How Much Does The Barber Get For A Tip?

i know, dumb question.  i've been cutting my own hair for the last however many years, and do a decent job.  but now i'm almost 30 and am tired of doing it myself.  i like the clean, even line-up the barber gives.  so i went to the barbershop last monday and found a good one on 1st try.  i get the simple short cut w/ the line-up.  i gave him a $7 tip.  i thought i didn't give enough but he was happy.  is that a good amount or is the barber supposed to get more?  i understand the chair rent, equipment, etc.

thanks in advance.

i know, dumb question.  i've been cutting my own hair for the last however many years, and do a decent job.  but now i'm almost 30 and am tired of doing it myself.  i like the clean, even line-up the barber gives.  so i went to the barbershop last monday and found a good one on 1st try.  i get the simple short cut w/ the line-up.  i gave him a $7 tip.  i thought i didn't give enough but he was happy.  is that a good amount or is the barber supposed to get more?  i understand the chair rent, equipment, etc.

thanks in advance.

depends on how good they do. They charge 13 or 15 and they cut well or line up my mustache or clean up neck hairs without me having to ask then they get more.

or the one old head that brought out the RAZON and lined me up. If i had more than a dub at the time he woulda got a bigger tip

depends on how good they do. They charge 13 or 15 and they cut well or line up my mustache or clean up neck hairs without me having to ask then they get more.

or the one old head that brought out the RAZOR and lined me up. If i had more than a dub at the time he woulda got a bigger tip

or the one old head that brought out the RAZOR and lined me up. If i had more than a dub at the time he woulda got a bigger tip

or the one old head that brought out the RAZON and lined me up. If i had more than a dub at the time he woulda got a bigger tip

it depends on how good the haircut is and how expensive it is. I tipped the barber where I used to live before I moved between 3 and 5 bucks cause he was good and it only cost 12 bucks on the days they have specials. My new place has a barbershop that charges 25 dollars a cut. I got a shape up for 15 and told my man to fall back on the tip.
laugh.gif

it depends on how good the haircut is and how expensive it is. I tipped the barber where I used to live before I moved between 3 and 5 bucks cause he was good and it only cost 12 bucks on the days they have specials. My new place has a barbershop that charges 25 dollars a cut. I got a shape up for 15 and told my man to fall back on the tip.
laugh.gif

I'm used to paying $15 or $20, so I usually give 15 if its anything <14, and 20 if its anything <19

I'm used to paying $15 or $20, so I usually give 15 if its anything <14, and 20 if its anything <19

Last couple times I got haircuts, I got my friends to do it. I offer them like 5 bucks but none of them take it.

Back
Top Bottom