How good can Tyreke Evans be?

Originally Posted by swizzc

Coming from someone who has watched every single Kings game this year, I can give you a pretty good idea of where Reke is headed as a player in this league.

First off, this dude WILL win rookie of the year, no doubt in my mind. You can take that to the bank.

Tyreke has an incredible knack for getting to the rim. The guy can literally take ANYONE off the dribble and get to the hoop, and he'd only been in the league for 6 weeks. His jumper is getting better by the game (this is coming from consistantly working on it every day after practice with Pete Carrill, who said this guy literally has no ceiling as a player). Already he is the BEST defender on the Kings, and his basketball IQ is off the charts for a 20 year old.

A big area for improvement I see for Tyreke is his finishing ability around the rim. Because of the aformentioned lack of total explosiveness, Tyreke usually doesn't dunkw hen finishing a play. This leads him to miss 1-2 easy layups a game which he should be finishing on. If he can get this problem worked out (its a problem that Jason Thompson has a well) and also work on improving his mid-range/threball, the kid will literally be unstopabble.

Go Kings, %#%* the Lakers.
True true, he deserves ROTY but the NBA hypes up BJ and he gets all the publicity. Ive watched all of the kings games too. There looking real goodI cannot wait to see the get back in to the playoffs. My friend is friends with some king players and the call Tyreke "pops' because of his IQ. Hedoes have the mentality of a veteran. He has changed his shot a lot from that palm ball to a better form and his shooting is improving. Both Thomp and him needto start unleashing more at some times it seems like they are too shy to dunk it. They just need one free agent pickup and a good pick in 2010 and they will bea contender.

^ yea but when i watch espn its always brandon jennings. I like the kid but hes getting too much hype. Tyreke is on the down low and hes playing just as goodif not better than BJ.

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

Originally Posted by swizzc

Coming from someone who has watched every single Kings game this year, I can give you a pretty good idea of where Reke is headed as a player in this league.

First off, this dude WILL win rookie of the year, no doubt in my mind. You can take that to the bank.

Tyreke has an incredible knack for getting to the rim. The guy can literally take ANYONE off the dribble and get to the hoop, and he'd only been in the league for 6 weeks. His jumper is getting better by the game (this is coming from consistantly working on it every day after practice with Pete Carrill, who said this guy literally has no ceiling as a player). Already he is the BEST defender on the Kings, and his basketball IQ is off the charts for a 20 year old.

A big area for improvement I see for Tyreke is his finishing ability around the rim. Because of the aformentioned lack of total explosiveness, Tyreke usually doesn't dunkw hen finishing a play. This leads him to miss 1-2 easy layups a game which he should be finishing on. If he can get this problem worked out (its a problem that Jason Thompson has a well) and also work on improving his mid-range/threball, the kid will literally be unstopabble.

Go Kings, %#%* the Lakers.
True true, he deserves ROTY but the NBA hypes up BJ and he gets all the publicity. Ive watched all of the kings games too. There looking real good I cannot wait to see the get back in to the playoffs. My friend is friends with some king players and the call Tyreke "pops' because of his IQ. He does have the mentality of a veteran. He has changed his shot a lot from that palm ball to a better form and his shooting is improving. Both Thomp and him need to start unleashing more at some times it seems like they are too shy to dunk it. They just need one free agent pickup and a good pick in 2010 and they will be a contender.

It's not like Milwaukee is a media darling either. I'd say BJ has more on-screen charisma that might give him a slight favorable push.

he's doing amazing on my fantasy team for a free agent pickup

pimp.gif

BJ and Reke are both valuable in their own different ways.
If you're looking to start off with an true point, i would go with jennings.
if you're looking to build an team whose versatility dominates the other team by creating matchup problems, reke would be your man.

All that Kings team needs to do is trade KMart and get a solid player to compliment Reke and Jason Thompson then that team could be a problem in a coupleyears.

^ I guess you didnt know Kevin Martin was dropping 30.6ppg smh
he said to add a player to compliment...kevin martin does not compliment tyreke or thompsons game...hes not a good passer...kills ballmovement..tyreke and thompson is their future

big advantage for him if he stays at the 1, probably will be longer and bigger then most of the guards he plays on a nightly basis

^ I guess you didnt know Kevin Martin was dropping 30.6ppg smh

At what expense? He dominates the ball too much. I don't think it's a coincidence that Reke was having a slow start to the year until Martin went down.Not to mention his game is a little too one-dimensional for my liking, plus he's very injury prone.

I see ur point now he only scores. They should be able to get good value for him (1st rd pick) or a few solid players. They would have good potential maybe ifthey pick up a 2010 FA too.

Some people have never watched a Kings game since the Webber days. Seriously. Kevin Martin is the most efficient SG in the league and people are complainingthat he will take the ball away from Tyreke. With Tyreke's driving ability, KMart will be finally get his FG% back to 45+% and he won't have to forceit on offense anymore.

People. Who were the starting SF and C for the Kings when both Tyreke and Kevin started together in the first 5 games? EXACTLY. One isn't even on the teamand the other gets 0 PT. This has been discussed every time by the way. Refer to earlier pages and the Trade Kevin Martin Thread. Thanks.

^no one is doubting KM.
what you dont understand, is that they both wont be able to share the damn backcourt. they both need the ball to be effective, and Reke has only broken outsince Martin was out.
pretty much what happened with love and al jeff last year. two players that play the same position, one has to go.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^no one is doubting KM.
what you dont understand, is that they both wont be able to share the damn backcourt. they both need the ball to be effective, and Reke has only broken out since Martin was out.
pretty much what happened with love and al jeff last year. two players that play the same position, one has to go.
Most people on NT and some Kings fans consider Martin to be injury prone and therefore should get traded. I am probably one of the biggest Martindefenders on the board so I do get riled up when people say he should get traded. I agree that they pretty much play the same position so sharing the ballmight be a problem. However, they have only played 5 games together and one of them Tyreke got injured so I think a little more time must be given beforeserious trade talks get brought up.

Grant Hill and T-Mac played the same position too and we never got to see how good they could have made the Magic. As a Kings fan, I want to see something atleast. Good or bad.

Back
Top Bottom