How to handle being scammed or ripped off?!?!?!?!

I got ripped off by a seller (not a NT seller, don't worry) & I'm pissed. It was on the NikeTalk facebook group. The guy sent me tagged pics of the shoes, but sent me different shoes in the mail. He said he was in Paypal debt & needed to sell his kicks quick. I paid $350 shipped via Paypal and was supposed to be getting space jams, last shot 14s & 13s all size 10.5 & all 9/10 condo. I get the shoes in the mail today and the jams are size 10, the 13s are size 9.5 and the 14s are a size 10. If you look at the pics they are CLEARLY NOT 9/10 condo. I don't even think anyone would pay more than like $10 for the damn space jams. How would you guys suggest I handle the situation? I already contacted him and told him if we didn't figure out a deal where I get refunded or something then I was going to have to report him to Paypal. He still hasn't replied yet though. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you NT!

The 13s look much worse in person.. so do the 14s. & the space jams are just destroyed.

You got greedy thinking you were getting a heck of a deal and instead got played. If it seems to be too good to be true then you should know the answer by now.

First of all, know that NT doesn't have an official facebook page. Think about it, wouldn't that be redundant since there is already a message board? Red Flag right there. Did you send money as a "gift"? If so RIP. You need to do better research before doing things like this OP. I know you want kicks, but you have to do your due dilligence prior. I hope you get your money back.

a9s37.gif

You didn't get scammed, you just made a sucker *** decision.

You thought you would be getting 2 pairs of relatively popular/hyped up shoes, and the Space Jams, which I've seen go for 400 by themselves, for 350 dollars in decent condition.

You're a ******g idiot.

Can you blame the scammer for not shooting the gift horse in the mouth?

This ***** sold you his grass cutting shoes and probably made more than he did cutting grass in the past month.

Unless you plan on riding on him, enjoy the L that you've just taken.

roll.gif
@ those spacejams.

File a paypal claim, they should definitely side in your favor.

why would you even hesitate to file a Paypal claim? isn't the writing on the wall already

looks like dude worked in restaurant kitchens in those Space Jams :lol:

The second you file a paypal claim, that 350 will be taken out of his account. then he HAS to communicate with you through paypal. or else he loses the money AND the shoes. Just file the claim.

First of all, know that NT doesn't have an official facebook page. Think about it, wouldn't that be redundant since there is already a message board? Red Flag right there. Did you send money as a "gift"? If so RIP. You need to do better research before doing things like this OP. I know you want kicks, but you have to do your due dilligence prior. I hope you get your money back.
I know there isn't a NikeTalk facebook group I understand that. That's why I said it wasn't from NikeTalk. It's just s buy/sell/trade group that chose to use that name. I didn't send money as a gift, I'd never do that.

The second you file a paypal claim, that 350 will be taken out of his account. then he HAS to communicate with you through paypal. or else he loses the money AND the shoes. Just file the claim.
That's what I'm about to do I think..

Now he's telling me not to file a claim, but he said he'll send me $30 back so I can get a sole swap on the jams. :smh:

Now he's telling me not to file a claim, but he said he'll send me $30 back so I can get a sole swap on the jams.
mean.gif
Bruh file the ******g claim already

This ***** has raped you and is trying to get some head too

Last edited:
Once I file a claim & let's say I do get my money back, do I have to send back the shoes or what happens after I file a claim?

Claimed files, get your money, send them back. Cant keep the kicks and money :lol:

Good luck OP

Last edited:
I know I was being very greedy & taking a risk. I just didn't think I was going to get played. But I did & it bite me right in the ***. From now on the only place I'm buying my kicks from is niketalk.com like usual. Thanks for everything NT fam!

I filed a claim & Paypal asked the seller for more information and that's where the claim is at right now..

Back
Top Bottom