How would you guys handle this situation? dude hating

Still makes someone look insecure, imo. Now, if this is consistent and on going behavior and your girl is unsuccessful in getting the guy to back off, that's a different story.  But a drunken comment like that? Nah.  

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Still makes someone look insecure, imo.

i really don't see the insecurity in it.    if he was flipping out over any guy that so much as even tried talking to his girl i'd consider him insecure  especially if his girl looks good because that means he'd be acting insecure alot.    if dudes tried to get at his girl and she shut them down and the dude respected it once she mentioned she had a bf  and he was still bugging  i'd see that as being insecure.

however in this case he was blatantly disrespected,  a simple "it's kinda corny how you asked my girl what she was doing with some loser like be behind my back yet your smiling in my face now"  would be a fair response.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Still makes someone look insecure, imo.

i really don't see the insecurity in it.    if he was flipping out over any guy that so much as even tried talking to his girl i'd consider him insecure  especially if his girl looks good because that means he'd be acting insecure alot.    if dudes tried to get at his girl and she shut them down and the dude respected it once she mentioned she had a bf  and he was still bugging  i'd see that as being insecure.

however in this case he was blatantly disrespected,  a simple "it's kinda corny how you asked my girl what she was doing with some loser like be behind my back yet your smiling in my face now"  would be a fair response.

I wouldn't call it insecure but some stuff just isn't that serious IMO. It happened once and if she handled it properly it should be done with. If he keeps coming back after she told him no/stop then its a problem.

I wouldn't call it insecure but some stuff just isn't that serious IMO. It happened once and if she handled it properly it should be done with. If he keeps coming back after she told him no/stop then its a problem.

laugh.gif
man if we told our guys every time some lame-o made a comment like that ya'll would be up in arms 24/7. I've had NT'ers say exactly the same thing to me - of course being on the interwebs it's a bit more impersonal but when you reach a certain age you gotta let the comments of others slide. He's only being disrespected if he allows himself to feel that way, in this kind of situation anyways. Men are dogs. They say dumb **@+. Ohhh guuuurl why you wit him when you could be wit a guy like me? yeah like that impresses us. Yes, I'm making sweeping generalizations here
laugh.gif
But being secure in yourself and in your relationship means you can brush off this petty nonsense unless it escalates to another level.

edit - I didn't see your response on the previous page, so if you gotta confront the dude to feel better about it all, whatever you gotta do. 

laugh.gif
man if we told our guys every time some lame-o made a comment like that ya'll would be up in arms 24/7. I've had NT'ers say exactly the same thing to me - of course being on the interwebs it's a bit more impersonal but when you reach a certain age you gotta let the comments of others slide. He's only being disrespected if he allows himself to feel that way, in this kind of situation anyways. Men are dogs. They say dumb **@+. Ohhh guuuurl why you wit him when you could be wit a guy like me? yeah like that impresses us. Yes, I'm making sweeping generalizations here
laugh.gif
But being secure in yourself and in your relationship means you can brush off this petty nonsense unless it escalates to another level.

edit - I didn't see your response on the previous page, so if you gotta confront the dude to feel better about it all, whatever you gotta do. 

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

id laugh at the thought of a man giving a woman dating advice ever concerning himself with me.
THIS. Blows my mind when that happens though

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

id laugh at the thought of a man giving a woman dating advice ever concerning himself with me.
THIS. Blows my mind when that happens though

^

i feel where your coming from completely and your points are valid and make since, i guess im stubborn in my ways though because i gotta agree to disagree with you.

honestly i'm far from an overprotective dude, and i can laugh off alot of the b.s dudes have said or done trying to get at my girl but there's certain things i won't tolerate. one time me n my girl were at a restaurant and i went to the restroom, when i got back to sit down she was telling me how one of the guys at the table next to us said something similar to what the o.p posted. i tapped him on the shoulder while he was eating and just told him straight up, "what you told her when i was in the restroom you shoulda said when i was here because the only person who looks weak is the one who had to wait til i went to the restroom to say something slick" i honestly didn't feel insecure at all in that situation, i was furious that the guy would disrespect me like that but i controlled myself from overreacting completely.

^

i feel where your coming from completely and your points are valid and make since, i guess im stubborn in my ways though because i gotta agree to disagree with you.

honestly i'm far from an overprotective dude, and i can laugh off alot of the b.s dudes have said or done trying to get at my girl but there's certain things i won't tolerate. one time me n my girl were at a restaurant and i went to the restroom, when i got back to sit down she was telling me how one of the guys at the table next to us said something similar to what the o.p posted. i tapped him on the shoulder while he was eating and just told him straight up, "what you told her when i was in the restroom you shoulda said when i was here because the only person who looks weak is the one who had to wait til i went to the restroom to say something slick" i honestly didn't feel insecure at all in that situation, i was furious that the guy would disrespect me like that but i controlled myself from overreacting completely.

Maybe insecure isn't the right word, and I think it does make a difference if you confront the person right after it happens - letting him know that the behavior is unacceptable rather than like 2 weeks later next time duke sees the guy and the guys all like "*$% you talking about?"
laugh.gif
Then it just looks like you were stewing about the situation that whole time just waitin for the opportunity to approach him.

Maybe insecure isn't the right word, and I think it does make a difference if you confront the person right after it happens - letting him know that the behavior is unacceptable rather than like 2 weeks later next time duke sees the guy and the guys all like "*$% you talking about?"
laugh.gif
Then it just looks like you were stewing about the situation that whole time just waitin for the opportunity to approach him.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

When they hate you know you doing great. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

^

When they hate you know you doing great. 
pimp.gif

OP you made this thread not for advice but to co-sign with someone who was thinking the same way as you. if your girl brushed it off then don't worry about it...if you really want to diffuse the situation then the next time you see the dude let him know your not a douche...if you are one then you are.

OP you made this thread not for advice but to co-sign with someone who was thinking the same way as you. if your girl brushed it off then don't worry about it...if you really want to diffuse the situation then the next time you see the dude let him know your not a douche...if you are one then you are.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

anger is a sign of weakness dude just 4get homey said anything and kick it wit ur girl while he solo

far from true...how you handle it shows how mature/immature you are
Someone not bout that life would say "Anger is a sign of weakness"

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Shorty Doo Wop

anger is a sign of weakness dude just 4get homey said anything and kick it wit ur girl while he solo

far from true...how you handle it shows how mature/immature you are
Someone not bout that life would say "Anger is a sign of weakness"

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BK201

Whip it out and d-slap him in the face.
Then you say "now you know why she's dating a jerk like me."
diddy bop
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ some of these comments... Y'all just provoking OP
laugh.gif

But let's be reality... You gotta let dude know what's good.

Originally Posted by BK201

Whip it out and d-slap him in the face.
Then you say "now you know why she's dating a jerk like me."
diddy bop
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ some of these comments... Y'all just provoking OP
laugh.gif

But let's be reality... You gotta let dude know what's good.

Back
Top Bottom