How would you feel if Nike was switched out with Adidas and made S.O.D. NBA Uniforms??

How would you feel if Nike took over the NBA instead of Adidas?? I have always like the Nike NBA jerseys back when teams chose who sponsored them (or at leasti thought they were chosen by teams) and i was upset when Reebok took over and still wasnt happy when they Adidas came along. I was was wondering how wouldthe NBA look if all of the apparel was Nike. Personally i love the S.O.D. Uniforms, they fit me great and look great to me (thats why i have like 12+ pairs ofshorts). I know alot of people complain because they are too big for most and "look like kapris" (sp) on some athletes in college. But i think theywould come out really well since the NBA has rules on shorts length, for example the USA uniforms turned out great and all the players loved the feel of them. Just hit me up with your opinions. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't mind seeing them, just as long as the shorts length rule in the NBA is followed. I'm fine with the stuff they wear now too. What Idon't like are the wide shoulders, durasheen, and boring uniform designs of today. Not sure the apparel supplier controls much of that though.

Originally Posted by mjd77

I wouldn't mind seeing them, just as long as the shorts length rule in the NBA is followed. I'm fine with the stuff they wear now too. What I don't like are the wide shoulders, durasheen, and boring uniform designs of today. Not sure the apparel supplier controls much of that though.
I think adidas would have some say as to the dimensions of the uniforms, but i'm fairly sure the teams individually design their uniforms

I'm all in favor of the swoosh taking back the nba. I like SOD uni's but I think the jersey's are too tight to wear as a casual fan. I loved theirdri-fit uni's from the early 2000s though.

I haven't bought a jersey since Nike was last replaced. Still waiting on the day that the Swoosh returns.

Originally Posted by dollabill87

I would love to see a swoosh on nba apparel and jersey's again!
You wouldn't even if Nike took over. True game unis don't have any company markings.

Originally Posted by raw120

I'm all in favor of the swoosh taking back the nba. I like SOD uni's but I think the jersey's are too tight to wear as a casual fan. I loved their dri-fit uni's from the early 2000s though.

the nfl players jerseys fit differently than fans get, so why cant adidas or nike do the same for the nba? nike gives the players different shoes to playersthan get released, so it should be no problem to do the same for jerseys.

werent the Olympic uni's Nike? Im not big on those tight jerseys and baggy shorts. They look like dudes that hoop in wifebeaters during the summer
if Nike went away from the tight jersey look, I'd be all for it cause I like the looks of the college stuff they do. black out Bulls or Spurs jerseys likeUofO's would be hot. impractical, but hot

Nike had the option of doing the NBA's uniforms etc, but turned it down, in favor of doin' the Redeem Team's uniforms.

I think it would be a good look if Nike did the uniforms for the NBA. Dri-Fit is very comfy. RBK did a good job with the uniforms.

SOD is pure trash and is ugly as hell. Would ruin the look of the NBA plus stern would never allow it.

You know how much I love the SOD stuff so I would be ALL OVER IT. I need some new SOD shorts this winter.

not entirely on topic but if SOD shorts had pockets, i woulld have a million pairs...thats there only flaw.

nike nba S.O.D.s would be
pimp.gif

i haven't copped a jersey since NIKE lost they NBA contract...man they warmups were something EPIC
pimp.gif

Nike could have outbid adidas if they wanted to but made a business decision not to pursue it for the same reason they didn't grab the NFL deal: they arenot profit-maximizing deals. It costs too much to supply every team in the league with free stuff and most fans don't buy new jerseys every year. Mostpeople buy new shoes every year though, which is why they are happy to sponsor the best players in both leagues. On any given NBA court, there are 8 swooshesrunning the courts during live play so they're still getting exposure that way.

But back to the original question, if you had a choice between a Nike and adidas NBA jersey, I think 95% of people would pick Nike.

Originally Posted by ridikulas

Nike could have outbid adidas if they wanted to but made a business decision not to pursue it for the same reason they didn't grab the NFL deal: they are not profit-maximizing deals. It costs too much to supply every team in the league with free stuff and most fans don't buy new jerseys every year. Most people buy new shoes every year though, which is why they are happy to sponsor the best players in both leagues. On any given NBA court, there are 8 swooshes running the courts during live play so they're still getting exposure that way.

But back to the original question, if you had a choice between a Nike and adidas NBA jersey, I think 95% of people would pick Nike.
/Thread.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Stern is the reason no teams in the league have black uniforms. He said it looks too gangsta.

I think this would be a great idea. I love the S.O.D. jerseys and they looked great on team USA. My only dislike is when college teams get the S.O.D. jerseytops extra big so they are baggy.

Back
Top Bottom