How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

She's wanted to get married for a while now, and I've been willing to wait--and this has resulted in a few arguments; so it's going to be tough to keep this a secret for a few more months knowing how bad she wants it. Also, and honestly, I really want to see the look on her face when I propose, so a part of me doesn't want to draw it out any further.

Interesting.

How do the arguments come about?

Is it folks around her that are in her ear?

I have to get my wife a replacement after insurance pays us out. Thinking about getting something less than what I paid initially and I'm going to put the rest towards a vacation.

Anybody got engaged lately? Where did you do your shopping? I'm leaning towards James Allen, but I'm also thinking of going the custom route.

I'm also going with a lab made diamond, which more than halves the cost of the ring.

how hard is it to tell lab diamond from a natural one? not under a loupe. like just casually talking to someone at dinner or something. you can't even tell, right?

It is impossible to tell a lab diamond from one made in the dirt whether to the naked eye, or under a microscope. They are both made by the same process, one (lab) is just sped up.

With a lab diamond I am able to buy a larger ring at the fraction of the cost.

You can also look into moissanite if your partner is into that.

i'm not in the market for a ring. i got a nice diamond for my wife we we got engaged and she's very happy with it. i def see where it's a good idea to be budget conscious before getting married. tho. for myself, 2 kids later, i'm glad we did everything within reason with the rings and wedding. for us, it's better to afford a nice school for my kids and extracurricular activities rather than my wife walking around with a big rock that i woulda had to pay off.

I have to get my wife a replacement after insurance pays us out. Thinking about getting something less than what I paid initially and I'm going to put the rest towards a vacation.
What happened to the original?
We have ours insured and they made it seem like it was such an easy process if the ring was every casually lost

Anybody got engaged lately? Where did you do your shopping? I'm leaning towards James Allen, but I'm also thinking of going the custom route.

I'm also going with a lab made diamond, which more than halves the cost of the ring.

Went custom with a SF jeweler we have known for decades

Here you go boys, you will thank me later. There are many benefits to getting a synthetic diamond. Generally cheaper so you can get something huge. I bought an >2 carat diamond from here and custom fitted it on a ring from a local jewelry store. There's also the benefit of avoiding the whole problematic diamond industry.

So do y'all tell your lady it's lab created or nah?
Yes. My girl knew nothing about diamonds, so I taught her everything I know. I told her I would never buy her a mined diamond because I can’t support it.

You have to honest with yourself and your partner. No sense starting your marriage by being disingenuous or dishonest.

Anyone who wants a mined diamond over a lab is essentially saying they want to spend more to get less, while potentially supporting child labor. I can’t get with that.

husband got my engagement ring + wedding band from brilliant earth. it's a bit cheaper than james allen!
you get more bang for your buck with a lab diamond - it's the same physical properties and such than an earth mined diamond.
i let him know that i would've been furious if he spent more than necessary. :lol: the only thing i cared about was the engagement ring being a reasonable price, and the effort he put into finding my ring.

My sister's nephew was set to get married over a year from now,. The venue they wanted originally had an opening next month so they took it. Apparently he has no ring though. He let her pick it out after their engagement thinking there was plenty of time to have it made.

I dropped 3k at Zales on one od the Disney collection joints, she gonna have to run me that back too I’ll let her continue to cook for maybe a month but I can pawn/resell/trade in that joint

My sister's nephew was set to get married over a year from now,. The venue they wanted originally had an opening next month so they took it. Apparently he has no ring though. He let her pick it out after their engagement thinking there was plenty of time to have it made.
No ring lol this won’t end well, time management and money management skills already in question and they haven’t gotten married yet

Back
Top Bottom