How long til we see a real black (or colored) superhero? vol. Idris Elba

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Thread like this have me convinced there is no God...I hate race and the secret battle of superiority

Bro... Stop... You're really showing your IQ...
Really what's my IQ? and let me guess yours is superior why?

Why do we need a "black" superhero BADLY, there's plenty of movies with African-American superheroes,
this thread was erected by "black shame" appealing that "we" need a hero to marvel over and say "we" have one too.
"Too" indicating there's recognizance admitting of superiority on a subconscious level, feelings of segregation and need of having a character to identify with the color of "our" skin.

I know when I was little I wore my Hulkamania blond wig and tore my yellow tee while humming his theme song...with no recognizance of "racial difference"
Just like every white kid wanted to be Mike, Jordan or Jackson.

"Race" has and always will be a social construct created by 16th century Europeans to justify chattel slavery...the effects of slavery today are "socioeconomic"problems
that children like my self didn't recognize until WE needed to become a cog in the machine of America. And in the attempt to combat "black shame" and appear equivalent
to Caucasians everything they have WE create a "black" version....which is like I said an subconscious battle for superiority.

So IF anywhere I displayed a low IQ, point it out me and my 3.8 graduate studies (Ph.d) GPA in Psychology (Social and Behavioral Sciences)
pimp.gif

Thread like this have me convinced there is no God...I hate race and the secret battle of superiority

Why do we need a "black" superhero BADLY, there's plenty of movies with African-American superheroes,
this thread was erected by "black shame" appealing that "we" need a hero to marvel over and say "we" have one too.
"Too" indicating there's recognizance admitting of superiority on a subconscious level, feelings of segregation and need of having a character to identify with the color of "our" skin.

I know when I was little I wore my Hulkamania blond wig and tore my yellow tee while humming his theme song...with no recognizance of "racial difference"

"Race" has and always will be a social construct created by 16th century Europeans to justify chattel slavery...the effects of slavery today are "socioeconomic"problems
that children like my self didn't recognize until WE needed to become a cog in the machine of America. And in the attempt to combat "black shame" and appear equivalent
to Caucasians everything they have WE create a "black" version....which is like I said an subconscious battle for superiority.

So IF anywhere I displayed a low IQ, point it out me and my 3.8 graduate studies (Ph.d) GPA in Psychology (Social and Behavioral Sciences)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TonyReali

This whole post is exactly what I'm talking about 
laugh.gif

Blankman? Meteor Man?
sick.gif

Yes these are cool movies, but no kid wants to grow up and be Meteor Man or play with his Blankman action figures... I understand that they are historically white characters, but its 2011, we can't put that past us and change up a character's ethnicity?

Hollywood has no problem replacing people with white actors.
Yeah, and you're ignoring the good examples that discredit your topic point. Blade was given three big budget movies (the first two of which were good) and a television show. Spawn was given a big budget movie as well. A Black Panther movie will more than likely come out in the next 5 years.

And why do you want to change up a character's ethnicity? I wouldn't like it if a white actor took the Black Panther role. That would just be stupid and contradict the comics just like Michael Clarke Duncan in Daredevil and Idris Elba in Thor.

I don't give a damn about Dragonball Z, but I definitely agree that the characters should have been played by actors of the appropriate ethnicity. Same with The Last Airbender, and so on. (kinda stemming off of the other thread here, too).

This whole post is exactly what I'm talking about 
laugh.gif

Blankman? Meteor Man?
sick.gif

Yes these are cool movies, but no kid wants to grow up and be Meteor Man or play with his Blankman action figures... I understand that they are historically white characters, but its 2011, we can't put that past us and change up a character's ethnicity?

Hollywood has no problem replacing people with white actors.
Yeah, and you're ignoring the good examples that discredit your topic point. Blade was given three big budget movies (the first two of which were good) and a television show. Spawn was given a big budget movie as well. A Black Panther movie will more than likely come out in the next 5 years.

And why do you want to change up a character's ethnicity? I wouldn't like it if a white actor took the Black Panther role. That would just be stupid and contradict the comics just like Michael Clarke Duncan in Daredevil and Idris Elba in Thor.

I don't give a damn about Dragonball Z, but I definitely agree that the characters should have been played by actors of the appropriate ethnicity. Same with The Last Airbender, and so on. (kinda stemming off of the other thread here, too).

pimp.gif
Mind=Blown

*Slow Clap*
... And I aint even black.

pimp.gif
Mind=Blown

*Slow Clap*
... And I aint even black.

The whole Idris Elba Norse God thing has me thinking when we will see a person of Color to crossover and play the role of the superhero.

I'm talking will we ever see a black Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, or Clark Kent in a major Motion Picture?

Discuss.
Think of this in the reverse and see how that turns out.  Imagine a white guy playing Black Panther, Spawn, or Luke Cage

The whole Idris Elba Norse God thing has me thinking when we will see a person of Color to crossover and play the role of the superhero.

