HP Touchpad for $99/$149

damb. So i'm like 50% right now in getting one from OnSale. I called this morning with absolutely no wait. I selected "Costumer Service" in lieu of "Sales" option. I explained to her that I was supposed to received a call back yesterday from a rep and never did(Lie #dontjudgeme) so then she takes my original order number from when i first ordered in August.

Comes back takes my information and tells me i'll be receiving an e-mail and a phone call from processing rep to complete my order.

Received the e-mail, waiting on the phone call back.

Originally Posted by shoefreak77

Onsale order shipped...now I gotta decide what I'm gonna do with 2....although the hype died down, I got sucked back in and ordered this.
-sf77

nerd.gif

so these didnt restock somewhere these are the onsale orders ... ok
but still
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

whats the best protectitve skin I can get for the back of my TP thats around 10-20? I kind of want to go get it at a store ASAP since I dont want to scratch up my TP before I use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WebOS is a pos. The keyboard has no directional keys, so you basically have to delete everything in front of the letter you want to change, unless you get lucky and your touchscreen actually goes where you want it to when you hit it. Web pages do this weird thing where they reload themselves randomly, and then you can't go backwards. Sometimes I'll have like 3 cards open and it tells me I have too many open. The copy and paste feature is a pain and you have to be exact in order for it to work. You can't click a photo and view the webpage to post a link. Skype/aim takes 10 seconds to switch back between one convo to the next. Sorry for the rant, but this thing gives me a headache sometimes. If I paid $400 or whatever it originally was priced at, I would have taken it back by now.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

WebOS is a pos. The keyboard has no directional keys, so you basically have to delete everything in front of the letter you want to change, unless you get lucky and your touchscreen actually goes where you want it to when you hit it. Web pages do this weird thing where they reload themselves randomly, and then you can't go backwards. Sometimes I'll have like 3 cards open and it tells me I have too many open. The copy and paste feature is a pain and you have to be exact in order for it to work. You can't click a photo and view the webpage to post a link. Skype/aim takes 10 seconds to switch back between one convo to the next. Sorry for the rant, but this thing gives me a headache sometimes. If I paid $400 or whatever it originally was priced at, I would have taken it back by now.

it was only $100 tho.

i would have NEVER thought about paying the full price for this.........and HP realized it.   this isnt even worth how much it cost them to make it honestly.....but its certainly worth a buck

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

whats the best protectitve skin I can get for the back of my TP thats around 10-20? I kind of want to go get it at a store ASAP since I dont want to scratch up my TP before I use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
skinomi has their skins on sale for around $16-17.

lifetime warranty too, and good reviews.

Originally Posted by phillip929

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

skinomi has their skins on sale for around $16-17.

lifetime warranty too, and good reviews.
Thanks, someone just told me the same thing on SD. I used the 25% code (get25) and ended up paying 14 for a carbon fiber back skin and screen protector. Not a bad deal for such a highly rated product.

Originally Posted by solesavage

damb. So i'm like 50% right now in getting one from OnSale. I called this morning with absolutely no wait. I selected "Costumer Service" in lieu of "Sales" option. I explained to her that I was supposed to received a call back yesterday from a rep and never did(Lie #dontjudgeme) so then she takes my original order number from when i first ordered in August.

Comes back takes my information and tells me i'll be receiving an e-mail and a phone call from processing rep to complete my order.

EDIT: FINALLY! Received a call back from the REP as promised at 9:15 PST!!!!! Damn, much props and respect to ONSALE for grinding and compensating all the orders they cancelled. Only offering the 32gb but I dont mind at all. 
If you were one of the thousands that placed an order back in August and got cancelled, all you have to do is call. They are only taking care of people who had their orders cancelled. 

EDIT: FINALLY! Received a call back from the REP as promised at 9:15 PST!!!!! Damn, much props and respect to ONSALE for grinding and compensating all the orders they cancelled. Only offering the 32gb but I dont mind at all. 
If you were one of the thousands that placed an order back in August and got cancelled, all you have to do is call. They are only taking care of people who had their orders cancelled. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ColdCity

anybody that ordered from onsale & had them canceled that dont want it now?
nerd.gif

pm plz
damn man, i'm starting to feel bad
laugh.gif

might as well just wait it out 'til HP restocks though.

hit me up when you get yours, i have a brand new skinomi skin + screen protector for your TP (when/if you get it), i'll shoot it your way for free. they have a lifetime warranty, so you should be straight.

nerd.gif

pm plz
laugh.gif

hit me up when you get yours, i have a brand new skinomi skin + screen protector for your TP (when/if you get it), i'll shoot it your way for free. they have a lifetime warranty, so you should be straight.

im gonna hold you to that
nerd.gif

I heard about the onsale thing they're doing. Honestly, now that the hype has died down I don't even really want one anymore. Glad I didn't pull the trigger

nerd.gif

pm plz
laugh.gif

im gonna hold you to that
nerd.gif
I called you out in this thread a few pages ago so that I could help you get one through OnSale, but never heard anything. If you're still interested, PM me, let's talk ...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

coldcity, you ended up getting a TP?
nah not yet iphillip just got my shipping info to send me a skin & screen protector but i dont have a tp YET

just got mine. feel like i "deserve" after sticking with the palm pre for a few years.
yeah new people should expect it to feel very free but very basic due to not having a real company using/developing it 
30t6p3b.gif

i assume for wallpaper any 1024 x 1024 pic is cool ...
nerd.gif

OH YEAH! I got my shipping info, I really hope Onsale isn't trolling me again. So far it just says it's been scanned in Memphis?
EDIT: Good luck to everyone, who's been trying to get one [and actually using it].  Keep trying!

Onsale order arrived today.
Got a call from a rep at OfficeMax (cancelled my order that was placed during the craziness), they are also fulfilling cancelled orders, wanted to know if I still wanted a 32gb...told her to go ahead and ship it....HP must have come through for these companies that had to cancel tons of orders.
-sf77

how is it that smb isstill gettin the raw end of the deal?

thats like ordering from the nike team division and footlocker gettin the kick first.

what is THE HELL is going on?

WHY is SMB GETTNG SHAFTED, fambs?

An HP employee was able to phone order one for me today since the site wasn't working when I tried.

They don't get free shipping
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

thats like ordering from the nike team division and footlocker gettin the kick first.

we are never getting them bro, its time to face the music and go preorder a Kindle Fire
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by ricky409

we are never getting them bro, its time to face the music and go preorder a Kindle Fire
ohwell.gif

nooooooooo, fambs...

we gotta stay on it...

if mid november rolls around, and we still out of luck, then maybe...

but we're still in that 6-8 week production period.

dont give up on it, fambs...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom