How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

Pay the extra and live in a nice area so your kids can go public. Big issue in LA, private vs public.
this is what we did
That's just paying for school indirectly from paying the high property taxes

basically. but sending a 6 yr old to a 1k a month private school jus didnt seem worthwhile. besides there was 0 diversity at the 2 we looked at in our area. now my daughters in a Spanish immeesion program at the public kindergarten. so far so good

Pay the extra and live in a nice area so your kids can go public. Big issue in LA, private vs public.
we've considered that. it's still on the table. and actually, we could sell our condo and get a decent townhouse in an area where there are great public elementary schools but then the traffic and commute becomes a huge issue. we're trying to get a district exemption to one of the better public schools but it's almost impossible. we live in a nice building, it's just that downtown honolulu has crap public schools.

My cousins went to Sacred Heart & Kamehameha though! I used to be super jealous of them!
my son is currently in kamehameha preschool. it's a bargain for 3k/ year. if he gets into kamehameha for kindergarten, we might go that route.

Punahou is a great school! It's like the Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas.

But if you're kid grows up and is into football and sports in general... Kahuku is the school to go!

Yea I assumed an engagement ring is the ring u give before a wedding ring? I'm new at this b :/

Technically it's 2 rings but in a set...the engagment ring is the larger more fancy ring she can show off...then the smaller band is what you put on her finger at the wedding...

I spent 3500 for my wife's set...went with brown (chocolate levian) diamonds and rose gold...

I spent about $1800 for the engagement and wedding ring combined and I feel like a sucker. I can't even imagine the three month BS. Let alone 1 month.

High property taxes that you get to write off though.

Ecook is right, it's the better move.

Exactly. Write offs forever.

we've considered that. it's still on the table. and actually, we could sell our condo and get a decent townhouse in an area where there are great public elementary schools but then the traffic and commute becomes a huge issue. we're trying to get a district exemption to one of the better public schools but it's almost impossible. we live in a nice building, it's just that downtown honolulu has crap public schools.

my son is currently in kamehameha preschool. it's a bargain for 3k/ year. if he gets into kamehameha for kindergarten, we might go that route.

Good, at least it's top of mind. A lot of LA people don't even realize until it's too late.

Punahou is a great school! It's like the Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas.

But if you're kid grows up and is into football and sports in general... Kahuku is the school to go!

So it's no Mater Dei hahahaha!

hold up...what?!!!

Marriage and ecook in the same sentence?

Hahahaha, fly out and let's catch an Arsenal match. Prices are down of course smh.

Fam is working in Switzerland now, right?

A Swiss chick snatched him up. Happens all the time to us delicious NT homies.

Lmao, the scenery is just too nice! What's good with you bro?

I bought mine a few months ago. Got about 70% off because I gotta friend that owns a jewelry store. If I didn't, I would have went through Blue Nile or Costco. They had the best prices and quality but after ring shopping and doing my homework, it's a ****in crime how much they charge for these ****in things. The markup is crazy as hell.

IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG

The whole "save 3 months worth of your paycheck" was all BS, made up by the industry so you drop serious cash :smh: I spent a lil more than I wanted, only because the canadian dollar was garbage (All diamonds are priced in USD. Something I didnt know)

Most people buy the wedding band later since it's usually a year or years away.

That three month **** is BS. I just bought what I thought was reasonable and what I could afford.

I've heard "Traditional" advice is to spend 2 month's salary. My Fiance was very satisfied with it. Rose Gold ring and cushion cut Diamond.

Ordered a CONFLICT FREE DIAMOND from James Allen rings. She was very adamant in getting it from an ethical distributor.

Anyone purchased their engagement ring from brilliant earth? How was the service?

Ordered her engagement ring via Brilliant earth. It arrived earlier this morning. Natural sapphire with diamonds in a rose gold halo setting.

I don't plan on proposing until the holidays, so it's gonna be real tough keeping it a secret for the next couple of months...:lol:

Ordered her engagement ring via Brilliant earth. It arrived earlier this morning. Natural sapphire with diamonds in a rose gold halo setting.

I don't plan on proposing until the holidays, so it's gonna be real tough keeping it a secret for the next couple of months...:lol:

Why do you think it will be tough?

Why do you think it will be tough?

She's wanted to get married for a while now, and I've been willing to wait--and this has resulted in a few arguments; so it's going to be tough to keep this a secret for a few more months knowing how bad she wants it. Also, and honestly, I really want to see the look on her face when I propose, so a part of me doesn't want to draw it out any further.

Back
Top Bottom