HOW DO RE-SELLERS END UP WITH SO MANY PAIRS OF LIMITED SHOES?? QUIT COMPLAINING? OR NOT COOL?

New to the shoe game and I just started collecting last month. Check out my collection so far on my profile and let me know what you think. I am sure everyone asks this question, but I wanted to ask it again. How do Re-Sellers end up with so many pairs of so called limited shoes?? I saw a dude on eBay that had a picture of 32 yes 32 pairs of Jordan 4 Thunder's in all sizes. I know I am a newbie to all this but that seem crazy.....or am I not juiced in with the right people or know the tricks of how to get all these shoes?? 

Most do not. They dedicate themselves to acquiring lots of pairs. They get orders online. They get orders in person. They get hook-ups with employees at local stores. They have friends and family help out.

Basically, they spend a whole lot of time dedicated to reselling shoes.

Trust me, it looks a lot more glamorous than it is. Every once in a while on very sough-after releases, they'll make a nice little come up, but more often than not they are grinding out $25 - 50 per shoe (or sometimes breaking even or taking losses), and dedicating a lot of time to do so.

We're not talking about dudes like "Croatian Style" and the days of getting a dozen and a half pairs of Paris Dunks and stuff. These are people "hustling" pseudo-limited GRs (none of these shoes are really that limited - don't let Nike and the resellers fool you). Most of the time, it's barely worth the effort.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze. If you're young and thinking about trying to resell, don't bother. Dedicate yourself to getting your foot in the door somewhere that offers you a bright future, employment-wise. ...It's one thing to pick up a few extra pairs because you're cool with the folks at your local spots and them flip them for a few bucks, but if you have to apply considerable steady effort to amass a handful of extra pairs, most likely that time and energy is better invested elsewhere.

Thanks for the response BIP. Fortunately I do not want to spend my time as a full time reseller. I have had decent luck so far with nike.com getting most of the shoes I have wanted so far. My first attempt however, was trying to get the Zoom Rookie Galaxy's. Tough shoe to try to get for your first pair. How do you feel about re-sellers? I have gotten to know a decent amount of people who have told me that they try to get two pairs of the shoes they want so they can keep one and sell the other which helps them fund their collection. I don't have much of a problem with that, I think it's a somewhat smart way to build a collection when funds are limited. BIP if you had to pick one pair of shoes in your collection that you wouldn't part with which one would it be? 

Most do not. They dedicate themselves to acquiring lots of pairs. They get orders online. They get orders in person. They get hook-ups with employees at local stores. They have friends and family help out.
Trust me, it looks a lot more glamorous than it is. Every once in a while on very sough-after releases, they'll make a nice little come up, but more often than not they are grinding out $25 - 50 per shoe (or sometimes breaking even or taking losses), and dedicating a lot of time to do so.
We're not talking about dudes like "Croatian Style" and the days of getting a dozen and a half pairs of Paris Dunks and stuff. These are people "hustling" pseudo-limited GRs (none of these shoes are really that limited - don't let Nike and the resellers fool you). Most of the time, it's barely worth the effort.
The juice isn't worth the squeeze. If you're young and thinking about trying to resell, don't bother. Dedicate yourself to getting your foot in the door somewhere that offers you a bright future, employment-wise. ...It's one thing to pick up a few extra pairs because you're cool with the folks at your local spots and them flip them for a few bucks, but if you have to apply considerable steady effort to amass a handful of extra pairs, most likely that time and energy is better invested elsewhere.

Most succinct and balanced response regarding re-sellers I’ve read.

my man bip qft once more. :smokin

my man bip qft once more.
smokin.gif
I'll be following BIP for sure from now on.......

See thats too much right there if ppl are really doing that.

Thanks for the response BIP. Fortunately I do not want to spend my time as a full time reseller. I have had decent luck so far with nike.com getting most of the shoes I have wanted so far. My first attempt however, was trying to get the Zoom Rookie Galaxy's. Tough shoe to try to get for your first pair. How do you feel about re-sellers? I have gotten to know a decent amount of people who have told me that they try to get two pairs of the shoes they want so they can keep one and sell the other which helps them fund their collection. I don't have much of a problem with that, I think it's a somewhat smart way to build a collection when funds are limited. BIP if you had to pick one pair of shoes in your collection that you wouldn't part with which one would it be? 
I ended up getting a pair of those. Ended up making a nice lil flip off those. But thats a good idea as far as the 2 pair thing.

