HP Touchpad for $99/$149

everyone's moms and grandmoms will have an HP Touchpad. time to get back into personal computing HP.

I wish this thing would have been out longer to produce keyboard/case combinations like this one. My gf has this for her iPad 2 and it's pretty convenient. I think she paid $65 for it...

logitech-keyboard-case-ipad-2-b00512w4y2.jpg

Had mine ordered earlier through amazon. Heard the gf might've wanted one so I'm glad I waited to get it. Was disappointed when I heard that webos won't be supported anymore, but I hear android support is coming soon so I'll def hop on that.

^ i think those are the 64GB ones that didn't even get fully released before HP killed the webOS devices off so their not available for sale. Although that could change since I don't see why HP would keep the ones they've manufactured already

Pardon my ignorance and or tablet knowledge, but what makes Web OS far inferior to the android and Apple OS?  I used the Palm Pre as a cellphone a few years back and I really enjoyed it.  I now have a Motorola android phone, which is fine, but I don't think , aside from apps, that it works phenomenally better.  For my needs, this HP touchpad is just peachy.  Consider it a steal and a "poor man's" Ipad2 i guess?

its manly just the lack of app support & the fact that the webOS apps that are available are manly "inferior" and not "as smooth" as their iOS & android counterparts.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
hit my damn post limit cause of this thread. guess i can finally get some sleep
30t6p3b.gif

Pardon my ignorance and or tablet knowledge, but what makes Web OS far inferior to the android and Apple OS?  I used the Palm Pre as a cellphone a few years back and I really enjoyed it.  I now have a Motorola android phone, which is fine, but I don't think , aside from apps, that it works phenomenally better.  For my needs, this HP touchpad is just peachy.  Consider it a steal and a "poor man's" Ipad2 i guess?

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Had mine ordered earlier through amazon. Heard the gf might've wanted one so I'm glad I waited to get it. Was disappointed when I heard that webos won't be supported anymore, but I hear android support is coming soon so I'll def hop on that.
HP is still looking to support WebOS. With so many people buying these tablets I don't see someone missing the opportunity of to get the license from HP to build apps/updates for it

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by sniper

I wish this thing would have been out longer to produce keyboard/case combinations like this one. My gf has this for her iPad 2 and it's pretty convenient. I think she paid $65 for it...

http://www.shopping.hp.co..._detail/FB344AA%2523AC3?
Thanks! However, I was referring to a keyboard that also doubles as a case...
In regards to the white 64GB, I'd guess it would be priced at $199.99 if ever released...

iPad-2-Keyboard-Case-iPad-2-Cover-Wireless-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Logitech-Keyboard-Case-By-ZAGG.png

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by sniper

http://www.shopping.hp.co..._detail/FB344AA%2523AC3?
The price is almost as much as the tablet
laugh.gif
seriously. i would assume that since it's bluetooth, any bluetooth keyboard would work for it. If so people could shave off half that

Back from work (Best Buy) apparently my best buy co-workers went H.A.M and bought them all out before only a few customers can get one. f'ed up yes. Then today people were lined outside the store. Good 30 people, managers told them they were sold out. People got frustrated and got really salty.

Something weird too. Some store in Manhattan 44th and 5th ave best had 50. Some one did 43 OMS reserve which is basically a in-store pick up to one customer. Thats mad grimey if best buy allowed 1 customer buy all 43.

This thing got people in a frenzy. I won't be surprise if manufactures start selling tablets with good hardware in the future for a $100 bucks. WebOS is now as popular as iOS and Android cause its in many hands right now.

Ordered 2 from Amazon earlier like everyone else I am just hoping they come thru... Was blessed and got thru on HP so I feel like I have at least 1 coming....

If I get all 3

Gonna give one to the GF (she will more than likely allow me to play with it a good bit)

Sell or give one to lil sis

and probably give one to my Aunt from Nigeria who is in town for the month and was hoping to get a used iPad for her son....

Got an iPad 2 already that I love so I don't see this as much more than just a play toy

Ebay auctions went from 3,000 for "hp touchpad" to 5,000 and the price still isn't moving too far down.

HP should've priced them $100 higher.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Back from work (Best Buy) apparently my best buy co-workers went H.A.M and bought them all out before only a few customers can get one. f'ed up yes. Then today people were lined outside the store. Good 30 people, managers told them they were sold out. People got frustrated and got really salty.

Something weird too. Some store in Manhattan 44th and 5th ave best had 50. Some one did 43 OMS reserve which is basically a in-store pick up to one customer. Thats mad grimey if best buy allowed 1 customer buy all 43.

This thing got people in a frenzy. I won't be surprise if manufactures start selling tablets with good hardware in the future for a $100 bucks. WebOS is now as popular as iOS and Android cause its in many hands right now.

Doubtful. HP priced the TouchPad to dump stock. If it was priced at 200 and 250 I doubt the sales would have been that stellar. HP basically gave them away at that price.

Any manufacturer would be wiser to manufacture Windows or Android OS devices at this point versus wasting resources on a essentially failed OS.

I got it through OnSale.com on Amazon.com earlier. 32gig. If anything, the Skype will be cool, BeatsByDre, and I will just use it to browse the web in my living room as opposed to using my bulky, Dell laptop. Plus, if Android comes out with software for it? M O N E Y !

Back
Top Bottom