How did you handle your college speech class? vol..stage fright

know the material you're going to be speaking on well and its easy...If you don't know what you're really talking about it makes you even more nervous

know the material you're going to be speaking on well and its easy...If you don't know what you're really talking about it makes you even more nervous

When you presenting where do you look? I try not to stare at people or the wall

for our very last speech, we were half way through and the teacher just straught up told us to go home because that class room was too cold and the heater was broken

she gave everyone A's
laugh.gif

and of coruse you had that 1-2 students (older) who were really passionate and unhappy with her choice

When you presenting where do you look? I try not to stare at people or the wall

for our very last speech, we were half way through and the teacher just straught up told us to go home because that class room was too cold and the heater was broken

she gave everyone A's
laugh.gif

and of coruse you had that 1-2 students (older) who were really passionate and unhappy with her choice

yo i hated that class i took it in houston too

smh idk if its still the same i took mine like a year or 1.5 ago and we have to say an obituary too which was the worst...im not too big on spreading my feelings so i didnt do it but i acted like i was getting choked up and just went back to sit down
laugh.gif

i remember teacher said to look at everyone like go from one side to a other slowly

yo i hated that class i took it in houston too

smh idk if its still the same i took mine like a year or 1.5 ago and we have to say an obituary too which was the worst...im not too big on spreading my feelings so i didnt do it but i acted like i was getting choked up and just went back to sit down
laugh.gif

i remember teacher said to look at everyone like go from one side to a other slowly

man for our final we had to give a 5 minute speech with no note cards or anything. when i went up to give my presentation on high def televisions i got so shook my knee started twitching. so as im giving my speech while my knee is doing the harlem shake i start to notice these two girls in the back of the class whispering to each other and pointing at my knee. once i saw that i went into a straight panic and go blank. at this point i was only about 3 minutes into my speech so to save face i try to turn it into a q and a session for the last 2 mins. i ended up getting a D in the class and refuse to retake it.

man for our final we had to give a 5 minute speech with no note cards or anything. when i went up to give my presentation on high def televisions i got so shook my knee started twitching. so as im giving my speech while my knee is doing the harlem shake i start to notice these two girls in the back of the class whispering to each other and pointing at my knee. once i saw that i went into a straight panic and go blank. at this point i was only about 3 minutes into my speech so to save face i try to turn it into a q and a session for the last 2 mins. i ended up getting a D in the class and refuse to retake it.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dont let it get to you. I looked at it like it aint nothin anyone else hasnt done. basically if youre adequately prepared and you know all of your information once you get up there itll just flow and the situation Will take care of yourself. make eye contact occasionally, smile, use your hands, and even if you dont know what your talking about just act like you do. Its all about confidence.

dont let it get to you. I looked at it like it aint nothin anyone else hasnt done. basically if youre adequately prepared and you know all of your information once you get up there itll just flow and the situation Will take care of yourself. make eye contact occasionally, smile, use your hands, and even if you dont know what your talking about just act like you do. Its all about confidence.

Just gotta grind it out and realize that the other students are probably feeling the same way as You.. as stated earlier in this thread.

Just gotta grind it out and realize that the other students are probably feeling the same way as You.. as stated earlier in this thread.

...even in grad school people get nervous...
laugh.gif
...that %#@ is too funny...

...some tips...don't say UMM/LIKE/AND...while talking scan the room and look at peoples foreheads or hairline...easier than eye to eye...talk about something you know...practice makes A's...

...even in grad school people get nervous...
laugh.gif
...that %#@ is too funny...

...some tips...don't say UMM/LIKE/AND...while talking scan the room and look at peoples foreheads or hairline...easier than eye to eye...talk about something you know...practice makes A's...

Saw some good advice posted in here....but honestly just really pretend you ARE a king and they are your subjects. Seriously, as stupid as that sounds. If you put your frame of mind into this, then you will deliver your material with the right tone, the right intonation. Not a dictator mind you, but a king...you can be humorous and still very commanding. If you see someone talking or etc know you have the power to stop and that a quick glance in their direction will make them 100x more uncomfortable than you. This is one of the few times in life you get the chance to speak without other people interrupting. There is no rush...it is much better to only get halfway through an interesting story than speed right through just to finish. If it is helpful, look up a few ease the tension lines to start. Ideally a statement that transitions to a point in your speech.

Saw some good advice posted in here....but honestly just really pretend you ARE a king and they are your subjects. Seriously, as stupid as that sounds. If you put your frame of mind into this, then you will deliver your material with the right tone, the right intonation. Not a dictator mind you, but a king...you can be humorous and still very commanding. If you see someone talking or etc know you have the power to stop and that a quick glance in their direction will make them 100x more uncomfortable than you. This is one of the few times in life you get the chance to speak without other people interrupting. There is no rush...it is much better to only get halfway through an interesting story than speed right through just to finish. If it is helpful, look up a few ease the tension lines to start. Ideally a statement that transitions to a point in your speech.

my speech class i took had the hottest broads out of all my claainssses so i made myself like i was campaigning against all the other dudes who seemed quite nervous. it also didnt that we got to choose a wide range of topics so i wasnt stuck with discussing somethingfairly foreign.

my speech class i took had the hottest broads out of all my claainssses so i made myself like i was campaigning against all the other dudes who seemed quite nervous. it also didnt that we got to choose a wide range of topics so i wasnt stuck with discussing somethingfairly foreign.

Originally Posted by Girl Thats Drob

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif