How Do You Like Your Sushi? [PICS INCLUDED] *Page 1 Update.

Yooo I want a white girl who's a sushi chef 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I am just trying to make some good sushi to eat with/off of a female.

Sounds like fun
pimp.gif

If you learn you should make it with her, it would be a cool at home date
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

I am just trying to make some good sushi to eat with/off of a female.

Sounds like fun
pimp.gif

If you learn you should make it with her, it would be a cool at home date
pimp.gif

I've never heard of sugar used in sushi rice. It's always been short grain rice and vinegar. People usually use soy sauce so adding salt into the rice seems like overkill to me. I'm personally not a fan of all that fancy rolling. Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that) and put a nice fatty slice on top of a small bunch of rice. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger on the side.

I've never heard of sugar used in sushi rice. It's always been short grain rice and vinegar. People usually use soy sauce so adding salt into the rice seems like overkill to me. I'm personally not a fan of all that fancy rolling. Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that) and put a nice fatty slice on top of a small bunch of rice. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi, and ginger on the side.

I think I might have to use that at home date joint! Good looking out!

Shrimp tempura maki is always a good choice, I haven't tried sashimi mainly because I like rice with my dishes but I will try it, and for those who don't know, sashimi is the meat on its own.

I guess I am going to edit the first post once I get in the habit of making sushi then just add recipes as I go, but if anyone wants to add stuff now I will throw it up as well.

I think I might have to use that at home date joint! Good looking out!

Shrimp tempura maki is always a good choice, I haven't tried sashimi mainly because I like rice with my dishes but I will try it, and for those who don't know, sashimi is the meat on its own.

I guess I am going to edit the first post once I get in the habit of making sushi then just add recipes as I go, but if anyone wants to add stuff now I will throw it up as well.

I need to learn how to make spicy tuna rolls and beef sashimi.  I'd be happy eating big plates of both.
Am I the only one who doesn't like all those extra condiments with my sushi?  I rarely every use soy sauce or wasabi.  I like to be able to taste all the ingredients used in the roll.

I need to learn how to make spicy tuna rolls and beef sashimi.  I'd be happy eating big plates of both.
Am I the only one who doesn't like all those extra condiments with my sushi?  I rarely every use soy sauce or wasabi.  I like to be able to taste all the ingredients used in the roll.

I am interested in doing this but I have no clue where to start
laugh.gif
.... Do i just use any kind of fish at a supermarket? Seems like I would have to get it from somewhere different so it's extra fresh.

I am interested in doing this but I have no clue where to start
laugh.gif
.... Do i just use any kind of fish at a supermarket? Seems like I would have to get it from somewhere different so it's extra fresh.

I was just going to get a nice sized tuna from the supermarket just to try my hand and as I get better start paying more for better/fresher ingredients. I want to try making a sauce with a nice spicy/sweet taste to put inside before I roll it.

I am definitely going to just make the balls of rice with the pieces of meat on top (nigirizushi) when I am feeling lazy.

I feel like getting past the fact that it isn't a very hard process is the first step in making it, if you can make some good white rice, you can make some sushi.

I was just going to get a nice sized tuna from the supermarket just to try my hand and as I get better start paying more for better/fresher ingredients. I want to try making a sauce with a nice spicy/sweet taste to put inside before I roll it.

I am definitely going to just make the balls of rice with the pieces of meat on top (nigirizushi) when I am feeling lazy.

I feel like getting past the fact that it isn't a very hard process is the first step in making it, if you can make some good white rice, you can make some sushi.

I love the sweet egg (tamago) and the shrimp tempura rolls. Eel's great too.

I don't eat alot of the traditional Japanese stuff, just the Americanized rolls
embarassed.gif

I love the sweet egg (tamago) and the shrimp tempura rolls. Eel's great too.

I don't eat alot of the traditional Japanese stuff, just the Americanized rolls
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom