How good of a year was 2010 for Hip Hop?

You all are hilarious. "Another bad year for hip-hop" then proceed to list 6-7 albums and mixtapes you liked.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

CeCe wrote:
You all are hilarious. "Another bad year for hip-hop" then proceed to list 6-7 albums and mixtapes you liked.
grin.gif

in a 12 month span that's lackluster. What's wrong with you foo
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think this is a stupid question though, unless you're refering just to Mainstream stuff. Out of all the great underground / internet music that comes out everyday, if you can't find atleast 24 albums / mixtapes in a year that you really like, you're doing something wrong.
There's never a bad year for the Hip-Hop fan if you know where to look, and what to avoid. You might argue it's a bad year when guys like Lil Wayne & Drake & Gucci get majority of the shine, but that doesn't affect what I listen to in no way. I couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

CeCe wrote:
grin.gif

in a 12 month span that's lackluster. What's wrong with you foo
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I think this is a stupid question though, unless you're refering just to Mainstream stuff. Out of all the great underground / internet music that comes out everyday, if you can't find atleast 24 albums / mixtapes in a year that you really like, you're doing something wrong.
There's never a bad year for the Hip-Hop fan if you know where to look, and what to avoid. You might argue it's a bad year when guys like Lil Wayne & Drake & Gucci get majority of the shine, but that doesn't affect what I listen to in no way. I couldn't care less.

IDC about the people who say it was lackluster.

I bought 3 albums, thats the most i've bought in a year since who knows when.

I'm picky and don't listen to much in rap/hip hop. But this was definitely a memorable year. Good Fridays? Come on.... Kanye has had the net going nuts every Friday. Not to mention an amazing album.

Maybe I'm just too much of a Cole stan, but the amount of music from Cole this year was a good look as well.

And I'll say it again, IDC what anyone says. Recovery was a great album.

Compared to most years, this has been a good one IMHO.

IDC about the people who say it was lackluster.

I bought 3 albums, thats the most i've bought in a year since who knows when.

I'm picky and don't listen to much in rap/hip hop. But this was definitely a memorable year. Good Fridays? Come on.... Kanye has had the net going nuts every Friday. Not to mention an amazing album.

Maybe I'm just too much of a Cole stan, but the amount of music from Cole this year was a good look as well.

And I'll say it again, IDC what anyone says. Recovery was a great album.

Compared to most years, this has been a good one IMHO.

Recovery
Legend of Mr Rager
Kanye- GOOD Fri. + CD
NERD
Kush & OJ
Pilot Talk
Friday Night Lights

that's pretty much the projects i've been most pleased with this year

Still looking forward to Pilot Talk 2 and listening to MBDTF

Recovery
Legend of Mr Rager
Kanye- GOOD Fri. + CD
NERD
Kush & OJ
Pilot Talk
Friday Night Lights

that's pretty much the projects i've been most pleased with this year

Still looking forward to Pilot Talk 2 and listening to MBDTF

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by awwsome

FAR FROM One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif
fixed. how old are yall ?
1996: Reasonable Doubt. All Eyez on Me. It Was Written. Pac released Hit 'Em Up. The Score. ATLiens. E. 1999 Eternal. 

1997:Supa Dupa Fly. No Way Out. Life After Death. In My Lifetime. 

1998: Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life. The Miseducation. DMXs FRESHMAN AND SOPHMORE ALBUM ! AQUEMINI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by awwsome

FAR FROM One of the best in my lifetime.

This.

Simply incredible.

Not even on the mainstream level. Wiz. Dom. KRIT. Yelawolf. Tyga. L.E.$. Currensy.  Chris Brown came back.

Too much to name dude.

I called it a few months ago but some said i was premature... I think its fair to assume the fans won big in 2010.

Drake went Plat. Nicki revamped the mainstream female MC scene. Wayne showed artists how to be gone and never leave. Jay-Z made major moves. 50 showed more promise. Lloyd Banks is on the verge of releasing a banger. New NERD album. B.O.B. showed his @@!. Bun B got major play.

First single from Detox
grin.gif
laugh.gif
fixed. how old are yall ?
1996: Reasonable Doubt. All Eyez on Me. It Was Written. Pac released Hit 'Em Up. The Score. ATLiens. E. 1999 Eternal. 

1997:Supa Dupa Fly. No Way Out. Life After Death. In My Lifetime. 

1998: Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life. The Miseducation. DMXs FRESHMAN AND SOPHMORE ALBUM ! AQUEMINI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Back
Top Bottom