How many of you still believe that YOU will get married one day....? *Serious Discussion*

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

I think I will end up marrying someone who I don't really like and will spend most of my time at work. Of course I will love our kids but there wouldn't be anything special between my wife and I. we will wind up growing old together but not in love.

eek.gif

How the hell do you predict something like this for yourself?!

Recently broke up maybe 3 weeks ago and at first it was fine but she found someone new almost instantaneously 
indifferent.gif
and  that made me feel like love isn't real.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

I think I will end up marrying someone who I don't really like and will spend most of my time at work. Of course I will love our kids but there wouldn't be anything special between my wife and I. we will wind up growing old together but not in love.

eek.gif

How the hell do you predict something like this for yourself?!

Recently broke up maybe 3 weeks ago and at first it was fine but she found someone new almost instantaneously 
indifferent.gif
and  that made me feel like love isn't real.

Honestly I'm already married and after this divorce that I'm currently going through, i know for a fact I wI'll get married again

Honestly I'm already married and after this divorce that I'm currently going through, i know for a fact I wI'll get married again

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i do. thats something i am really looking forward to in life. just knowing that you have a partner who is willing to be there with and for you through it all.
pimp.gif

and i want a LOT of kids so i know he would have to love kids as much as i do. im not worried about those statistics. i have faith in god that i will end up with someone who can love unconditionally like i can.

You are young and you are a woman. I think it is natural for you to think/desire to be married since if you don't get married people will wonder what is up with you.

But I don't believe in unconditional love. I think there is something that can be done for you to just stop messing with that person on that level.
I agree that society "expects" women to get married etc. But how could unconditional love not exist...? look at some of our grandparents and the older couples of the world? Who would sacrifice just about anything. These are people that have been together 50 and 60 years...hanging in there until their spouse is on the death bed. What would you call that? I firmly believe in unconditional love. I'm sorry that you dont and that you have such a flawed perspective on relationships and the opposite sex.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i do. thats something i am really looking forward to in life. just knowing that you have a partner who is willing to be there with and for you through it all.
pimp.gif

and i want a LOT of kids so i know he would have to love kids as much as i do. im not worried about those statistics. i have faith in god that i will end up with someone who can love unconditionally like i can.

You are young and you are a woman. I think it is natural for you to think/desire to be married since if you don't get married people will wonder what is up with you.

But I don't believe in unconditional love. I think there is something that can be done for you to just stop messing with that person on that level.
I agree that society "expects" women to get married etc. But how could unconditional love not exist...? look at some of our grandparents and the older couples of the world? Who would sacrifice just about anything. These are people that have been together 50 and 60 years...hanging in there until their spouse is on the death bed. What would you call that? I firmly believe in unconditional love. I'm sorry that you dont and that you have such a flawed perspective on relationships and the opposite sex.

I honestly don't think i will ever get married. I hate to say that but if i don't find a girl that i am absolutely obsessed with on every level then im cool with being by myself

I think everyone makes the "look at my grandparents" arguement. They have been happily married for 65 years. But does anyone know if their grandparents ever cheated on the other? And times are soooo different. Back then it was all about find some one to marry. That was the main objective for dating anyone. Now a days there are far too many options and people willing to leave/cheat on their significant other.

There are honest and good people out there that want to find "the one" and live happily ever after. I just think the chances of that happening in this day and age are extremely slim.

I honestly don't think i will ever get married. I hate to say that but if i don't find a girl that i am absolutely obsessed with on every level then im cool with being by myself

I think everyone makes the "look at my grandparents" arguement. They have been happily married for 65 years. But does anyone know if their grandparents ever cheated on the other? And times are soooo different. Back then it was all about find some one to marry. That was the main objective for dating anyone. Now a days there are far too many options and people willing to leave/cheat on their significant other.

There are honest and good people out there that want to find "the one" and live happily ever after. I just think the chances of that happening in this day and age are extremely slim.

Back
Top Bottom