How OD are walmart locations around your way?

I got one about 2 minuets away from me...and then one about 4 miles East and the next is 4 miles West...so 3 walmarts within 8 or so miles of each other...

Actually there's not a close one around here. However there's grip of Target branches though.

There's one in my town that was just built. It caused quite an uproar among the residents. They are way OD expanding out here for sure.

y'all that don't got them are lucky. its more of a sprawling suburban situation with the open land. they've been ruthless in my area.

i hate wal-mart....but there is none in my area closest is maybe 20 miles away i live in wheaton, MD....but i got that target right by my crib tho

I live in Ventura County and the Eastern half of the county is a pretty densely populated suburb of LA metro and one have one WalMart I believe. I barely shopthere. I did pick up my prescriptions there when I had very cheap insurance that did not cover prescriptions. The place is crowded but I did not find it dirty,at least not the location where I got my medicine. The place has low prices, it is crowded because they don't waste floor space and they have lower costsby having employees who are not experts on what they sell. My main complaint is that peopel there seem to not respect your personal space, peopel will cuttheir carts an inch in front of you and you don't see that in any grocery store.

As far as complaining about WalMart is certained, it smacks of either elitism or of peopel who wishes that they were part of the economic elite. In the case ofthe fromer, you can choose to not shop there. With the exception of super centers that cause massive amounts of traffic, it is no skin off of your nose that Wa Mart has the audacity to exist within 50 miles of your home. In the case of the latter, those who are themselves working class and shop there. Be glad thatyou can spend less money then you otherwise would. What would you rather be in the place all of those WalMarts, a big box store that charges doubles or abodega that charges triple for the same things. How much is flava or neighborhood identity worth to you guys?

It also amazes me how certain qualities associated with WalMart are emphasized, when similar things happen at other places but it is not fashionable to pointit out in those cases. It seems like ultimately WallMart bashing comes down to one thing, a disdain for low income people. It seems especially true when peopleuse terms like revolting or appalling or disgusting when they describe a place where people, whose parents' are not suburban San Francisco lawyers anddoctors, shop for basic items.

If you are truly from high enough income group that you rarely or never shop there, just count yourself fortunate that you have enough money taht you can shopfor food, clothes and other items at higher end stores. If you are workin gclass and bash WalMart, who are you trying to impress exactly? Or is it a case whereif you deny that low income people existand shop,you can elevate yourself and your self worth? Do you feel prosperous if you are poor and your city bansWalMarts and makes you shop at places where mom and pop charge you much more for the same items?

I personally am glad that I rarely and now never shop there because I can afford better alternatives. However, lower income people exist in this work and theyneed to buy things and why not let them buy things for as cheap as possible instead of denying that they exist acting like poverty will go away if we onlyallow high end stores to exist in the community.

They just closed one that was about a mile from my house.

Now I have the choice of 2 that are about 3 miles from my house.

Far and few between. MN is home to Target, so I can't swing a dead cat without hitting one, theyre everywhere. Its piff though because they are all supertargets and are really nice

i cant walk into a wal-mart for a long time

it has to be in & out

Many people staring @ me .....

The Whole Place Gives me a Vibe of ...... " This is what Life has come to? ....Its a Dream...wake up "

lmao

I live in Santa Clarita which is a suburb of LA north of the San Fernando Valley and I have a 24 hour walmart supercenter literally 2 mins away from where Ilive, not gonna lie though it has come in handy when I go on my inebriated adventures

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Far and few between. MN is home to Target, so I can't swing a dead cat without hitting one, theyre everywhere. Its piff though because they are all super targets and are really nice
truth, though i'm wondering why you're swinging dead cats
tongue.gif

having lots of targets > lots of walmarts.

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I live in Ventura County and the Eastern half of the county is a pretty densely populated suburb of LA metro and one have one WalMart I believe. I barely shop there. I did pick up my prescriptions there when I had very cheap insurance that did not cover prescriptions. The place is crowded but I did not find it dirty, at least not the location where I got my medicine. The place has low prices, it is crowded because they don't waste floor space and they have lower costs by having employees who are not experts on what they sell. My main complaint is that peopel there seem to not respect your personal space, peopel will cut their carts an inch in front of you and you don't see that in any grocery store.

As far as complaining about WalMart is certained, it smacks of either elitism or of peopel who wishes that they were part of the economic elite. In the case of the fromer, you can choose to not shop there. With the exception of super centers that cause massive amounts of traffic, it is no skin off of your nose that Wa Mart has the audacity to exist within 50 miles of your home. In the case of the latter, those who are themselves working class and shop there. Be glad that you can spend less money then you otherwise would. What would you rather be in the place all of those WalMarts, a big box store that charges doubles or a bodega that charges triple for the same things. How much is flava or neighborhood identity worth to you guys?

It also amazes me how certain qualities associated with WalMart are emphasized, when similar things happen at other places but it is not fashionable to point it out in those cases. It seems like ultimately WallMart bashing comes down to one thing, a disdain for low income people. It seems especially true when people use terms like revolting or appalling or disgusting when they describe a place where people, whose parents' are not suburban San Francisco lawyers and doctors, shop for basic items.

If you are truly from high enough income group that you rarely or never shop there, just count yourself fortunate that you have enough money taht you can shop for food, clothes and other items at higher end stores. If you are workin gclass and bash WalMart, who are you trying to impress exactly? Or is it a case where if you deny that low income people existand shop,you can elevate yourself and your self worth? Do you feel prosperous if you are poor and your city bans WalMarts and makes you shop at places where mom and pop charge you much more for the same items?

I personally am glad that I rarely and now never shop there because I can afford better alternatives. However, lower income people exist in this work and they need to buy things and why not let them buy things for as cheap as possible instead of denying that they exist acting like poverty will go away if we only allow high end stores to exist in the community.
Well put Rex!

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Far and few between. MN is home to Target, so I can't swing a dead cat without hitting one, theyre everywhere. Its piff though because they are all super targets and are really nice
truth, though i'm wondering why you're swinging dead cats
tongue.gif

having lots of targets > lots of walmarts.
laugh.gif
I have no idea where I picked up that saying from

Back
Top Bottom