How does your weekday lunch look like?

Went to the Mexican spot in the market for lunch today, tried to give em another chance but they messed up on rolling the burrito AGAIN ...everything dropped out soon as I picked it up, I wanted to catch a body :smh:

I spend so much on fast food smh. Either a baked potato,spicy chicken Caesar or nuggets and fries from wendys. Or Burger or something from Harry buffalo .

I cook a good size batch of brown rice, and I add different veggies to it throughout the week with some chicken breasts thrown in. 90% of my lunch, if I don't feel like cooking is subway. Turkey or spicy italian on honey oat, with extra spinach and all the veggies. I keep some Progresso soups in a drawer at work in case I wanna do soup and sammich.

Last edited:
We frugal over here pa

Nothing but Ramen Noodle water errday.

And yes you read that right, no noodles, just the water

Last edited:
Any salad, sub, wings from publix n im gucci
my boy that moved from florida says the food from publix is tooooo good but his sister worked there so he got everything for damn near free 
laugh.gif

So im not sure if i should take his word for it

I really need to learn to meal prep. Anybody got any experience with it?

Just figure out which items that you like... That reheat well/easily, or you prefer cold... And make them... I'm not sure what your asking :lol:

I started meal prepping not too long ago. I usually go pack lean meats and veggies for lunch and I'm good. I'm trying to get my sexy up by summertime. Can't look sloppy when I go to Miami or fort Lauderdale beach :lol:

this is what I was talking about. Recipes and stuff to sexy myself up.

Last edited:
If I bring food from home it's chicken breast, brown rice, and veggies

If I go out, it's always Chipotle and I just get a burrito bowl

if u eat too good, youll be broke and youll get fat. youll get that cliff hanger belly. soba, and noodle works. if not, make ur own samdwhiches. but processed food is bad.

i usually separate and cut everything the night before and the put the sandwhich together at work.

I learned to just eat alot for breakfast and ride it out till I get off work then make something at home. That usually works 10% of the time tho.

I usually skip breakfast so lunch is important for me. The issue is I rarely bring my own food to campus with me. Chic Fil A usually holds me down, as does Chipotle when I'm really hungry. Got to start saving some money and bringing my own food from home :smh:

leftovers all the time from dinner i ate at the crib (my parents cook) or food that was not finished when i went out to eat....i try to bring my food everyday and buy food once a week to save money...but sometimes i cant control that and have to resort to buying food... i hate it because theres not good choice here and its not healthy

Usually leftovers from the night before. I cook enough to carry for lunch the next day. I purchase food as well if I don't cook enough for the next day or forget my lunch. Buying lunch everyday does get expensive. Did it for a month and the amount that I spent was :x

Meals are so easy, I dont understand the struggle.
Example of todays meals;
Breakfast is egg whites with broiled and blackened tenderloin on a low carb pita and a banana
Lunch, chicken and veggie stir fry with coconut oil with some tenderloin on top and a half sweet corn on the cob with a half tbs of butter
All cooked by me and im by no means a cheff

I alternate between salads in a bag, adding my own grilled chicken slices and bacon bits

Buying a roasted turkey and shaving off the bits, to make a few days of sandwiches or turkey meat with mac n cheese or sour cream mashed potates

Sometimes I do wraps.. again, lettuce from my salad in a bag, some croutons, rice, Parmesan, grilled or friend chicken sliced up

Sometimes Deli sandwhiches with Pan roasted turkey, white american(cant stand other sandwich cheeses for some reason), Sea salt chips

As a fall back, I always have some lean cuisines or Marie Calendar TV dinners in the freezer as well

Cats at my job go out to lunch everyday, and I just cant be about that life anymore.. too much money lost in that game, and its just not filling enough for some reason

Last edited:
Usually cold cut sandwiches or leftovers from the night before. Not about that $10+ a day lunch life. That adds up quick.

Usually cold cut sandwiches or leftovers from the night before. Not about that $10+ a day lunch life. That adds up quick.

This.

Been trying to bring lunch the past few weeks. It's easy to drop $200-300 per month on lunch without even realizing it.

I'm doing this pescetarian stuff so it's hard as hell to eat lunch

Usually get a veggie sandwich from Panera

Can't eat Tuna Salad, come back to work smelling like :x

today for lunch I have steamed broccoli and baked chicken breast seasoned with flavor god spices :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom