How do you feel about eye contact?

eye contact and more importantly, not fumbling words are two of the most important skills in business.

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I usually keep eye contact in less I'm really uncomfortable with or uninterested in a person. I look away no longer than 2-3 secs..

p.s. OP learn to maintain eye contact..especially with women (great flirting technique
pimp.gif
)

Yea, I know that, lol.. but I try not to come across as some creepy dude..
I don't think it's creepy...as long as you're not staring and she approves of the eye contact (matching your eye contact plus adding a smile)
smile.gif

Originally Posted by AJChick23

I usually keep eye contact in less I'm really uncomfortable with or uninterested in a person. I look away no longer than 2-3 secs..

p.s. OP learn to maintain eye contact..especially with women (great flirting technique
pimp.gif
)

Yea, I know that, lol.. but I try not to come across as some creepy dude..
I don't think it's creepy...as long as you're not staring and she approves of the eye contact (matching your eye contact plus adding a smile)
smile.gif

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by JZero23

Eye contact is very important. I know if someone isn't giving me eye contact, I will not even listen to what they have to say.

Damn bro, what if we are playing madden?

roll.gif
I ain't listening to you when I'm playing Madden. I'll be talkin *@*+, but none of what you say will get in...

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by JZero23

Eye contact is very important. I know if someone isn't giving me eye contact, I will not even listen to what they have to say.

Damn bro, what if we are playing madden?

roll.gif
I ain't listening to you when I'm playing Madden. I'll be talkin *@*+, but none of what you say will get in...

Looking @ someone directly into their eyes makes me blush like crazy, whether it be a man or woman. I don't really understand why, but it's pretty damn annoying. My eyes tear up & my cheeks turn red, which doesn't work to my advantage @ all when being confronted by an angry student. They take it as a sign of weakness & I sound foolish trying to remain in control of the situation.

Looking @ someone directly into their eyes makes me blush like crazy, whether it be a man or woman. I don't really understand why, but it's pretty damn annoying. My eyes tear up & my cheeks turn red, which doesn't work to my advantage @ all when being confronted by an angry student. They take it as a sign of weakness & I sound foolish trying to remain in control of the situation.

I love it. I take it as a challenge on who will look away first when it comes to strangers

I love it. I take it as a challenge on who will look away first when it comes to strangers

I love looking directly at females. They break down. My vision is horrible, though so i squint a lot

I love looking directly at females. They break down. My vision is horrible, though so i squint a lot

im trying to get better at this. i hate looking at guys im interested in because i will start smiling. fml. but i used to have a big problem making eye contact when i was younger.

im trying to get better at this. i hate looking at guys im interested in because i will start smiling. fml. but i used to have a big problem making eye contact when i was younger.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

eye contact and more importantly, not fumbling words are two of the most important skills in business.

Damn there go my chances!

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Damn there go my chances!

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

I know different cultures view it differently. No pun intended. Growing up with carribean parents, eye contact is kinda seen as disrespectful, at least when I was growing up. At the same time I was taught in public school that its very important. Even when talking to girls you have to maintain good eye contact if not you seem weak or too shy. I ran into a chick I used to mess with few days ago and we were talking and she brought up the fact that I still look away from her when talking. Btw, my confidence level is where it needs to be so that not the case.

Anyone else have problems with eye contact?

How do you feel about it?

How long before you look away?

what the hell are you talking about ive been living in the bahamas all my life.. and this isnt true.

I can vouch for what he's saying, but I'm from Nigeria and it is considered disrespectful to look at an elder in their eyes. I was taught to look down or look away. I remember my great grandmother giving me the slap of my life when I mistakenly looked directly into her eyes.
laugh.gif

I know different cultures view it differently. No pun intended. Growing up with carribean parents, eye contact is kinda seen as disrespectful, at least when I was growing up. At the same time I was taught in public school that its very important. Even when talking to girls you have to maintain good eye contact if not you seem weak or too shy. I ran into a chick I used to mess with few days ago and we were talking and she brought up the fact that I still look away from her when talking. Btw, my confidence level is where it needs to be so that not the case.

what the hell are you talking about ive been living in the bahamas all my life.. and this isnt true.

I can vouch for what he's saying, but I'm from Nigeria and it is considered disrespectful to look at an elder in their eyes. I was taught to look down or look away. I remember my great grandmother giving me the slap of my life when I mistakenly looked directly into her eyes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

laugh.gif
i can cosign this

Originally Posted by The Black James Bond

laugh.gif
i can cosign this

Personally I find it rude to not make eye contact with somebody if they are talking directly to you. I've learned to maintain eye contact without looking away. The girl I work with doesn't make eye contact when students talk to her and it irks the hell out of me. Sometimes if her back is turned to them she won't even turn around to answer their questions. Makes her come across very rude and I can understand why

Personally I find it rude to not make eye contact with somebody if they are talking directly to you. I've learned to maintain eye contact without looking away. The girl I work with doesn't make eye contact when students talk to her and it irks the hell out of me. Sometimes if her back is turned to them she won't even turn around to answer their questions. Makes her come across very rude and I can understand why

When I want to make eye contact I do look away to what is behind a person for 1-2 seconds. I don't feel comfortable keeping eyecontact continuously, seems disrespectful imo. Like you're trying to stare someone down and intimate them.

When I want to make eye contact I do look away to what is behind a person for 1-2 seconds. I don't feel comfortable keeping eyecontact continuously, seems disrespectful imo. Like you're trying to stare someone down and intimate them.

i get sized up alot by dudes.

practically every day.

I never break eye contact. They always do.

Because I always win.

i get sized up alot by dudes.

practically every day.

I never break eye contact. They always do.

Because I always win.

Back
Top Bottom