How Many Balling Shoes Do You Need?

I was wondering is anybody else like me. Someone who balls and very seldom wears the same shoe more than three times.Because of the number of kicks they own.All of them are in good condition so I know I don't need anymore. But ,I want the new LB7 and ZK5 but I know that I don't need anymore kicks. I wouldhave a lot more If I had more funds. Question is when does the addiction stop?

Sorry to say, but never. My funds is the only thing that limits me. When i was ballin on the regular..... they would all be worn, so its not like they werejust sitting in my closet.

Edit: But to answer your question a good 3 shoe rotation is all you need for balling.

I agree with andfattoo. I got a solid 3 shoe rotation. Lebron IV, Lebron VI, Soldier III. I wear different ones depending on how I feel like playing for theday lol.

I just use 2. Penny IVs and Jordan XIVs. I don't really ball that often and when I do it's usually outdoors so I don't really spend a lot of moneyor wear new kicks to play in.

i was actually wondering that myself. I use to ball quite frequently..id say 2-3 times a week. But as of late i'vebeen only ballin once a week. I'm 24 years old...marriage/kids/family is right around the corner. I'm not goin to be able to ball whenever i want.

And i keep finding myself buyin shoes for the "future" , just shoes to ball in. I'm not counting all the other stuff i by for casual wear.

I currently have about 10-12 pairs in the rotation for indoor basketball. And I have another 20-30 DS on deck.

I copped all my favorite ballin shoes prior to the zk4s. This includes...2k4s, flight huaraches, 2k5s, zkIs, zkIIs, Lebron IIs, AZGs, Penny I, Penny IV, etc

Do I really need that much? I'm thinkin bout downsizing.

I play 2-3 times a week and have about 30-35 pairs of hoop only shoes. I'm 39 yrs old and my playing days are nearly over. I can't wear all the shoes Ihave now, but I still want more and more! I have tried to cut back on buying hoopin shoes, but I know I will be getting the Space Jams, Kobe Vs, and the retroKG IIIs (when they go on sale). And I find myself really wanting to get the suede toe Reebok Questions that dropped this weekend!

Id say a good 3 pairs is fine i ball very frequently atleast 6-7 times a week and i always have a good 3 pair rotation with ball shoes .

Oh and btw my 3 pairs for now is ; Jordan 14 "Last shot", Kobe 4 PoP cw and i had i pair of balling hyperdunks till they were murdered a few weeksago so now i got a pair of 2K9s HOF and they arent that bad to ball in but you need a pair 3/4 cut socks for these or the back of your ankle will get cut imtrying to get a new pair of balling Hyperdunks but no time to search lately
ohwell.gif

Id say the best number would be 3 as well, I hoop in 3 and i ball about 2-4 times a week. But I use 3 because my feet are
sick.gif
and if I dont rotate, the shoes will pretty much fall apart from the smell. Ohand I rock Huarache 09, Lebron VI and Soldier III

Like 2 years ago, my knee doctor told me I HAD to have a shoe rotation. Having knee tendonitis FTL. I was playing ball everyday and had cross country 2-3 timesa week during that time as well.

I have a rotation anyway, but he told me I have to try and not to wear the same shoe after each game/session, and switch it up. I didnt really buy his info atfirst, but hey, he's the doctor so thats what I did.

do you guys also use Dr. Scholls or anything like that??

i need to up my rotation, i got the X's for outdoor

and hyperdunks for indoor and gym workouts

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Like 2 years ago, my knee doctor told me I HAD to have a shoe rotation. Having knee tendonitis FTL. I was playing ball everyday and had cross country 2-3 times a week during that time as well.

I have a rotation anyway, but he told me I have to try and not to wear the same shoe after each game/session, and switch it up. I didnt really buy his info at first, but hey, he's the doctor so thats what I did.

Well that's one reason I forgot about, I was told the same thing except I have plantar problems.

Have like 25 shoes that i rotate through, play indoors now about 3 times a week and during the summer its outdoors everyday. You def need to have shoes solelyto play outdoors in and ones just to play indoors in. Any shoe that has lunar foam is gonna stay an indoor shoe till it bottoms out. Zoom BBs, XIXs, and XIIIsare my main outdoor shoes.

i need at least another pair. using only 1 pair for indoor and outdoor right now FTL. 81 pt edition ZK1's btw

i dunno why, it's hard for me to ball if i'm not matching.

so yeah, as long as i got a shoe on deck in every possible tb color, i'm good.

(shrugs)

Originally Posted by size twelve

i dunno why, it's hard for me to ball if i'm not matching.

so yeah, as long as i got a shoe on deck in every possible tb color, i'm good.

(shrugs)
HAX3!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom