How was the early 2000s?

Whatever happened to DJ Clue?

Him and Fab had the mixtape circuit on fire :smokin

Damn mixtapes aren't the same now they're all polished and album-sounding...**** used to be full of random drops and loud *** talking :lol:

That's both good and bad :lol: :lol: the good being you can get free quality music, the bad is you'll more than likely pay for an actual album that either sucks, or just isn't up to par

Last edited:
Esco wasn't a DJ back then.

I would use 1800collect and wouldn't pay a cent. When it asked for my name I would just state what I needed to e.g. "Meet me at the park to ball" then the other person would decline the call. :lol:

You must be young. Willie Esco was a urban clothing line endorsed by Nas(ir) Jones.

I can't see these phones without thinking of OJ Da Juiceman

My moms first phone ever. I couldn't buy ringtones/songs so I voice recorded songs from 106th n Park (moms hated bet so had to be slick)

Nothing but Facts! 

View media item 2027479

I remember being in summer school in summer school in 2000 in New Orleans when I first saw a cat rocking the shuttle jeans. Once I saw them I had to have a pair. But those jeans were around $70+ so moms wasn't gonna get a me a pair. WHen I started working the next summer I caught a couple pairs on clearance. To this day I still miss those Girbaud jeans. I would be the first in line to cop em if they ever came out again. 

In the early 2000's locally the Hot Boys were the one that really started to rock girbaud jeans and that's when they took off nationally. 

Also found this article on Girbaud and how theres still an underground market for them. 

http://qz.com/589104/custom-girbauds/

I honestly would bring these back. Black and red bauds and BC3 [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Just want to emphasis it again. Copping retro Jordan's for 125-150 with ease. All you had to do was show up right before the spot opened. :pimp: :pimp:

Good times

Nah it was early 2000's. It was sort of like McDonald's "happy hour." It was like Tuesdays after school hours or some ish.

I was about to say, McDonalds said July 1999 their burgers increase it to $0.79.

If it was in the 80's- 90's, I didn't go to McDonalds often. My family was too poor. It was a privilege to go there. Only remember having my bday party there once, when I was like 9 or 10. And, a couple of times getting A's on my report card.

Wasn't until late 98-99, I was eating McDonald's often. One of my friends used to work there and gave me the hook up all the time.

This was the menu in 2002

View media item 2031541

Last edited:
Bike with pegs exploring places

Being outside for hours playing

DRAGONBALL Z [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

PS2

Game Cube

AOL (loud screeching noise that sounded like you were talking to aliens)

Lime wire

All night downloads of songs :lol:

Rosie O'Donell Getting Slimed On Kids Choice Awards

Nickdeloden & Cartoon Network

Y2k panic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burger Kings Shake 'em Fries [emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji]

CHEAP GAS

Ja Rule anthems

F&F series

Rap City

BET Uncut

TRL

BORDER BOWLS from Taco Bell

****, there's so many things

J Kwon 'Hood Hop' :x

TaTu 'All The Things She Said' video idc idc idc

AIM Messenger was the GOAT

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when chicks would wear Jean shorts and baseball socks with there high top forces lol

And they wore Melissa gelly shoes smh lol if they had a throwback Jersey dress and Melissa's they were the truth

FILAs with the straps [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

The early 2000s was possibly the height of civilization. Fashion, sports, tech, music was all dope... females used to buss it open for a dude in a fited and some NT denim...

I remember when chicks would wear Jean shorts and baseball socks with there high top forces lol

And they wore Melissa gelly shoes smh lol if they had a throwback Jersey dress and Melissa's they were the truth

Maaan...and they'd have the long cornrows with it....Lawd :pimp:. "I'm a sucker for cornrows, and pedicured toes".

BET uncut was one of the best experiences for a young *****. I remember staying up until 3am...to watch all the videos...with the sound low....and a flashback to Cartoon Network or something :lol:. It's crazy how regular those videos seem now.

I was chillin with this 19 year old chick a few weeks back...and she never seen "Tip Dril"....she just heard it was wild from her older brothers. I put it on...and she was unimpressed. Talking bout, "they not even naked" :lol:.

females used to buss it open for a dude in a fited and some NT denim...
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom