How much money do you save per month NT?

According to the Economic Policy Institute, more than 40% of households aged 55-64 have no retirement savings to show for.

save.png

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reti...merican/ar-AAp9bR3?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I always do my best to save in hopes of someday owning property(s). It's not easy. Something happens with car, medical expenses, washing machine ***s the bed, 4 weddings in 2 months, etc. Just thought this article could give some insight, since a lot of us have a habit of buying shoes, clothes, video games, going out to the club, or whatever your crutch might me.

Im at about 500/ month straight to savings.

And my bank also has his thing where anytime I swipe, one buck goes to my savings. It adds up.

In regards to "forced savings" I max out my 401k and IRA every year.

Discretionary savings it varies but I take a portion of my compensation every month and save/invest it.

Rainy day is real.

Been saving for years, rainy day came and im still sitting good. I could handle a couple more rainy days and still be good (hopefully not tho)

Two retirement plans and no real savings.

I’m putting away around $700/Mo until I get a solid cushion for a rainy day.

Took me 3 1/2 years to pay off my student loans and car. Im completely debt free with a very nice credit score but i do not have any savings. Just started about 6 months ago. Ive been putting away 1K a month away. My goal is to have 30K before 30 ill be 27 in September.

put a dollar away for every hour I work, so 40 dollars a week or 160 a month. Then also a set amount comes out of my pay check every two weeks and goes straight to savings.

Speaking of savings any one here use Ally for the "higher" interest rate?

My bank is offering 1.20% for a limited time. Once that stops moving all the cash to GS Bank probably.

whatever i have left at the end of the month once everything has been paid basically.

Dropped 11 bandz in my IRA over the past few months (2016 & 2017 max).

Plan on maxing every year from here on, don't have any secondary savings tho...

Back
Top Bottom