How Do You Like Your Sushi? [PICS INCLUDED] *Page 1 Update.

I would like to know if anyone here likes to make california rolls.
If so how do you like to make them?

About to head to the store, aside from wasabi and soy sauce what should I scoop so I can make something similar to the sauce used for the spicy tuna rolls? I am going to get tuna and salmon, maybe some shrimp to try and make shrimp tempura. Might scoop some mango to add in there with some cucumber and another vegetable, not sure which one though. Carrots maybe?

Jada2001RetroDo you think you can get some tips or recipes for a good roll? It would be greatly appreciated.

About to head to the store, aside from wasabi and soy sauce what should I scoop so I can make something similar to the sauce used for the spicy tuna rolls? I am going to get tuna and salmon, maybe some shrimp to try and make shrimp tempura. Might scoop some mango to add in there with some cucumber and another vegetable, not sure which one though. Carrots maybe?

Jada2001RetroDo you think you can get some tips or recipes for a good roll? It would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

quick and easy way to do a simple spicy tuna is to mix mayo + sriracha (rooster sauce aka vietnamese hot sauce)

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

quick and easy way to do a simple spicy tuna is to mix mayo + sriracha (rooster sauce aka vietnamese hot sauce)

Unagi
pimp.gif

Nigiri>

It's the perfect blend of protein and carbs. I feel that the rolls don't have enough protein and sashimi obviously has no rice
laugh.gif

My sister made sushi a few times before....straight from youtube videos
pimp.gif

At the end of the day, I'd rather get it at a restaurant/lounge though. The vibe at spots like RA Sushi is great.

Nigiri>

It's the perfect blend of protein and carbs. I feel that the rolls don't have enough protein and sashimi obviously has no rice
laugh.gif

My sister made sushi a few times before....straight from youtube videos
pimp.gif

At the end of the day, I'd rather get it at a restaurant/lounge though. The vibe at spots like RA Sushi is great.

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

closest ill ever get to sushi is fried catfish im not experimental when it comes to food at all
Missing out dawg.
This.

All this talk about sushi is making me crave for some. And some sashimi as well.
laugh.gif

Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that)

QFT.

Sushi is only good when fresh. The sushi in Japan is on a whole different level of freshness.
pimp.gif

As for the soy sauce, I only lightly dip in it. Too much soy sauce can be
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Buscape

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

closest ill ever get to sushi is fried catfish im not experimental when it comes to food at all
Missing out dawg.
This.

All this talk about sushi is making me crave for some. And some sashimi as well.
laugh.gif

Just get the freshest ingredients you can (hell, if you can get a live fish yourself or have a live fish killed for you do that)

QFT.

Sushi is only good when fresh. The sushi in Japan is on a whole different level of freshness.
pimp.gif

As for the soy sauce, I only lightly dip in it. Too much soy sauce can be
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom