you need to constantly look at notes then you'll be in trouble. not saying that you should memorize your info but you should know what you're saying, have confidence. 10 minutes passes by quickly

Originally Posted by diew its james

have a good outline. say something sarcastic and hope people laugh. have visual aid. if you know your subject well then it will be easy to present. if you need to constantly look at notes then you'll be in trouble. not saying that you should memorize your info but you should know what you're saying, have confidence. 10 minutes passes by quickly

honestly...just realize most people don't give a %@+% if you mess up. no one is really going to be judging you, because a majority of people aren't that comfortable doing it themselves. just be yourself.

honestly...just realize most people don't give a %@+% if you mess up. no one is really going to be judging you, because a majority of people aren't that comfortable doing it themselves. just be yourself.

I took the easy route and took my speech class over the summer, it was a total of 4 of us including my professor. Easy A.

I took the easy route and took my speech class over the summer, it was a total of 4 of us including my professor. Easy A.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, your classmates are nervous too.
I would suggest going first, that way you don't have to sit there and worry about how good or bad

the person before you was.  My freshman year in college I was always really nervous in speech class my voice would crack something awful, 

but you have to do it so just face it head on with a positive attitude.

After that I still wasn't the best, but I knew it was a weakness for me, 

so I picked up another speech and linguistics class to fill my schedule and to help me get better

Don't be afraid to make mistakes, your classmates are nervous too.
I would suggest going first, that way you don't have to sit there and worry about how good or bad

the person before you was.  My freshman year in college I was always really nervous in speech class my voice would crack something awful, 

but you have to do it so just face it head on with a positive attitude.

After that I still wasn't the best, but I knew it was a weakness for me, 

so I picked up another speech and linguistics class to fill my schedule and to help me get better

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

This.
All you really need is practice. If you have a job, talk with as many customers as you can to build you confidence.

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

This.
All you really need is practice. If you have a job, talk with as many customers as you can to build you confidence.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Just realize that no one really cares about what you're talking about and no one is paying much attention.
exactly.. i tried to pay attention in class and listen to my classmates' speeches or whatever they say, but in the end, i wasn't concerned for how well he/she did. thats up to my professor.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Just realize that no one really cares about what you're talking about and no one is paying much attention.
exactly.. i tried to pay attention in class and listen to my classmates' speeches or whatever they say, but in the end, i wasn't concerned for how well he/she did. thats up to my professor.

i had to give a few speeches aside from that class. That 5 or 15 minutes seems like an hour being up there.

I took that Speech class ONLINE. i couldnt believe they even did stuff like that. All we had to do was record us giving THREE 5 minute speeches and you did some outlines and that was it
laugh.gif

i had to give a few speeches aside from that class. That 5 or 15 minutes seems like an hour being up there.

I took that Speech class ONLINE. i couldnt believe they even did stuff like that. All we had to do was record us giving THREE 5 minute speeches and you did some outlines and that was it
laugh.gif

I'm waiting til summer to take mine. As long as I get a 2.5 I'll be straight.
The last time I ever spoke in front of a class was like 4 years ago in my Jr. year of HS. It was supposed to be a 5 minute speech but I ended up going to 13
laugh.gif

I think I'll be alright.

I'm waiting til summer to take mine. As long as I get a 2.5 I'll be straight.
The last time I ever spoke in front of a class was like 4 years ago in my Jr. year of HS. It was supposed to be a 5 minute speech but I ended up going to 13
laugh.gif

I think I'll be alright.

Don't over prepare because when you do. You end up sounding like a robot. Keep your audience engaged by making eye contact and dont use the word ummm after every sentence.

Don't over prepare because when you do. You end up sounding like a robot. Keep your audience engaged by making eye contact and dont use the word ummm after every sentence.

Back
Top Bottom