It's a good way to fund your collection I guess but to go to the extent that BIP stated is a little too extreme. Every shoe release is gonna be like a family camping trip to profit like 30 dollars on cheap leather and rubber.

This is very true. If have been around long enough you know the right way to do it. I made a good amount when I had time. I still do it on the side when it's an option and make considerable amount as side hustle but like I said you have to know the right way to do it. I been doing since I was 15-16 because my parents wouldn't buy me 150-175 dollar shoes. I did what I had to get what I wanted. As I grew older the knowledge stayed with me. i got to know people that helped me along the way. It's like the stock market kinda if you can predict what's worth investing in you will make a good return.I paid 30 per item flipped it 250-275, 25 flipped to 300, 175 to 800, 500 to 5.5k. I don't line up for anything since it is waste of time and you won't make anything. Not even limited releases like yeezy's where you can make a grand per pair. Yes 1k is a lot but the amount of time you waste is not worth it. If you can get it with little to no work go for it. I'd rather pay a reseller and make less so my time isn't wasted. If the opportunities are there you have to be ready to take advantage of it and I'm not talking about reselling shoes, that goes for everything in life. If you are new to this my advice to you is save time and energy, get an education and you will make double triple that with a good career. I only do it here and there is because I loved sneakers growing up and it was hobby for me so I wanted to know everything so for me the knowledge is already there. I just take advantage of situations that will be profitable to me as it present itself.

Last edited:
So here's another questions about buying shoes.......tell me if the questions are getting annoying yet. I go on eastbay this morning to buy the Jordan 1 OG's and the countdown timer is counting down to a release at 5:59am, according to eastbay there release time is 6am. I have eastbay open on my phone and the countdown timer is 2 minutes behind the webpage. I checked my clock on the computer synched it and everything. So I didn't get the shoes, and it made me wonder how you would actually know if you are getting a fair shot at getting the shoes? Any ideas or similar experices? THANKS!

Footlocker/Footaction managers let you take FSRs out the back door for $10-$20 a pair.
sometimes the night before.

they'd rather make extra/easy money that way then deal with idiots sleeping on the line and causing issues.

they're not supposed to tell customers how many they received anyway, so it's a non issue unless they don't know where their DM is.

and boutiques subwholesale their stock, it helps them get better accts to move bigger amounts.
they charge you 10-15% above their wholesale which is 50%ish of MSRP.

most urban stores in NY don't even have legit accts, they deal with resellers.

the boutiques you know and love do this, especially considering the owners are never around and give managers 100% control.

it's not hard work, you just have to come off somewhat professional and about your $
they won't deal with you if you were waiting on line with everybody else last week

Last edited:
what BIP said..

you can see these dudes on the threads when these shoes are nearing release day bragging about how many tickets they got and so on...they visit about 10 shoe stores in one day

and know a couple of referees they sold weed to..

its like 8 dudes with no jobs and their priorities are getting tickets to buy shoes..
mean.gif

not worth it at all..

i got the galaxy rookies from nike and also the xi's..those are the only ones ive wanted from these hyped releases...

the only tip i can give you, is to get a twiiter account if you dont already.

It's nice to see BIP answer this newbies questions without bashing him, for a moment I felt like I was back in 2000-01 on NT
laugh.gif
. Of course NationalTruckerDave had to come through with his go to line.

It's nice to see BIP answer this newbies questions without bashing him, for a moment I felt like I was back in 2000-01 on NT :lol: . Of course NationalTruckerDave had to come through with his go to line.
The line is kinda getting annoying now.

Last edited:
Two things :

What is the story with the Paris sb dunks floating around, Where there is dozen's lined up in the photo. I believe the photo belongs to Ben Baller. Did the Paris dunk's  low-key hit a Nike outlet?

What is the deal with ebay seller "Croation Style" ? Is he a long time re seller Ii have seen plenty of people bash him around the forums, especially in the thread for the recent red supreme dunks, apparently supreme shoe releases are hard to find in size 13 yet he managed to have some for sale.

what BIP said..

you can see these dudes on the threads when these shoes are nearing release day bragging about how many tickets they got and so on...they visit about 10 shoe stores in one day

and know a couple of referees they sold weed to..

its like 8 dudes with no jobs and their priorities are getting tickets to buy shoes..
mean.gif

not worth it at all..

i got the galaxy rookies from nike and also the xi's..those are the only ones ive wanted from these hyped releases...

the only tip i can give you, is to get a twiiter account if you dont already.
I love shoes, but I won't be one of those guys standing in line instead of working. Are you going to get the Fighter Jets?

Back
Top Bottom