How was the early 2000s?

Early 2000s was kinda ill but kinda weird at the same time. I guess I should say post-911 is where **** got weird but overall like someone said earlier, it was the perfect balance of technology vs social interaction. There was like a progression. I remember meeting chicks in MySpace, then they want to do AIM chat, then you progress to texting, then the next big step was talking on the phone, then y'all finally meet, then you get her pregnant and walk out of her life. There was just a nice flow to it all.

You used to use tech to organize social activities, now the tech is the social activity, or if you're out with people everyone's on their phones half the time. It's just different. Not bad, but different. It was just simpler and when you went out you truly embraced those moments more than I think we do now.

NT was lit tho. Don't even get me started.

Early 2000s was kinda ill but kinda weird at the same time. I guess I should say post-911 is where **** got weird but overall like someone said earlier, it was the perfect balance of technology vs social interaction. There was like a progression. I remember meeting chicks in MySpace, then they want to do AIM chat, then you progress to texting, then the next big step was talking on the phone, then y'all finally meet, then you get her pregnant and walk out of her life. There was just a nice flow to it all.

You used to use tech to organize social activities, now the tech is the social activity, or if you're out with people everyone's on their phones half the time. It's just different. Not bad, but different. It was just simpler and when you went out you truly embraced those moments more than I think we do now.

NT was lit tho. Don't even get me started.

I feel u on da tech..

I used to love it when AIM was still ubiquitous...cuz once u sign on these broads was wanting to be talked to. TXT i would only use as voicemail, and call would only do for emergency and business.

That sidekick tmail was jumpin.... :pimp:

WDYWT on NT in the early 2000s was AMAZING becuz a whole bunch of kicks hadnt been retroed yet.

Also the arguments looool

WDYWT on NT in the early 2000s was AMAZING becuz a whole bunch of kicks hadnt been retroed yet.

When dirtylicious moved it from nike retro to general is when da fireworks came :lol:

It was such a riot meth basically created sneakershowcase to banish it over there :lol:

Yo whoever mention AIM messenger :smokin

I actually enjoyed talking to people then. Now with Fb messenger I cringe when there is a message.

When Vince Mcmahon threw his hat in the football ring and created this

I still have one of these footballs lol.

Last edited:
XFL should have been scripted. Can you imagine every game coming down to the last play, refs actually cheating for real, players turning heel, etc. Would have been lit!!

When Vince Mcmahon threw his hat in the football ring and created this
I still have one of these footballs lol.
View media item 2031869

That was one of the craziest gambles I've ever seen in business....

Going against the giant that was the NFL, :lol: with all these crazy ideas too. I remember that one dudes jersey that said HE HATE ME on the back :rofl:

that first play to determine opening possession
the scramble :pimp:
definitely much safer than kickoffs :nerd:

my buddy went to the sf demons gm and he was telling me how cheerleaders were basically shakin and twerkin in the stands :evil:
til this day, he still thinks the fan experience at xfl gms is better than nfl

i respek vince for trying to get in the gm, even though he lost a whole bunch of money

Last edited:
Whatever happened to DJ Clue?

Him and Fab had the mixtape circuit on fire :smokin

Damn mixtapes aren't the same now they're all polished and album-sounding...**** used to be full of random drops and loud *** talking :lol:

Maaaaan I used to hate those kazaa downloads where you think it's the album version of the song, then midway through blasting your eardrums out comes DJ CLUE!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS NAHHMEAN!!!!

It was a pain downloading like 12 different files just tryin to find the one without the DJ shoutout bull on it. Funkmaster flex was thee worst!

Also, that platinum jewelry phase was :rofl:. If you were a rapper and had gold anything you got clowned hard. I remember arguing about who had the top 10 grills back in 04 or 05 and that determined your skill as a rapper :rofl:

Juvenile
Chamillionaire
Paul Wall
Young Buck

:rofl:

Last edited:
Maaaaan I used to hate those kazaa downloads where you think it's the album version of the song, then midway through blasting your eardrums out comes DJ CLUE!!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS NAHHMEAN!!!!

It was a pain downloading like 12 different files just tryin to find the one without the DJ shoutout bull on it. Funkmaster flex was thee worst!

Also, that platinum jewelry phase was :rofl:. If you were a rapper and had gold anything you got clowned hard. I remember arguing about who had the top 10 grills back in 04 or 05 and that determined your skill as a rapper :rofl:

Juvenile
Chamillionaire
Paul Wall
Young Buck

Bruh it was worse in line wire. Good thing you had the preview button. But i would hate the dj shouting in it

Like ok you can say your name. But to say it and have it echo for 45 mins? Nahh

Also, that platinum jewelry phase was
roll.gif
. If you were a rapper and had gold anything you got clowned hard. I remember arguing about who had the top 10 grills back in 04 or 05 and that determined your skill as a rapper
roll.gif

Juvenile
Chamillionaire
Paul Wall
Young Buck

roll.gif
Or downloading a song and midway through it would hit you with some "property of _______ records."

Or the song would start, you'd think you were good and 30 seconds in it would just be static and fuzz. Seeder trolls.
laugh.gif

everytime I see WDYWT I cant help but think of that dude who would always wear supreme dunks in that dirty *** room with clothes all over the place and the that asian cat with the big hair and skinny jeans.

Also, that platinum jewelry phase was :rofl: . If you were a rapper and had gold anything you got clowned hard. I remember arguing about who had the top 10 grills back in 04 or 05 and that determined your skill as a rapper :rofl:

Juvenile

Chamillionaire

Paul Wall

Young Buck

Or downloading a song and midway through it would hit you with some "property of _______ records."

Or the song would start, you'd think you were good and 30 seconds in it would just be static and fuzz. Seeder trolls. :lol:

Maaaaaaaan I hated this :rofl:

I also hated the chinstraps that were popular at the time, mostly because I couldn't grow one :smh:

Back
Top Bottom