How Durable are SHURE headphones?

^^^
Anyone own SHURE earbuds???
how long have you had them? do you use them everyday?
nerd.gif

Hmm while this thread exists, how are SHURE headphones anyway? They were crazy expensive when I saw them at Fry's...are they worth it?

Well shure has the best sound quality around...better than bose or sony...

i wouldnt spend that much money on headphones unless youre an audiophile like myself...

had them for over a year now and they still work fine, even though they offer a one year warranty. You can definitely tell the sound difference compared to theipod ones. It hurts the ears if you wear it too long though.

Shures are one of the BEST headphones you can buy. VERY durable and sound quality is excellent.

They def trump Bose and Sony's.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Shures are one of the BEST headphones you can buy. VERY durable and sound quality is excellent.

They def trump Bose and Sony's.

Do you have any idea how thick the wires on the Shures are compared to Sonys?
i know Sony has some thin wires...i dont like them like that...

They are thick, and good quality too. I own 3 pairs of Shure Headphones
laugh.gif

Se110, Se210 and Se530

The thing is, im such an audiophile. They last a VERY long time, but I always upgrade every year. I find myself giving away my older pairs to friends andfamily.
laugh.gif

Sorry, gave them to my sister a few months ago. She loves em.

She's so amazed over the fact that she doesn't hear any outside noise while having them on.
laugh.gif

Shes luckyy
People always on my case about spending a lot of money on headphones, especially my dad...says he cant tell the difference
smh.gif

dont think ive spent more than 60 on a pair of buds though.
Tired of these sony headphones failing on me,so ill probably get my 1st pair of shures tomorrow.

Also bought the sony v700 this past summer...i want thise Beats By Dre now
devil.gif

I love shure, I use their mics for all my production needs and the headphones too

Bose has been slipping for the longest time, the name is all that their selling off of now

I would check out the new apple in ears. I'm a sound engineer and have a pair of Shure e2c's and while they are not bad they're not the best thingin the world. If you're a true audiophile then you're going to want to look for a dual driver system. Apples new in ears have separate tweeters andwoofers which deliver better sound. I haven't listened to them but they look promising for the price ($80). Shure's dual driver earbuds run around$250. Shure dose have better build quality and thicker cables but I personally find that the thicker cables are cumbersome and the joint where left and rightsplit to be annoying as well as the jack. I actually took the e2c buds off the cables and mounted them to my iPhone headset and I like them. I say wait for theApple ones and check them out for $80 they sound like a good deal.

Originally Posted by One Love

Shes luckyy
People always on my case about spending a lot of money on headphones, especially my dad...says he cant tell the difference
smh.gif

Tired of these sony headphones failing on me,so ill probably get my 1st pair of shures tomorrow.

devil.gif
Trust me. Those Dr. Dre headphones are so overrated. Bose QC2 are much better. This is coming from someone who isn't even a Bose guy. ThoseV700 you have are generally used for DJ's, but they have awesome bass.

Originally Posted by AusZero

I would check out the new apple in ears. I'm a sound engineer and have a pair of Shure e2c's and while they are not bad they're not the best thing in the world. If you're a true audiophile then you're going to want to look for a dual driver system. Apples new in ears have separate tweeters and woofers which deliver better sound. I haven't listened to them but they look promising for the price ($80). Shure's dual driver earbuds run around $250. Shure dose have better build quality and thicker cables but I personally find that the thicker cables are cumbersome and the joint where left and right split to be annoying as well as the jack. I actually took the e2c buds off the cables and mounted them to my iPhone headset and I like them. I say wait for the Apple ones and check them out for $80 they sound like a good deal.
The new Shurre Se530 has a triple driver system. Two tweeders and one sub. Sound quality is amazing.

Shure products are AMAZING.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I would def recommend it. I used em every day for 8hr at work, theyre really comfortable once you get the right fit and they block out all the soundaround you)

Im looking into getting the 400 series. I saw em on ebay for 200 bucks. Im a dj. SO I WANT EM.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by One Love

Shes luckyy
smh.gif

devil.gif
Trust me. Those Dr. Dre headphones are so overrated. Bose QC2 are much better. This is coming from someone who isn't even a Bose guy. Those V700 you have are generally used for DJ's, but they have awesome bass.

ive tried the QC3 at the bose store and theyre
pimp.gif
, if i had a choice id pick them over the QC2 simply because of the size
I might be getting the Dre headphones in a month or two but now that you reminded me of the QCs...
Do you know how the bass compares to the Dres? Theyre supposed to handle the Lows and Highs better than any set out there...

I've owned the SE530s for one year now. In terms of durability, they last very long. After a few months, some people might have problems with the wirescracking in the high-flex areas. This is because the oils from the skin and the rubber in the wires blend, making the wires more stiffer. This is coveredunder the warranty, though. (I think)

The only Shure earphones I would buy are the SE530s. The bass is hard, tight and very accurate. Don't get the PTH unit. You'll try it out once thenprobably never ever use it again. Keep in mind that these headphones are best used for listening to lossless quality music. Otherwise, you will not hear thefull capabilities of your expensive earpeices.

The best in-ear earphones you could probably buy are the Ultimate Ears UE-11 pro, which are custom molded to your ear canals. They have one driver each fromhighs and mids, and two for bass. That makes for an extremely accurate reproduction of sound.

my e2c's lasted 2+ years before they finally frayed at the part where they loop your ear. got some sennheisers to replace them temporarily, but i know mynext purchase will be shure

Those Dr Dre head phones are overrated/overpiced since theyre by monster. I was looking for headphones this past summer and compared to the bose over the earhead phones and they sounded about the same except the bose ones were about $175 cheaper.

I only use Shures for my music players..... the EC3 series was probably the best ever made as far as quality and durability. they also came with a lifetimewarranty but they dont make them anymore. I'm on my 2nd pair using the SE series and they are fantastic. I tend to tug on my cord a bit and the wire isloosening up. I spoke to Shure and they are sending over a new set. They have a great warranty and customer service. I definitely reccomend them

I've owned two pairs: SE210 and E2C's

The E2C's lasted me a good 2+ years and they were so amazing when I got them.

Then I upgraded to the SE210's. I like them a lot because they fit my 2.5G iPhone's recessed jack.

Sound quality is second to none, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom