How to hide my router and wifi from my college

Ok Niketalk
I found out today that I cant have a router. I have the router so I can use my printer over wifi and I can transfer things between my desktop and my laptop.Its great to have and all but I'm not supposed to have.

So how NT can I hide my router from my school and everyone.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Ok Niketalk
I found out today that I cant have a router. I have the router so I can use my printer over wifi and I can transfer things between my desktop and my laptop. Its great to have and all but I'm not supposed to have.

HIITB

laugh.gif
What kind of police state college do you go to?

dont worry, they wont know which room the signal is coming from. dont worry about a thing...if they have to check your room, they HAVE to give u warning first,so you're straight.

Originally Posted by jehims

dont worry, they wont know which room the signal is coming from. dont worry about a thing...if they have to check your room, they HAVE to give u warning first, so you're straight.

No they don't. All they have to do is give you a copy of a notice saying that they were there and what they inspected.

Originally Posted by Mister916

UC Davis is like that too, don't know anyone who got around this.

You got to Davis? I have a few friends starting there in the fall.

I really doubt though that they will come looking for it or anything. Just make sure no one reports you

dont worry, they wont know which room the signal is coming from. dont worry about a thing...if they have to check your room, they HAVE to give u warning first, so you're straight.

But I have it connected from my ethernet port in my room so I"m hoping they don't pin point it or something

But I have it connected from my ethernet port in my room so I"m hoping they don't pin point it or something
They'll know and they will get you....they always get you.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Ok Niketalk
I found out today that I cant have a router. I have the router so I can use my printer over wifi and I can transfer things between my desktop and my laptop. Its great to have and all but I'm not supposed to have.

HIITB

hide it in the bathroom?

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Ok Niketalk

HIITB

hide it in the bathroom?
laugh.gif
kind of related

My school doesn't allow us to have them because I guess it messes up the internet bandwith for other people. The campus is suppose to be 90% wireless butit definitely wasn't in the summer. I know if my iphone wifi doesn't work in my room I'm getting a router asap.

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

My school doesn't allow us to have them because I guess it messes up the internet bandwith for other people. The campus is suppose to be 90% wireless but it definitely wasn't in the summer. I know if my iphone wifi doesn't work in my room I'm getting a router asap.
It works only works a 1/3 of the time is a another reason I have it

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Ok Niketalk

HIITB

hide it in the butt?

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

My school doesn't allow us to have them because I guess it messes up the internet bandwith for other people. The campus is suppose to be 90% wireless but it definitely wasn't in the summer. I know if my iphone wifi doesn't work in my room I'm getting a router asap.

How does it mess up bandwidth if you're the only one (hopefully) using it?

Back
Top Bottom