How Do I Become THIS Good At Street Fighter?

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

hey Street Fighter was serious in my day. I'm 28 and I saw plenty of fights and shootings over this game. I guess it's gonna be even more serious when Street Fighter 4 hits online.

I'm not even sure if you was kidding but for real I saw this happen a lot. I remember coming out of HS (Alfred E Smith) going to Blimps in front of Lincoln Hospital and two guys fighting outside because one dude didnt like the tactis the other dude was using. It was so bad one guy thru the other straight thru the widnow and hurt him something serious.

PEOPLE WERE STREET FIGHTING?

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

SSFIITHD drops next week....so a few NT tournaments could easily straighten out all of this chest pumping.....

word sign me in for a ps3 one
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
btw alpha 3>all

Originally Posted by NDZTRUCKT

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

I'm Filipino as well and by the looks of how you describe yourself, we definitely ran into each other already. There was this cat that really brought it to me back when I was playing there all the time and also rocked Jordans like myself. Short, dark, and bald too. Don't know if this was you. But anyhow, I play every character but Ryu is my dude. I would sometimes bring out my Chun Li and Sagat but my heater definitely goes out to Ryu....
Oh wow
laugh.gif
that sounds like it could be me, I used to rock jays hard back then too lol. I think I remember you correct me if I'm wrong, I think you're n inch shorter than me, used to come with your girl and had a you had a fade? If not, there was this one cat who played Ryu (I think balrog or sagat too) was schooling fools haha...is that you? There was also an employee mixed black dude who played Sagat, this brotha that played blanka I used to see all the time.

No that was not me, but I'm pretty sure we're both referring to the same cat. When you mentioned dude was always with his girl then that's definitely him and yes, he'll throw in his balrog once in a while along with this Sagat. We're definitely talkin 'bout the same cat. That dude and I used to get into major series playin'. I clearly remember one Saturday where the entire crowd just watched us duke it out. I came on top 20 games out of the 33 games we played. I clearly remember that night since it was my b-day. I ran into that dude a few more times when I went back there but the scene was slowly fading away until everyone stopped playing it.

If we run into each other, I'm sure you'll remember me especially since you said you played this pretty much every weekend back then. The most memorable D&B Street Fighter moment for me was on a Friday night. I assumed everyone knew that D&B was the spot for Street Fighter and I ran into all the old school Sunnyvale Golfland Heads who were all there. We straight brought it back like how it was back in the days. I'm sure you're familiar with Golfland SF scene back then and that night was like how it was back then. Even the regular from Keystone Arcade was present that night......
Yall two brothers can't see me with my Zangief. Last time I was at D&B I was playing the Ferrari racing game and didn't see anythingStreetFighter. If yall ever get together, I go. Ain't nothing like knocking back a couple of drinks, poppin at females, and whooping dudes inStreetfighter.

Originally Posted by jfreak23

SSFIITHD drops next week....so a few NT tournaments could easily straighten out all of this chest pumping.....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
btw alpha 3>all

Count me in as well. 64 heads, single elimination sounds dope.

Set it up like a NCAA bracket.

If I'm back in the Bay Area, I'm down in playing classic SF II.

Haven't been in that Milpitas for over year, last arcade game I played there was Time Crisis III. When I was in elementary, I used to hold my own in SF II,now I'm kinda wack but I'm up in trying to see wassup with my skill level.

Damn this just reminded me how much I used to love the music in 3rd strike...Ken & Alex's theme, Ibuki's theme, Dudley's theme(
laugh.gif
), The maintheme...
pimp.gif
damn...nostalgia ftw

i used kill on the snes sf II turbo.
pimp.gif

back in highschool,the day before christmas break the teacher let me bring in my snes.
happy.gif

i had the same class for like a 4hr block.
i had mfs so mad at me.
mad.gif

i was talkin mad *@$,"pass the controller"
devil.gif

cats wanted to fight off this game.
laugh.gif

i would let them pick my character.
tongue.gif

those were the days
pimp.gif

word..im tired of dudes on here runnin lip i just want to see whos the truth.(me not included I don't play video games)

nters run their lip on anything. you cound come in here and say !#@$ roach eating and youd have dudes claiming how they used to do back in the day

