How much help do you get from your parents?

Be honest.

I'm 22, I work, I'm still in school and I live at home. I pay for everything I want and need myself except except water, gas, power, my car insurance and sometimes food if my mom cooks, but most of the time I pay for my own food. I really dont like the idea of taking money from my moms expecially since she's struggling enough already, so I RARELY take help (money) from my mom unles I'm in dire need.

I plan on moving out as soon as I get my car fixed up and back on the road and when I finish school, so that should be by the time I turn 23 in June.

I'm just wondering:

- How old are you?
- How much help do you get from your parents?
- Do you have a lot of extra spending money by the time you're done paying your bills each month?
- Do you have a low, average or high paying job?

I have a job and i hardly take any money from my parents. Pretty had a job since i was 15 yrs old.

Originally Posted by airkeung88

I have a job and i hardly take any money from my parents. Pretty had a job since i was 15 yrs old.

Pretty much..I'm 21 now and live in a apartment with my girl (for now) besides helping with the rent a couple times and paying my car insurance
that's all the help I get ...

I live with my father and I'm 23...
I was going to move out but my stepmother (well ex-stepmother) left him...
My Dad is 60 years old and has some health issues so I will probably be staying with him for a while just because I really don't like the thought of him living alone...
Especially because he is going through some tough times right now...
but we split the rent...
I pay all my bills (car payment, car insurance, cell phone, ect...)
He takes care of his bills...
I never really ask him for anything...
as far as food sometimes he hits the grocery store sometimes I do...
So its basically all costs are split...

- I'm 21.
- Financially the only time I got help from my mom was when I quit my job she paid my bills for the month
- I have a lot of extra spending money after I pay my bills
- I was making $13 per hour before I quit my job

I haven't lived at home since March of 2009 but my parents still call and ask if I need anything and I always say no

I'm 19, I don't ask my parents for anything anymore.
I pay all my living expenses (cell phone, food, car insurance etc.) while they cover tuition.

Im 20

I live with my parents, I dont pay any bills or have any bills of my own. the only thing I get from my parents is a home, Direct TV, And Transportation (2007 Chrysler 300 srt8) but If I ever needed anything they would be first to help me out, I love my parents.

I have a 4 month old son, Im not on child support but I break my BM off every week. other than that no bills.

Im currently Unemployed (for a month now) been getting a UE Check

I have a Job Interview at 10:00am 2day, that im getting ready for as im typing.

Ps, Its 8:50am where I live

Life is finally looking up for me, I just hope I get this job.

Wish me Luck
smile.gif

Most of NT will lie or not post in this thread... half of these dudes are eating real nice off their parents

- I'm 22
- I live with my parents. My dad pays my phone bill, and I_RARELY_drive but when I do I'll put some gas in the car (my parents own 2 cars). And I pay for any 'extras' I may want. Just finished school in December and I'm working full time now (2 month contract)
- I save all my money right now (I don't go out much or do anything) for a world tour I am planning for the end of this year hopefully.
- I would say I have an average paying job considering I just got out of school

I am 22 years old

I live at home with my mom and my sister who is 24. My mom is a single parent.

I am paying off my college loans (which are way too much lol) Car insurance cell phone bill and i chip in 200 a month rent (i know its next to nothing)

But I plan to move out maybe around 25 or if my mom remarrys asap. She wants me to move closer to my job (DC i live in northern MD) but wants me to take her with me. People say all the time "Your 22 and live with you mom....that sucks" But my mom works as a waitress/bar tender and needs help around the house with things. So i really don't have a problem doing it and saving money as long as she needs me around.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Most of NT will lie or not post in this thread... half of these dudes are eating real nice off their parents
Parents pay for nearly everything for me. They never went to college so me going to an elite one made them very happy and giving. 
happy.gif

I have some student loans though, but not too much to be a hindrance at all. 

- How old are you?
- Do you have a lot of extra spending money by the time you're done paying your bills each month?
- Not as much as I used to.
- Yes.
- Very high.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Be honest.

- How old are you?
-Im 21
-I live with my momma and I dont pay a single bill except my $122 phne bill...My momma is in a very comfortable position.
-I been working at UPS since I was 19 straight outta HS
-Well for a kid coming straight outta HS I'd say its high
pimp.gif
I get payed every week

My parents just bought me some land because I told them I want to move back in
laugh.gif

enough but I want more
what's considered average?

Originally Posted by JediMaster23

Im 20

I live with my parents, I dont pay any bills or have any bills of my own. the only thing I get from my parents is a home, Direct TV, And Transportation (2007 Chrysler 300 srt8) but If I ever needed anything they would be first to help me out, I love my parents.

I have a 4 month old son, Im not on child support but I break my BM off every week. other than that no bills.

Im currently Unemployed (for a month now) been getting a UE Check

I have a Job Interview at 10:00am 2day, that im getting ready for as im typing.

Ps, Its 8:50am where I live

Life is finally looking up for me, I just hope I get this job.

Wish me Luck
smile.gif
Good luck my dude..

I'm 23.
I pay:
1/2 of my mortgage (my parents bought the apartment rather than renting)
Homeowner's association fee
Utilities
Cell phone
Health Insurance
Gas/Food

They pay:
1/2 of my mortgage
my car insurance (shared plan with my dad)

Hence why I want a 2nd job so I can pay those last 2 things.

Back
Top Bottom