How long is your commute to work?

I remember a similar thread like this and people were posting their actual routes with google maps. 

I remember someone had like a 2 hr and 30 min route then like 4 hrs with traffic. 
sick.gif

12-15 min. driving, no traffic. 30-40 min. with traffic. An hour walking and catching Bart. An hour and twenty catching MUNI and walk.

In this DMV traffic? anywhere from 30-90 mins.

This.

I am about 38 miles from work and it takes me about 40 minutes in the morning and 50-60 minutes in the evenings. Granted there is construction or an accident at least 2-3 days a week, it is normally about an hour guaranteed in the evenings.

These are good days here in the NoVA area :smh:

I can walk to work now...

Im gonna be working at the Capitol soon tho...

that DC traffic is 
sick.gif
 during rush hour

Anywhere from 10-15 minutes depending on what time I go in. To get home it takes about 20-30. This is commuting from Westwood to Santa Monica. When I lived in San Jose and worked in Santa Clara it would take like 30-35 minutes each way.

that DC traffic is 
sick.gif
 during rush hour
if i worked anywhere near the Capitol Hill/Union Station area, I'd live in Baltimore, know a few people who do too 
laugh.gif

Baltimore is much cheaper and they get travel stipends to cover the MARC costs. they live near Camden Yards and take the Camden line right to Union station. also you can drink on the trains saw lots of people having happy hour on the trains, especially on fridays
laugh.gif

that DC traffic is 
sick.gif
 during rush hour
if i worked anywhere near the Capitol Hill/Union Station area, I'd live in Baltimore, know a few people who do too 
laugh.gif

Baltimore is much cheaper and they get travel stipends to cover the MARC costs. they live near Camden Yards and take the Camden line right to Union station. also you can drink on the trains saw lots of people having happy hour on the trains, especially on fridays
laugh.gif
Yeah... I know all about it.

I live the same distance from Bmore and DC tho. My mom takes the commuter bus sometimes.

Says it saves gas money it doesnt run as frequent as the trains.

Next spot I get will probably be in that area

eek.gif
 Damn. Same commute time as my foreman. He caught traffic the other day and it took him 4 hours to get home 
Yeah, sucks living in socal and commuting into the LA. there was this oil spill a few months ago that i was caught in during the morning commute, I was on the freeway for almost 6 hours. 

30 minutes if I leave at 6am to get a lift in before work, 45 min if I leave around 7:15 and get caught in traffic.

17 min average... Can do it in 14 if I'm not slowed by other drivers... Can take up to 20 if things are bad.

20 - 25 minutes. luckily it's a reverse commute, as i travel from the city to the suburbs.

really wish my firm would move downtown though. i'd be about 5 - 10 minutes away tops.

In this DMV traffic? anywhere from 30-90 mins.

This.

I am about 38 miles from work and it takes me about 40 minutes in the morning and 50-60 minutes in the evenings. Granted there is construction or an accident at least 2-3 days a week, it is normally about an hour guaranteed in the evenings.

These are good days here in the NoVA area :smh:

Coming from SoCal those are good times. I can't imagine driving 38 miles each way.

I drive 18 and if I leave in middle of rush hour it's an hour guaranteed. One accident can double it.

My hours usually put me outside of rush hour thankfully though

usually 1 hour in the mornings. if traffic is bad or bad weather or accident on road, then I can be up there for upwards of 1 hour and 30 minutes . . . all for about a 25 miles commute.

usually i start between 6-7am on most days so the traffic is minimal
probably 5-7 mins to get to the Freeway, 5-7 Mins on the freeway and like 2 mins off it, parking etc

Back
Top Bottom