how much do you care about the box, shoetrees and papers?

how much do you care about the box, shoetrees and papers? personally, i care them as much as i do for my shoes. i just feel like those are being part of thecollection and are something u pay for. sometimes i would not want to buy the sneakers just because the box was mess up. is it just me or you guys thought thesame too. please share your thought.

You need the box to keep your kicks fresh, so the box is almost as important as the sneaks... as for the paper i always take it out and throw it away.

Shoeboxes & inserts are industry standard. Even Payless & Wal-Mart gives you a box and paper/insert to keep shoes crease-free and stored. The SpaceJams are the most overrated release that JB has done this decade in terms of price. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that I was fortunate enoughto get a pair on launch day at retail, but the box, tissue paper, and shoe inserts didn't justify a $50 price hike. More than a few people have stateddispleasure about it not being as good as the 2000 release. Just look at LeBron's line. His last few flagship shoes had a slipcase box and they were atleast $30 or so lower than the incarnations of the Air Jordans that were released over the same amount of time for the most part. The LeBron IV was afoamposite shoe, could've retailed higher, but was cheaper than regular foamposites & some Jordan shoes, and had updated foamposite to boot. The LeBronVII is the first of his line to hit Jordanesque pricing and he's been pushed harder than Jordan ever was, yet his shoes didn't hustle customer like theSpace Jam 2009s. JB likely did the price hike to cover the Jordan 2009's flop in addition to capitalizing on the XI's fanbase.

I keep the papers, shoe tree, etc.
pimp.gif

Not much at all.

I'm gonna be wearing the shoes anyway.

It's not like I'll be taking the box and/or inserts with me every time I wear my shoes.

shoetrees?!
roll.gif
papers?!
roll.gif

get at me, i got plenty for sale.
roll.gif
i'll trade you my ds shoetrees/papers for your shoes.

It's all important to me.

I've gotten into arguments with footlocker employees because they write on the box with markers after I clearly asked them not too.

I immediately demand for a new pair in which they start copping attitude, which eventually leads to a discussion with the manager.

End results - I get what I want...

I care about the box only for storing and collecting reasons. It helps keep the shoes fresh. If I decide to sale the shoes oneday, having everything the shoesoriginally came with adds to the price value.

I only care about the box.. And that is because I keep them in there.

I also care for the box to stay in good shape (which never happens) because I stack the boxes.. Unfortunately I never figured out how to correctly without theboxes bending and having a crazy lean, where one touch causes a domino effect.

Originally Posted by eltouha

all straight to the bin. unnecessary clutter. i keep my shoes on a shelf.

Leavin ya shoes on a shelf allows dust, sun, and bad air to attack ya kicks causing early yellowing, corrosion, and separation the glue and all other bidingsfor the shoe will get damaged

Back
Top Bottom