How old is your Macbook?!

Had mine since 2006 or 2007... Battery is dead, and my fan is louder than my PS3.  Most of the time doesnt even boot up anymore, a few times when you power it on and theres supposed to be the apple logo, i get this folder with a "?"... 
laugh.gif

I've since upgraded and built a semi-decent rig. i'm done with apple products tho

08 or 09 MacBook Pro (first year of unibody) it's crapping out, so slow and battery is done and it gets crazy loud and hot

Last edited:
Buying a Mac is $$ well spent, IMO.
That's what they want you to think.

Also, you could have just replaced the battery for like $100-$150.
Oh look. It's THAT guy that comes in a Mac thread to poo-poo other's preferences. Don't like Macs? Cool. I do, as do many others. I've been through plenty of PCs overs the years and not a single one of them was running the same 2 years down the road. I didn't have that issue with my MBP. So yes, based on my experiences, they're well worth the money.

And yes, obviously I could've replaced the battery. But I had the money to spend and I wanted to upgrade. Any issue with that?

I already stated that I own a mac, so idk wth you're talking about.

I was being sarcastic, so no need to get your jimmies rustled.

15in MBP unibody Owned mine for 2 years...best decision I ever made.... I dont use it that heavily. Im getting an iPad later this year for the portability. My job gave us HP Laptops with Windows 2010, and a Samsung Tablet with Windows 8....both arent worth a damn and are a POS. Especially my tablet. Always having to update it almost every other day, the screen being responsive, and I sometimes get the Blue screen saying it didnt shut down properly when it did...

I will always prefer Apple over PC

Mid 2010 15" MBP ... t he graphics card failed ... apple didn't want to acknowledge it but it was widespread and they changed the logic board for me ... the adapter wire frayed and they said i have a pet that bit the wire ... they also changed that for me free of charge ... not too pleased with it but i love OSX ... so overpriced ... hope it last a few more years ...

2008 Black MacBook. Put a new RAM stick in it and a 1TB SS hybrid drive and it works like a brand new machine.

Mid 2011 MBP. Upgraded to 8 GB of ram and a 240gb SSD. It runs better than when I bought it.

I have the first gen Uni-body 15inch macbook pro, October 2008 release. I actually ordered it the day it was announced. It stills runs faster than a lot of new windows computers that I use around work and school. Hence I prefer using this to anything else. I want a new one, but I'm going to wait for the new generation of chips that come out next fall.

I have a MacBook from Feb. 2007, it has been running well however it makes these loud noises when its on for too long. I replaced the battery one time and I have to get a new replacement one soon. I wouldn't mind getting a new one its just that this one still works but I am taking 18 credits this semester so the last thing I need is for this thing to fail me mid semester. How old are some of your MacBooks?!

Sounds like a fan needs replacement. I got the same laptop, late 2007 MacBook Pro. Just replaced the 120gb HD with a 256 GB SSD from OWC. Now waiting on a fan from eBay to get rid of the loud noise from the right side.

mid 2010 Macbook Pro 13".

Love it and I have no complaints, but I was just contemplating over the weekend if I should try and sell it and upgrade to a 13" MacBook Air...Still haven't decided btw.

Mid-2010 MacBook Pro, still runs very well. The power cord broke but I had Applecare so I didn't pay anything to have it replaced. I'm looking to upgrade to the Retina Display's, though.

15 inch macbook pro, Mid 2009. still runs smooth like the day I bought it :nthat:

only thing I ever changed was upgrading the ram and hard drive.

battery still good at 88% efficiency after all this time and not even close to dying

mid 2010. will overhaul with SSD down the road. battery needs to be changed, waiting on replacement to ship. core 2 duo is still :pimp: gives me 10 hrs on a fresh battery.

Back
Top Bottom