How many of you still believe that YOU will get married one day....? *Serious Discussion*

I do, although I do not feel the need to. I wouldn't mind having a relationship like Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed, just be a lifetime boyfriend and girlfriend. It won't be easy to find a woman willing to do the same though.

I do, although I do not feel the need to. I wouldn't mind having a relationship like Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed, just be a lifetime boyfriend and girlfriend. It won't be easy to find a woman willing to do the same though.

I do.

Everybody wants companionship, dudes in here tryna be too tough.

knocking up a chick instead of marrying her? why put the kid through that.

i want my wife, my kids, the dog all in the same house.

I do.

Everybody wants companionship, dudes in here tryna be too tough.

knocking up a chick instead of marrying her? why put the kid through that.

i want my wife, my kids, the dog all in the same house.

I know one day I will get married. I want to have children and want them to grow up in a two parent home. I'm not about that having kids by a dude that won't commit or having a long time boyfriend where children are conceived. I need a contract.

I know one day I will get married. I want to have children and want them to grow up in a two parent home. I'm not about that having kids by a dude that won't commit or having a long time boyfriend where children are conceived. I need a contract.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

I know one day I will get married. I want to have children and want them to grow up in a two parent home. I'm not about that having kids by a dude that won't [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]commit [/color]or having a long time boyfriend where children are conceived. I need a contract.
Episode #272-"6 Reasons Why Men Won't Commit"  - http://www.archive.org/do...ow272/macklessons272.mp3

I know one day I will get married. I want to have children and want them to grow up in a two parent home. I'm not about that having kids by a dude that won't [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]commit [/color]or having a long time boyfriend where children are conceived. I need a contract.
Episode #272-"6 Reasons Why Men Won't Commit"  - http://www.archive.org/do...ow272/macklessons272.mp3

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Now before I commit to this episode by this fool is he referring to only black men cause I will date outside my race. I know who his core audience is. Hate to say it but many, not all black men these days have a way about them when it comes to commitment and the *options* available to them. 
*flame suit on*

Now before I commit to this episode by this fool is he referring to only black men cause I will date outside my race. I know who his core audience is. Hate to say it but many, not all black men these days have a way about them when it comes to commitment and the *options* available to them. 
*flame suit on*

Originally Posted by Lamak

I hope I will got married one day. I'm a romantic and even though I can hold myself down, I would like to have someone to share my life, have kids with, etc.

Someday, hopefully. I'm comically romantic and like you, I can hold myself down...but I just know it would be better to have someone there and commit for the ride. Someone who understands me and vice versa and to share experiences, to go through thick and thin, ups and downs, start a family, and whatever else. 

I hope I will got married one day. I'm a romantic and even though I can hold myself down, I would like to have someone to share my life, have kids with, etc.

Someday, hopefully. I'm comically romantic and like you, I can hold myself down...but I just know it would be better to have someone there and commit for the ride. Someone who understands me and vice versa and to share experiences, to go through thick and thin, ups and downs, start a family, and whatever else. 

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

This pretty much.

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

This pretty much.

Nah he is just talking about why MEN won't "commit"

It is a good listen. Tell me what you think

The reason men don't commit has to do with behavioral genetics. This whole marriage thing is essentially us going against our natural instincts. Women on the other hand have more to gain fitness-wise by having a man commit (biological clock, they want to optimize the attention and resources they can provide-and monogamy maximizes this). There is a lot that goes into the equation of whether a man is more likely to be a rolling stone or a one-woman man. A man that is highly sought after (Alpha male) is more likely to cheat and have many children by multiple women.

-There is an example of this reversed in the animal kingdom in a certain bird species, where the male is actually the one that stuck around and the female went out looking for multiple mates. I miss my Animal Behavior class.
ohwell.gif

Nah he is just talking about why MEN won't "commit"

It is a good listen. Tell me what you think

The reason men don't commit has to do with behavioral genetics. This whole marriage thing is essentially us going against our natural instincts. Women on the other hand have more to gain fitness-wise by having a man commit (biological clock, they want to optimize the attention and resources they can provide-and monogamy maximizes this). There is a lot that goes into the equation of whether a man is more likely to be a rolling stone or a one-woman man. A man that is highly sought after (Alpha male) is more likely to cheat and have many children by multiple women.

-There is an example of this reversed in the animal kingdom in a certain bird species, where the male is actually the one that stuck around and the female went out looking for multiple mates. I miss my Animal Behavior class.
ohwell.gif

And Tariq said why does it have to be "committ." IN every other part of life, the word commit is something that is linked to negativity.

Commit a violation
Commit a crime
Commit a murder

So he said subconsciously it sounds like something undesirable from the jump

And Tariq said why does it have to be "committ." IN every other part of life, the word commit is something that is linked to negativity.

Commit a violation
Commit a crime
Commit a murder

So he said subconsciously it sounds like something undesirable from the jump

Back
Top Bottom