How old is your Macbook?!

dont have one
frown.gif

Got mine mid '08.
I need a battery replacement, but other than that, it works fine.
I'll probably go ahead and buy a new one.

judging from this thread looks like macbooks have a life span of about 4 years :nerd:
And battery replacement is not uncommon. My ~2005 model needed a new on 3 months or so after AppleCare expired :lol: they still took care of me though.

If I can get two solid years from a CPU that's $2k or less then I'm not mad about that. Money well spent.

Got the 1st uni-body MBP that dropped still working flawlessly, gonna buy an iMac during black friday and sell the MBP for a current Air. I absolutly love that everytime I press power it turns on without a hiccup, nvr buying windows again :x

Mid 2010 mbp(39 months)
I've had two get my charger replaced twice and have a new logic board installed.

The repairs costs $450, but I had applecare.

Mine is from 08 .. Only problem I had was my charger went out.. Bought another one and perfect ! Not planning on buying another one no time soon :smokin

Been 4 years works great still, I also had to change the battery though.

I'll prolly give this one to my lil sister and get a new one soon

Early 2011, still works good. I started getting issues after I upgraded to OSX Lion though :smh:
And my power cord frayed and stopped working in January, dropped 80 on a new one :smh:

Got an early macbook pro 15in runs perfect except it gets hot and the fan is loud sometimes

Late 07.

Runs fine.

Except my a stopped working and now cant connect to my wifi.

Says I'm missing an airport card. Any halp??

Bought the late 2008 model used off eBay. Fan runs loud frequently. Replaced the battery.

Does anyone know of a place where I can just get a new battery connector cable installed? I dropped my laptop and bent it and the part itself is only $12 but for some reason every store I go to wants to charge me $250 +
indifferent.gif
For that price I could get the laptop I just got for my brother.
If I can get two solid years from a CPU that's $2k or less then I'm not mad about that. Money well spent.
LOLWAT?? I've been riding out with the same laptop for like 4 years now. Thats the one thing I miss about having your parents buy you things. I would have a new laptop right now

Last edited:
Early 2013 model, purchased 2 months ago

Any recommendations on preserving the battery life? I find myself leaving it on sleep instead of shutting it off. I rarely leave it plugged in for long periods of time if its fully charged.

Early 2013 model, purchased 2 months ago

Any recommendations on preserving the battery life? I find myself leaving it on sleep instead of shutting it off. I rarely leave it plugged in for long periods of time if its fully charged.

don't keep it plugged in if you don't need to charge it.

^
Laptop batteries are only good for a certain number of cycles before they need to get replaced. I never replaced my Blackbook battery in 5 years because i'm cheap and heard the replacement ones suck anyway.

Last edited:
Late 2006. Runs hot, batteries gone and won't work unless connected to charger. Basically use it for iTunes library thru Bluetooth only, have a Pc for more tedious tasks. Plan to replace it soon but at this point it's a glorified iPod.

Late 2006. Runs hot, batteries gone and won't work unless connected to charger. Basically use it for iTunes library thru Bluetooth only, have a Pc for more tedious tasks. Plan to replace it soon but at this point it's a glorified iPod.
Did you ever try to get it fixed? If so how much did they quote you for?

I still have my black macbook from 2008 as a keepsake, it's done but I miss it.
tired.gif

Copped a 13inch 2013 macbook AIR
pimp.gif

Next purchase, IPAD mini for reading on the go

had mine since 2010,

had to replace trackpad,screen, and motherboard ... thank god for applecare :lol: $4,000 = 0 balance :smokin

Back
Top Bottom