Originally Posted by sevit86

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by Club29

lurkin2long wrote:
Equaztion wrote:
Unadulterated Madness
roll.gif

that video made me feel tingly like i was watchin some championship game down the stretch with a few seconds on the clock
laugh.gif

hell yeah man. Hearing the crowd,�you couldve sworn there was just a vicious KO in the UFC
laugh.gif

��

yea i was like
eek.gif
when i heard that crowd,.was it really that serious? but yea it was cool to see that ryu took all them blows and survived.

indifferent.gif

cosign
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
****, Also...I taught that dude how to do that
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
parried that combo, the secret to winning is to press downfoward A non stop.

used to hate street fighter. played it with this guy who was older than me cause he had a ps1 and i thought it was the best system ever. used to hate itbecause i would ALWAYS lose no matter what i did and that kinda killed my mood i guess.

wouldnt mind busting out my sf2 on my snes tho.

Originally Posted by illshill

OP, there's this thing called ggpo...think of it as a network of players like on xbl, but free, and w/ less lag, and better competition. there are a buncha good 3s players as well as other games like super turbo and allll that. Try it out, you'll get so much better. YOu can d/l it at ggpo.net. You can find me in the Super Turbo room
glasses.gif

im on ggpo too. lol, dunno if uve played me. my ggpo tag is: ning726. we should get in some games. ill holla if i do see u

Man...I find it hard to parry in the first place lol...

I don't think a lot of you realize how hard what he did was to pull off.

Seen it countless times and I still don't get it lol.

Oh, I'm SO down for the tournament.

PSN: lovethaxi03

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

Originally Posted by jfreak23

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
btw alpha 3>all

Count me in as well. 64 heads, single elimination sounds dope.

Set it up like a NCAA bracket.
Thats an excellent idea....I would be a down for a tournament of that sorts.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

I'm Filipino as well and by the looks of how you describe yourself, we definitely ran into each other already. There was this cat that really brought it to me back when I was playing there all the time and also rocked Jordans like myself. Short, dark, and bald too. Don't know if this was you. But anyhow, I play every character but Ryu is my dude. I would sometimes bring out my Chun Li and Sagat but my heater definitely goes out to Ryu....
Oh wow
laugh.gif
that sounds like it could be me, I used to rock jays hard back then too lol. I think I remember you correct me if I'm wrong, I think you're n inch shorter than me, used to come with your girl and had a you had a fade? If not, there was this one cat who played Ryu (I think balrog or sagat too) was schooling fools haha...is that you? There was also an employee mixed black dude who played Sagat, this brotha that played blanka I used to see all the time.

No that was not me, but I'm pretty sure we're both referring to the same cat. When you mentioned dude was always with his girl then that's definitely him and yes, he'll throw in his balrog once in a while along with this Sagat. We're definitely talkin 'bout the same cat. That dude and I used to get into major series playin'. I clearly remember one Saturday where the entire crowd just watched us duke it out. I came on top 20 games out of the 33 games we played. I clearly remember that night since it was my b-day. I ran into that dude a few more times when I went back there but the scene was slowly fading away until everyone stopped playing it.

If we run into each other, I'm sure you'll remember me especially since you said you played this pretty much every weekend back then. The most memorable D&B Street Fighter moment for me was on a Friday night. I assumed everyone knew that D&B was the spot for Street Fighter and I ran into all the old school Sunnyvale Golfland Heads who were all there. We straight brought it back like how it was back in the days. I'm sure you're familiar with Golfland SF scene back then and that night was like how it was back then. Even the regular from Keystone Arcade was present that night......
Yall two brothers can't see me with my Zangief. Last time I was at D&B I was playing the Ferrari racing game and didn't see anything StreetFighter. If yall ever get together, I go. Ain't nothing like knocking back a couple of drinks, poppin at females, and whooping dudes in Streetfighter.
I'm down. Always. Just lemme know.....

Back
Top Bottom