I'm talking will we ever see a black Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, or Clark Kent in a major Motion Picture?

Discuss.
Think of this in the reverse and see how that turns out.  Imagine a white guy playing Black Panther, Spawn, or Luke Cage

pimp.gif

great response,

but ur avy has a black superhero

pimp.gif

great response,

Why do you want a black superhero movie?
So blacks can boast about it?
ol my president is black type steez huh bruh?
let us bee cereal.
Racial tensions are too strong for people to even take a black superhero movie serious imo.
Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure a movie wouldn't do too well if the main character of the superhero flick was black.
I mean we're talking about a generation of people who grew up watching white people save people so I think in some people's minds seeing a black superhero doing the same things as the white superman or white spiderman is funny to them. Not in a good way though.
Kanye shrug

Why do you want a black superhero movie?
So blacks can boast about it?
ol my president is black type steez huh bruh?
let us bee cereal.
Racial tensions are too strong for people to even take a black superhero movie serious imo.
Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure a movie wouldn't do too well if the main character of the superhero flick was black.
I mean we're talking about a generation of people who grew up watching white people save people so I think in some people's minds seeing a black superhero doing the same things as the white superman or white spiderman is funny to them. Not in a good way though.
Kanye shrug

pimp.gif

smokin.gif
A+

pimp.gif

smokin.gif
A+

I want to see a black superhero that isn't a stereotype or a sidekick spinoff in cinema. Spawn was a great first start. Blue Marvel is another great superhero. I would love to see a character like Steel done real justice. Steel is an interesting character .

I want to see a black superhero that isn't a stereotype or a sidekick spinoff in cinema. Spawn was a great first start. Blue Marvel is another great superhero. I would love to see a character like Steel done real justice. Steel is an interesting character .

Originally Posted by eddie

great response,

Not really, my avy is a political statement and so is my s/n...I'm fully aware the adversity I face as an African-American and our misplacement in society.
I'm current writing a book and one chapter is partially contributed to what I feel is a inter-generational example of Stockholm syndrome as a mental pandemic.

Stockholm syndrome is when a hostage forms an emotional connection with his/her captor misconceiving moments of no aggression from the captor as kindness and care.
It's similar to African-American's situation NOW, of course we're free, but this country wasn't built with our progreesion in mind. Like Tupac said "It's a white man's world"
Ripped from our acestorial roots and history wiped clean, thousands of years of customs and knowledge of the Earth (used in today's math a science) were eradicated
and viewed as "savagery" so instead being Kings and Queens we we taught Westernized culture that was meant for us, therefore how could we ever succedd? So what can we do now?
Go back to Africa NOW diluted Indian and European genealogy? We stuck here with American culture blue in our vein..sure the abuse stopped should we be grateful? Or are we infact
showing the "captor" appreciation for not treating us like out ancestors? African-American African descendants with Stockholm Syndrome in a paradoxical mental state where we're "Patriots
of our captor's country"

Isaiah Bradley is "Black Captain America" who is an original Marvel character revisited and given his own series.
He's a middle class educated African-American with no racial prejudice. When called to duty for 'his country" he went,
only to be betrayed by the country he loved with Tuskegee Air Men experiments...which was an actual event but too
graphic and horrifying for kids to read in comics.

Originally Posted by eddie

great response,

Not really, my avy is a political statement and so is my s/n...I'm fully aware the adversity I face as an African-American and our misplacement in society.
I'm current writing a book and one chapter is partially contributed to what I feel is a inter-generational example of Stockholm syndrome as a mental pandemic.

Stockholm syndrome is when a hostage forms an emotional connection with his/her captor misconceiving moments of no aggression from the captor as kindness and care.
It's similar to African-American's situation NOW, of course we're free, but this country wasn't built with our progreesion in mind. Like Tupac said "It's a white man's world"
Ripped from our acestorial roots and history wiped clean, thousands of years of customs and knowledge of the Earth (used in today's math a science) were eradicated
and viewed as "savagery" so instead being Kings and Queens we we taught Westernized culture that was meant for us, therefore how could we ever succedd? So what can we do now?
Go back to Africa NOW diluted Indian and European genealogy? We stuck here with American culture blue in our vein..sure the abuse stopped should we be grateful? Or are we infact
showing the "captor" appreciation for not treating us like out ancestors? African-American African descendants with Stockholm Syndrome in a paradoxical mental state where we're "Patriots
of our captor's country"

Isaiah Bradley is "Black Captain America" who is an original Marvel character revisited and given his own series.
He's a middle class educated African-American with no racial prejudice. When called to duty for 'his country" he went,
only to be betrayed by the country he loved with Tuskegee Air Men experiments...which was an actual event but too
graphic and horrifying for kids to read in comics.

The Green lantern should have been black. but I suspect  Ryan Reynolds was selected because he will drive up ticket sales from the females.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom