HP Touchpad for $99/$149

grin.gif
they can still juggle both nuts with their tongue(s)

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by AJChick23

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i havent even been using mine. might contemplate selling it
30t6p3b.gif
same here..

I use mine everyday and love it. Surf the net and watch movies on it. I don't burn DVD's anymore and just upload them to my touchpad.
+ Streaming games, Amazon Prime VOD
pimp.gif

I had the toughest time wrapping my TP with that skinomi stuff. Definitely a struggle, not really content with the outcome. The screen protector has air pockets still. Does not look clean.
Any other recommendations for a clean protective cover?

My skin case finally came, I don't like those stick on cases and such. One thing that really annoyed me was that the power button slot was way too stiff. And then it would take a print screen image, so I cut that entire part out. If anyone's interested in one, I got it off amazon:
Amazon product ASIN B005POHB4O

10 October 2011, 13:10
[h1]CyanogenMod 7.1 custom Android firmware released - Update[/h1]
CyanogenMod_Logo_200-aa67e23353a9d364.png
The CyanogenMod project developers have announced the release of version 7.1 of their modified Android firmware. According to Android programmer and project founder Steve Kondik (AKA "Cyanogen"), the major update follows a long delay due to a number of issues, including problems with the automated build system. However, Kondik says that he hopes to "speed up our release process in the future".

Like the 7.0.x branch, CyanogenMod 7.1 is based on the source code for Android 2.3 "Gingerbread", specifically 2.3.7, and now includes support for building on 68 devices. Enhancements in the new version include brightness control settings from the status bar, the addition of a "copy all" option in the context menu and a "Mark all read" MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) option. Users can launch apps using gestures and optionally hide the hold button during a call.

For devices with built-in FM tuners, FM status can be shown on the lock screen and FM seeks support has been added. Other changes include Bluetooth mouse and tethering support, profile and lock screen improvements, a wake on volume key option and a mute camera shutter option, as well as a camera timer and a touch-to-focus feature. Support for revoking application permissions has also been added.

Kondik notes that the project has continued to grow and improve thanks to support from the mobile industry. For example, Sony Ericsson recently helped the team by providing more than 20 devices for development use, along with technical assistance and hardware drivers. Several other vendors have also reached out to the project in recent months. Kondik added that a porting guide and information on how vendors can get involved with the project will be provided soon.

The CyanogenMod project offers free community-built custom ROMs that don't include Google's custom closed-source applications, such as GMail, Google Maps and YouTube. The custom ROMs are popular as they are often more up-to-date than the official model-specific Android releases and will typically extend a phones capabilities. To date, nearly 700,000 devices have been registered running the custom firmware.

More details about the release, including a list of new devices since 7.0 and a full list of changes, can be found in a post on the CyanogenMod blog and in the change log. The developers advise users to install CyanogenMod 7.1 via ROM Mananger; installation instructions and details of how to "root" various devices can be found on the project's wiki. Alternatively, users can manually download the custom ROM from the project's mirror network. Upgrading from any previous 7.0.x release or nightly build "should be smooth" and no restore should be required.

The H reminds users that, as with all custom firmware, inexperienced users are not advised to flash their devices as they could unintentionally "brick" them, resulting in a complete loss of functionality.

Update: The developers note that a number of devices are still "in beta status". These include the HTC Sensation (Pyramid), LG Optimus 3D and HP's TouchPad tablet, which ships with the WebOS mobile operating system. The developers say that they are currently working on an installer for the TouchPad that will allow users to load their Android ROM alongside WebOS, providing a dual-boot option. A demonstration video of the "ACME Installer" is available on YouTube.

Originally Posted by solesavage

I had the toughest time wrapping my TP with that skinomi stuff. Definitely a struggle, not really content with the outcome. The screen protector has air pockets still. Does not look clean.

clarivue.  Personally, that's the best for me, and, along with steinhill, consistently is rated the best for phones from what I've seen.  Only thing is it's pricey.  I payed about 22 for it.  But it was my only expensive accessory since everything else, the touchstone for 35, 2 folio cases for 20 and 15 each, and keyboard for 25, was less than half regular price.

Dry application is better, IMO.  Also have it on my Evo.  Feels like there's nothing on it.  Only reason I also got a zagg for my Evo was because they were at Marshalls/TJMaxx for like 6 dollars.  I dislike the wet application and hate the rubbery feel.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Originally Posted by solesavage

clarivue.  Personally, that's the best for me, and, along with steinhill, consistently is rated the best for phones from what I've seen.  Only thing is it's pricey.  I payed about 22 for it.  But it was my only expensive accessory since everything else, the touchstone for 35, 2 folio cases for 20 and 15 each, and keyboard for 25, was less than half regular price.

Dry application is better, IMO.  Also have it on my Evo.  Feels like there's nothing on it.  Only reason I also got a zagg for my Evo was because they were at Marshalls/TJMaxx for like 6 dollars.  I dislike the wet application and hate the rubbery feel.

dude clarivue is the ##@% when it comes to screen protectors i always cop 2 anti-glare , and 2 clarity ones, whenever that buy one get one free sale comes around
pimp.gif

yo can someone cop one of these for me and ill pay cost + 20 bucks??? -_____-

maybe one of you that is bored with it already? i cant find one for the life of me -______________________---

With those clear skin protectors, they will start to peel off at the edges due to dirt, dust, lint, etc after 6 months or so (probably longer since it's a touchpad and it's not going inside your pocket)

Im sure phone owners with skin protectors have/will have this issue, albeit minor.

I think yall would benefit from some hard protective cover. My brother bought a Poetic leather case and its not bad. It doubles as a stand which is nice.

[h2][/h2]

android

By Kelly HodgkinsOct 13, 2011 2:12 AM
rightbar.flame.png
rightbar.comment.png

logo.png
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Newsletter
carrot.png

[h1]Here’s An Alpha Version Of CyanogenMod For The HP Touchpad[/h1]
The HP Touchpad just jumped up a few notches on the tablet scale now that the first public release of CyanogenMod is available for download.

The port is an alpha release which means it's functional, but rough around the edges. According to dalingrin, most hardware features of the tablet are supported including buttons, sound, bluetooth, Wi-Fi, backlight, accelerometer and more.

It's not perfect, but it could be fun for those adventuresome webOS owners. If you're interested, then head over to RootzWiki for all the details. [RootzWiki]

nerd.gif
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

just installed, new android user here good sites to start ?

whats so special about android on the touchpad? what can you do diff then what you can do on WebOS?

Back
Top Bottom