HOW DO RE-SELLERS END UP WITH SO MANY PAIRS OF LIMITED SHOES?? QUIT COMPLAINING? OR NOT COOL?

It's nice to see BIP answer this newbies questions without bashing him, for a moment I felt like I was back in 2000-01 on NT
laugh.gif
. Of course NationalTruckerDave had to come through with his go to line.
Apprecaite you guys taking it easy on the newbie, learning a lot and trying not to sound like an idiot.

Maybe you're too slow when typing in that info. And then some people just have that connect. 

This is very true. If have been around long enough you know the right way to do it. I made a good amount when I had time. I still do it on the side when it's an option and make considerable amount as side hustle but like I said you have to know the right way to do it. I been doing since I was 15-16 because my parents wouldn't buy me 150-175 dollar shoes. I did what I had to get what I wanted. As I grew older the knowledge stayed with me. i got to know people that helped me along the way. It's like the stock market kinda if you can predict what's worth investing in you will make a good return.I paid 30 per item flipped it 250-275, 25 flipped to 300, 175 to 800, 500 to 5.5k. I don't line up for anything since it is waste of time and you won't make anything. Not even limited releases like yeezy's where you can make a grand per pair. Yes 1k is a lot but the amount of time you waste is not worth it. If you can get it with little to no work go for it. I'd rather pay a reseller and make less so my time isn't wasted. If the opportunities are there you have to be ready to take advantage of it and I'm not talking about reselling shoes, that goes for everything in life. If you are new to this my advice to you is save time and energy, get an education and you will make double triple that with a good career. I only do it here and there is because I loved sneakers growing up and it was hobby for me so I wanted to know everything so for me the knowledge is already there. I just take advantage of situations that will be profitable to me as it present itself.

Waddup!

Well, the thing is that era is pretty much dead. FSRs of $50 Laneys. Grape Vs at outlets. Persian BWs and Infra 90s for pennies. Nike Air Infra VIs going on sale. First-gen '94 retros 39.99. I mean there are a million examples of great ways to come up in the past. But, the "market" changes. Everybody tries the same hustle, even without a legit connect. Sheep customers don't allow the prices of shoes to drop the way they used to. And, Nike itself has taken the edge of the market buy constantly raising box prices. You just don't have the same "inefficiencies" as there used to be. ...Hell, 10-15 years ago, you could just bet every "under" and road underdog in the NFL and you'd win at the same rate the best "sharps" in Vegas do today. Things done changed.

"...The glory days are gone and everybody's doing bad. Yo, mad lives is up for grabs."

The most important jewel in this post is that your goal should be to get to a point where you don't really have to stress resellers one way or another. I'm happy to say that I won't camp or any of that stuff for anything because my time is more valuable than my money. ...You wanna sleep on the street to earn sneaker money, or you wanna earn a salary (not an hourly wage), health insurance, retirement benefits, etc.? If you slept on the street overnight to earn what I make in an hour or two at my job, who is really winning?

Footlocker/Footaction managers let you take FSRs out the back door for $10-$20 a pair.
sometimes the night before.
they'd rather make extra/easy money that way then deal with idiots sleeping on the line and causing issues.
they're not supposed to tell customers how many they received anyway, so it's a non issue unless they don't know where their DM is.
and boutiques subwholesale their stock, it helps them get better accts to move bigger amounts.
they charge you 10-15% above their wholesale which is 50%ish of MSRP.
most urban stores in NY don't even have legit accts, they deal with resellers.
the boutiques you know and love do this, especially considering the owners are never around and give managers 100% control.
it's not hard work, you just have to come off somewhat professional and about your $
they won't deal with you if you were waiting on line with everybody else last week

These are advanced (and illegal) techniques. I'm not sure that kind of stuff still flies, but if it does, that's a whole other can of worms.

Along these kinds of lines, there was also the period before stuff really jumped off when cats would just hit up mom and pop stores and be like, "Take me to basement - I have a wad of cash and a van, and I'm about to buy out your years of back stock."

The jewel in this post is that in order to make real money doing this, you have to be on something beyond just buying for retail and relisting on ebay.

Bring the wait period back please

Look, I'm in favor of this too. But, OP is obviously younger. He's trying to learn and he's being civil. That's cool as far as I'm concerned - we all had to start somewhere. It's not people like this that upset me at all - it's the clowns who come in thinking they're some OG or baller because they have a half dozen Foam releases from the previous calendar year. ...Those dudes are lost causes. Youngins coming in on some humbleness are blank slates - you can either educate them correctly, or you can leave them to be molded by the unwashed masses.

PS - Thanks for all the love, fellas.

Last edited:
Resellers are hustlers.. Hustling hypebeasts. Collectors are just getting caught in the crossfire. I don't take it personally. Don't hate the reseller hate the Mac miller fan.

cats be grinding hard, for at most 50 dollars, and with the way its looking with 500,000 breds being produced, cats gonna have to wait until this summer to even make those 50 dollars off a 200 dollar purchase.
Weak hustle is really weak, dont mind me though i just want it back to the old times.

Back
Top Bottom