How to detect fake AJ IVs (help us end the incessant posts)

And, as long as there are people like us on these boards, we will always stay ahead of them. There will always be members dedicated to spotting fakes.

Again, and I'm tired of going in circles on this, I've BEEN directing my statements towards all of those people who feel threads like this should not exist, PERIOD. I've said this before. There are quite a few people expressing such a perspective in this thread, as you may have noticed, and it is this perspective that proves most counterproductive to what's being attempted here.

For whatever reason, it seems that quite a few people have a tendency to take every single post I create personally and overlook frivolities like purpose and context.

Let me make this abundantly clear, because I'm through reiterating this:

I believe fake identification guides should exist.

I appreciate any and all positive contributions made to this post. If you're helping to identify fakes, I have no problem with you.

If you don't want fans other than you to learn how to distinguish between authentic and fake products for selfish reasons, then I am talking about you.

Maybe people wouldn't take your posts so personally if you didn't make statements that seem like personal attacks :wink:
wink.gif

Anyway, if you go to Instyle, we've been working on these types of guides for a while now. And we are continuing to update and make new guides.

Spare me the condescension.

Personal attacks? Please.
Let's not foist your comprehension error as mean-spiritedness on my part. If you CHOSE to take statements not even intended for you personally, that's your folly.

I'm not sure how you handle fake sneakers at instyleshoes, and frankly that's none of my concern. However, we're interested in creating a series of public resource guides here on THIS community - and that is and will continue to be the focus of this thread.

I appreciate your substantial contributions, and I'm awaiting others. I won't, however, entertain counterproductive bickering.

It's not just this post. I've been reading your statements for some years now. They always seem to have snide comments in them. Comments that can be taken as being a personal attack.

Enough of this, back to fake spottin'.

I'm only trying to point out your an @#%$. Whoops, I guess I just got banned :wink:
wink.gif

LOL ^

Maybe Nike's way of beating fakes is to include a bunch of oddball side items with their shoes?

XVII > suitcase
XVIII > towel (brush)
XIX > bags, split box

I dunno. Sorry that this doesnt add to the 4's problem.

Just a little sidenote:

Isn't it weird we even have to do this? Nike HQ themselves should be on the forfront of attacking fake products.

Maybe they are, but than you surely don't notice it in any way. Really looks like the fake-makers have a go-along-and-do-what-you-want ticket.
DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN LABS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

Let me just ask you something guys. If you could make yourself a pair of fakes (not from anyone else, your OWN product) would you do it? It's your creation anyways, wouldn't you make yourself a pair of Jordans if you could?
Miro- Bulgarian Bull.

I don't think NIke know just how big the problem is. And no, I wouldn't make my own fake Jordans.

I actually got hold of the variants today and compared them to my authentics.

A couple additional things I noticed. On the variants, the stiching around the front of the midsole has more loops.....if that makes sense. Also, the stars are larger on the variants.

I'll try to take pics tomorrow of these details and what I previously mentioned.

lets look at this picture from Promo-shoes.com. i noticed that the side mesh is straight up and down. is nike trying to copy the variant makers? or is truely a fake that promo is selling on his site?
AJ4-CoolGrey-6.JPG

[/center]

again
Quote:
#2 : " The mesh [ or plastic web on the side panels ] runs parallel to the lace holder " and not vertical .
this below is taken from promo-shoes.com
Quote:
All our items are 100% authentic and brand new (deadstock) in original box. (If not, it will be stated.)
AJ4-WhtGreen-6.JPG

[/center]

Look at the heal/ankle area of those shoes, they look horrible. Thats usually a sign of fakes. As for the rubber covering the mesh, we'll have to wait for an authentic pair comes up. I've seen the scetches of these and those have the rubber lined up with the bottom, like fakes are right now.

Also, I found fakes IV's today that don't have the shape angle cut on the material on the back.

Bottom line is they should state if they're selling variants. That's the core of what makes us p.o.'ed. Just that simple piece of info is what makes all the difference. But since they won't, we need to figure what are fake.

Promoshoes's IV's are fake. I got a pair EXACTLY like the ones in Promo's pics and they look identical to the ones I bought. Fortunately I sold mine.
All of ya'll wear his kicks, but how many of you can actually say you met THE MAN?

Man, those variants look good. Bootleggers are getting good.

But on the real, if they bootleg the original white/ fire-red/black IV's, I might cop that joint.

I have an authentic pair and a fake pair in my possession. I've taken a couple comparison pics pointing out the differences between the air bubble, threading around the toe area, and the stars.

If someone would like to host these pics, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom