how do you feel about da whole Hong Kong X China X NBA (and other US companies caught in middle) situation?

Lebron initially used talking points which were similar to Laura Ingrams “shut up and dribble” garbage. She insinuated he was uneducated on what he was speaking on and the comments yesterday on Morey were similar in the insinuating he was uninformed part.

When he tried to clarify things and talk about how the timing was bad given that the players were over there. While I get that frustration. Only thing I could think of is that I’ve heard plenty of times how protests and political statements aren’t supposed to be for your convenience and that they’re supposed to be vocal and in your face.

America has a ****ty track record itself, but it’s crazy seeing corporations like the NBA tuck their D between its legs and pretty much bend over to appease China. Integrity is for sale when it comes to not messing that China money up. Same with Nike who has pushed “more than an athlete“ campaigns recently.

I need to hear from the Lakers towel boy before I`m fully satisfied the NBA's views on Hong Kong

No one but a certain segment of society was waiting on LeBron James to speak on this because 99% of them don`t know what the **** they`re talking about when it come to this subject. Solutions please or **** like LeBron should have done

Everyone wants someone else to sacrifice their income or lifestyle for a cause but no one ever wants to sacrifice their own

It’s a human rights issue until it messes w/ ur money.

Bingo. I wonder how it would fly if a conservative athlete said police brutality protests or kneeling were messing with his money and costing the NFL money. it likely wouldn’t and it shouldn’t.

That issue is much more visible and hits closer to home than something happening overseas which while is very real, you can’t relate and see it as much. But that NBA money in China is huge.

Excellent points, cedric ceballos cedric ceballos !

IMO, Lebron dropped the ball on this one. He has been very outspoken on topics that fit his narrative (and mostly tied to his money), which is fine and his right but we all know the reason why he said what he said because Nike / Lebron is HUGE in China. It was easy to speak out against Trump and back Kaep because the particular audience that buys his product the most here in the US the majority of them feel the same way.

Has Kobe Bryant said anything? He is like a living God in China.

Lebron initially used talking points which were similar to Laura Ingrams “shut up and dribble” garbage. She insinuated he was uneducated on what he was speaking on and the comments yesterday on Morey were similar in the insinuating he was uninformed part.

When he tried to clarify things and talk about how the timing was bad given that the players were over there. While I get that frustration. Only thing I could think of is that I’ve heard plenty of times how protests and political statements aren’t supposed to be for your convenience and that they’re supposed to be vocal and in your face.

America has a ****ty track record itself, but it’s crazy seeing corporations like the NBA tuck their D between its legs and pretty much bend over to appease China. Integrity is for sale when it comes to not messing that China money up. Same with Nike who has pushed “more than an athlete“ campaigns recently.
This is what I got, like did Bron just pull a "shut up and dribble"?

Man chastises man unaware of ramifications while being unaware of ramifications.

And that second tweet clarification doesn't even make sense. How can you be misinformed about the ramifications, either you knew it'd be a **** storm or you didnt. Neither the GM nor LeBron knew the ramifications of their tweets.

I wonder how it would fly if a conservative athlete said police brutality protests or kneeling were messing with his money and costing the NFL money. it likely wouldn’t and it shouldn’t.

That issue is much more visible and hits closer to home than something happening overseas which while is very real, you can’t relate and see it as much. But that NBA money in China is huge.

is that any different than the players who refused to kneel and kept quiet on this issue and just went about their business as NFL players? I mean, they didn't say that explicitly but that's basically what they did. The same as Lebron & NBA are doing here.

is that any different than the players who refused to kneel and kept quiet on this issue and just went about their business as NFL players? I mean, they didn't say that explicitly but that's basically what they did. The same as Lebron & NBA are doing here.

It depends. Some athletes just want to get their check and go home. They don’t want to be involved in political stuff or anything of that nature outside of sports. And to be fair, they don’t have to. But the general response I saw, especially during 2016 was no comment and non answers that wouldn’t stir the pot. That’s different to me than if a player were to openly and publicly condemn Kap or anyone else who was protesting police brutality.

Nike lookin suspect...

...sell you Colin and "stand up for what you believe in" America.

Bow down to China on the flip tho.

Is it "Black Girl Lost", or shortie owe you for ice?

Is it "oochie Wally Wally" or is it "One Mic?"

Did we expect anything from Nike though?

This is only PART of what happened. LeBron confronted Adam Silver on Morey's comments, stating that if a player had made that tweet, the player would have been reprimanded. So LeBron's comments have come AFTER that confrontation, with Silver.

Let me make this clear, nobody in any other white run country is talking about what Black people have to face in America on the daily, since 1619. LeBron is correct in NOT speaking about what goes on there. Just like with the current supposed opioid crisis here in white america, nobody gave a damn about what was happening in the Black community during the crack era.

Y'all should learn to just say no.

Thoughts and prayers!

Nike has too much vested in China and they won't let any of their marquee athletes comment on these issues.

Lebron line has always had some very specific to China joints.

air-force-1-chamber-of-fear-2018.jpg

Not surprising either. Be it China/Hong Kong, Israel/Palestine, I think we’d all like to see consistency.

Those folks who condemned the NBA on the Palestine stuff are clowns. That said, the league still does look funny in the light when it pertains to China. That said, if Israel was as profitable as China is, they likely wouldn’t have done or said anything to anger them in the first place.

It depends. Some athletes just want to get their check and go home. They don’t want to be involved in political stuff or anything of that nature outside of sports. And to be fair, they don’t have to. But the general response I saw, especially during 2016 was no comment and non answers that wouldn’t stir the pot. That’s different to me than if a player were to openly and publicly condemn Kap or anyone else who was protesting police brutality.

I agree.

While LeBron isn’t required to make a stand for the HK protesters he should have no comment if he feels he can’t stand up for what is right rather than what is financially convenient.

He is right that people shouldn’t speak out unless educated, even though he didn't follow through on that himself.

I'm sure other US multinational corporations are glad the NBA is the only one receiving smoke here for wanting to make money while looking the other way

Meanwhile, Apple is exempt from Trump’s China tariffs

Last edited:
I agree.

While LeBron isn’t required to make a stand for the HK protesters he should have no comment if he feels he can’t stand up for what is right rather than what is financially convenient.

He is right that people shouldn’t speak out unless educated, even though he didn't follow through on that himself.

In a sense, being it’s Lebron. He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. If he doesn’t want to mess his China money up, I get it. But a no comment or a non answer probably would’ve been the best response. Yeah he likely would’ve got crap for not being vocal or giving a company response but it would’ve swept under the rug.

It goes well beyond Lebron and any NBA player for that matter, but it’s crazy seeing them try to appease China the way they have.

Back
Top Bottom