How good will the Raptors be next season?

As the title says, how well do you think the Raptors will do? At first I thought they were going to have another season to forget, but with the additions ofMarco and Hedo, I'm foreseeing 45 wins. How bout you NT?

Bosh, Hedo, Calderon, and DeRozan?

They'll be a 5 or 6 seed in the East in my opinion.

Honestly I have no idea...the numbers say not very good.

But I don't know.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Bosh, Hedo, Calderon, and DeRozan?

They'll be a 5 or 6 seed in the East in my opinion.

what the hell

what teams that made the playoffs last year in the east got worse?

It's not that anyone got worse, it's that they got better. All you need is around 40 wins to get a 6 seed in the East.

Originally Posted by Gregory House

No championship, that's for sure.
True, but Bosh, Calderon, Hedo, Bargnani, Marco, and DeRozan?

Surely they can't be THAT bad...

Top 3 teams in the East will be the Celtics, Magic and Cavs.

The Bucks, Knicks, Pacers and Nets have 0 chance at making the playoffs.

That leaves the Raptors, Hawks, Heat, 76ers, Wizard, Bulls, Pistons, Bobcats all fighting for the other 5 playoff spots.

Best case scenario for the Raptors is 4th place. Unless they finish 4th or 5th, they have no shot at making it past the first round of the playoffs. I like ourchances against any team outside of the top 3 in the East. Outside of the Celtics, Magic and Cavs, the East is mediocre and it'll be a complete toss up asto who gets in the playoffs.

For what its worth, I think the Raps will finish between 4th and 6th...around 45-48 wins. Scoring will come easy for this team, my concern is defense. Calderonis atrocious on D...I dont know much about Belinelli...Hedo/Bosh/Bargnani are not known for their D.

I think the team has some cap room remaining so Colangelo may sign another player to fill in the bench. I'm hoping he signs a defensive SF or SG. Unless hegets someone to play D against opposing 2s or 3s, we're gonna get lit up every night.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Top 3 teams in the East will be the Celtics, Magic and Cavs.

The Bucks, Knicks, Pacers and Nets have 0 chance at making the playoffs.

That leaves the Raptors, Hawks, Heat, 76ers, Wizard, Bulls, Pistons, Bobcats all fighting for the other 5 playoff spots.

Best case scenario for the Raptors is 4th place. Unless they finish 4th or 5th, they have no shot at making it past the first round of the playoffs. I like our chances against any team outside of the top 3 in the East. Outside of the Celtics, Magic and Cavs, the East is mediocre and it'll be a complete toss up as to who gets in the playoffs.

For what its worth, I think the Raps will finish between 4th and 6th...around 45-48 wins. Scoring will come easy for this team, my concern is defense. Calderon is atrocious on D...I dont know much about Belinelli...Hedo/Bosh/Bargnani are not known for their D.

I think the team has some cap room remaining so Colangelo may sign another player to fill in the bench. I'm hoping he signs a defensive SF or SG. Unless he gets someone to play D against opposing 2s or 3s, we're gonna get lit up every night.
If Ivaroni can turn the Phoenix suns into an average NBA defensive team it will be interesting to see what happens the Raptors.

45-37. Agree 100% with Tevez' post. There's no way we make 2nd round unless we get 4th or 5th seed.

Back
Top Bottom