How do you guys cope with death.

Recently my grandmother past away, 20th of December. Christmas will never be the same and its tough because her death has been hitting me in spurts. One dayI'm coo, the next day it hits me that she's really gone, its hard because she's lived with my family all my life. She was always there when my momwas working late nights and would take care of my brother and I. Deep down inside I know its the circle of life, people come and go but I just want to know howmy fellow NT'ers cope with it.

Impermanence is a reality of life in all scenarios and I grew up learning to embrace that notion.

Death isn't easy to deal with, but it just a much of life as "living."

You just got to keep your head up and keep the memories strong of those who pass. That is how to truly respect those people.

Besides, your g-ma wouldn't want you fretting over her too much. She would want you to be happy!

Just remember the great times you had with her. Memories are the best gift someone can leave behind. I'm sorry to hear your loss, my condolences are withyou.

It's very hard to express it with words...
memories of person that dearest to us will always there,
although the pain of losing them will becoming less with time... not easy... feeling like this is always very hard to digest.

My deepest condolences for you & your family.

What helped me through my Grandpa passing back last April was when I found out that He was a believer. That helped me alot because I found out at his funeralthe work He did for his church and the sisters there. He wasn't perfect but He was a good dude a heart. God Bless his soul.

And just remember the good times dude. She will live on in your heart and memory. God Bless you.

I appreciate the comments, we've had alot of memories from good to bad. She was a big sports fan from tennis to basketball to football, I would always tellher who' playing and thats one thing that we had in common was sports.

Sorry double post. I really had a great relationship with her in my book but now that she's gone it seems like I could have done more.

Originally Posted by GFCsKiksAholic

I appreciate the comments, we've had alot of memories from good to bad. She was a big sports fan from tennis to basketball to football, I would always tell her who' playing and thats one thing that we had in common was sports.
Damn, that really touched me, fam, I wish I can talk to my Grandmeezy, and she is across the world. Sounds like you both have a major bond.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

drink some hennessey... write a verse

what he said.

along with blunt rides and UGK - One Day You Here on repeat...

i got more dead friends and fam than the average person, I usually listen to whatever it was that reminded me of that person on repeat until the blunt goesout.

one of my boys from childhood, we used to take blunt rides and his fav song was Z Ro - One Deep, and whenever i listen to it, it makes me want to cry.

but i look at death like a natural part of life, but violent death is a little more difficult to cope with.

MUSIC is my salvation for most of the troubles i face in my life..... the three notes are my gma, p-pa, n my best friend who passed.....soo sorry to hear boutur loss.

i feel ypu, we had christmas at my gma's house so the tradition that my family had practiced since i was born, passed with her....

Music, excessive self medicating, and talking it out w/ my lady, family, and you guys has really helped with dealing with my mom's death. That's theonly death out of maybe 20 close ones in my life that has REALLY, REALLY stuck to my ribs. I'm cool about all 4 grandparents and just about everybody elsethat died that wasn't younger than me...
tired.gif
.... but I don't think I'll ever "get past" losing my mom. EVER. Some days I flash back andit's like I'm shell shocked.. I'm kinda in a weeded out phase right now, but it keeps the depression at bay until late at night.....

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

what he said.

along with blunt rides and UGK - One Day You Here on repeat...

i got more dead friends and fam than the average person, I usually listen to whatever it was that reminded me of that person on repeat until the blunt goes out.

one of my boys from childhood, we used to take blunt rides and his fav song was Z Ro - One Deep, and whenever i listen to it, it makes me want to cry.

but i look at death like a natural part of life, but violent death is a little more difficult to cope with.
veery true...when my boy ramone passed aka "luda" because he loved ludacris....i listened to word of mouf for like a week str8....helpedme feel like he was still here with me. to this day if im havin a bad day, thats the first cd i grab.....

I know how you feel, its gon be a year in March since I lost my grandma. It was hard at first cuz I kept beating myself up,thinking I could have spent moretime with her while she was here eventhough I was almost always at her crib,especially when she got sick. But what really helped me get over it was realizingthat she wasn't in pain anymore and didn't have to suffer from her disease anymore. You just gotta look at the positives of the situation.

pimp.gif
... how'd I miss this? Hell, I wrote "Dear Winter" and made this screen name, so I can relate... pass that Jager though fam. I only drinkHennesy when....ah, who am I kiddin? Pass that too, %!*!....

I talk about it with the fam telling stories about good times we had with that person. It helps

Yeah, it's real real tought o deal with death...grieving is never an easy process

but what helps me is trying to reason with it you know....we all have to go sometime

You just hope you live a good life and leave a lasting good impression on those around you. Sounds like your grandma did just that.

As some mentioned earlier, getting those emotions out is real helpful...either "self-medication" or talking it out or both. Just don't holdeverything in. It'll drive you crazy.

i got a tattoo in remembrance of my cousin
it is not easy, nor does it ever get easy
you just learn to deal with it, over time

Back
Top Bottom