How do you deal with your teams being terrible?

What up NT,

Times are tough for me in the sports world right now. I'm a die hard fan of all my teams (NBA- Sacramento Kings, NFL- Oakland Raiders, MLB- SF Giants, CFB-Stanford) but all of them are awful. I don't loose interest in the team or the sport (having followed all of these teams literally my whole life) but itsure is hard to go through all of these seasons knowing there is absolutley no shot of a playoff appearance while a +.500 record is considered a success. Howdo you guys deal with your teams being terrible? I look for progress in players, but especially for the Kings & Raiders, times look as bleak as they haveever been.
grin.gif

After awhile, you just grow emotionally desensitized to the losing.

Stick with them. Follow the young players, of course. Even in losses & losing seasons the future young players of the team can do positive things.

When losing teams do start winning, it'll be a lot greater enjoying that success knowing you stuck with them during the tough times.

The Giants and Stanford football are on the rise.
Sacramento sucks, but Jason Thompson is the man
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

As far as the Raiders go...

*sigh*
I don't know I've been a fan for my entire life, but it's terrible right now.
It's to the point where I hope Nnamdi can get out of this #%*% hole and into a real team, where he can have a real impact.
I'd like to see us lose, just to see the look on Al Davis's face.
laugh.gif

This organization will never get better until something big happens at the top.
I don't know if I can continue to root for them when Al Davis is trying to play football like it's the 1970s.

But, look at it like this.
It'll be that much sweeter when they win
pimp.gif

Ain't nothin you can do but laugh about it... Life's too short, man... Kills me when I see Cubs fans and such cryin on TV and gettin all bent outtashape. What the hell for?

At some point you just have to realize that you have virtually no control over how your team performs. I don't know why people get so worked up over theirteam losing...it seems like a lot of people take losses personally, which I don't understand.

Originally Posted by retroairmax1

Ain't nothin you can do but laugh about it... Life's too short, man... Kills me when I see Cubs fans and such cryin on TV and gettin all bent outta shape. What the hell for?

Because they won 97 games and at times looked like a runaway freight train and then October came rolling around and its was all gone in a flash

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I even had pity for them and I hate the Cubs for obvious reasons

Week in and week out, I expect the Raiders to lose.

So it's sick when we win(word to the Jets game) and I don't really give a $##$ when we lose(today's games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Lakers basketball is a different story though.

At the end of the day though, it's just sports.

ive been a raiders fan since birth dunno if i could ever root for another team unless they did somethin stupid and moved to a different state or somethin butman im not sure how to cope i think this is the worst we've ever been. Whats even more frustrating is knowing that the talent is there but Al Davis wouldrather watch the franchise crumble rather than relinquish control, and put a real organization together with real coaches and a real front office.

im a bay area sports fan, so i know the pain
but it isnt looking too bad.. giants are definitely on the rise with a stud rotation forming and hitting coming up through the minors

honestly i just try to focus on our young players, like someone else said up there, even in losses young players can develop alot

and if all else fails... keep an eye on the draft haha

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I don't deal with it really
laugh.gif
word.

I just became used to screen pass, run up the middle, pitch to the outside with no blockers, and the deep ball to Carr. In that exact order

Let's recap Seattle sports state wide:

Huskies: 0-8

Cougars: 1-8

Seahawks: 2-5 (soon to be 2-6)

Mariners: 61-101

All I can say is... sunny days wouldn't be special if it weren't for rain. Just stick with the teams through the downs and you'll enjoythe ups that much more... Fairweather Fans FTL.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

So it's sick when we win(word to the Jets game) and I don't really give a *%*+ when we lose(today's games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Exactly. I'm mad I spent so much time watching the Raider game when I have a midterm tomorrow.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

So it's sick when we win(word to the Jets game) and I don't really give a $##$ when we lose(today's games
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

Word, Comrade SoHi and I can enjoy our Lakers and remain indifferent regarding the Raiders
pimp.gif

My Niners have not won much the last few years but I don't get too down about it.

We were spoiled for 20 years.

20 years STRAIGHT making the playoffs, 5 rings, I think we can lose for awhile.

Some teams havn't even won a chip in their existence.

As long as its not horrible for the next 10 years, I think we're alright.

We def. have more hope and talent than that team across the bay....

Well I just trust in my teams (Grizzlies,Titans, Memphis Tigers, basically all TN teams) that they will do better in the future. Grizzlies have a bright futureand Memphis is a basketball city that doesn't want crap on the court. I just put up with the Titans, but for the most part they had solid seasons everyyear. I went through it all with the Tigers (basketball) back when they had Penny.

Back
Top Bottom